John McCain Discontinuing Medical Treatment

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The "kill chain" is a stupid bit of nonsense. I read it and I felt like I was reading Clausewitz or Sun Tzu. I kept saying 'well duh' the whole time. 

What do I know? Idk, maybe how to call for fire, the 9-line medevac, the Australian peel, CQB, every infantry battle drill, and how to run mounted cavalry maneuvers. Stupid things like that. 

I think you know how to claim to be something you're not on the internet.

Stolen valor.

Just now, sherpa said:

Claiming he dedicated his life to "putting servicemen in harm's way" is a gross distortion, as is claiming that he "pissed on the graves of everyone who served."

You sound like one of the Viet Nam vets who never got over that war and how details of it were treated afterward, and for very good reasons.

And for the record, I've never liked the guy, and viewed his revered treatment last week as undeserved and bizarre.

I understand we are on different wavelengths here. :beer: 

Just now, The_Dude said:

I'm not answering that unbelievably stupid question. 

You're not answering the very relevant question... because you know it ruins your defense of the indefensible. 

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

I think you know how to claim to be something you're not on the internet.

Stolen valor.

Yeah, well, try to convince the other vets on the board of that because if I'm faking I have an unbelievable amount of intimate knowledge. Also, I don't care what you think.  

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You're not answering the very relevant question... because you know it ruins your defense of the indefensible. 

No, it's because you're stupid and predictable. 

"Yeah, al qaeda sucks"

"GOTCHA! Because McCain did al qaeda things and I have some bull **** evidence to show you! Checkmate!"

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I'm pretty sure you've not read any books on Stalin or his 5 year plans. I'm fairly certain you googled some nonsense and now believe yourself sufficiently educated to question me because you're a dumbass. I will not address any of those questions until somebody can explain to me how willful genocide is "economics." Because I nearly minored in business  and I took economics, and it's weird -- we never studied genocide. Weird. 

You are so far out of your depth here that it's not even funny.

It's on you to explain how the process of achieving the forced collectivization of the bread basket of Europe was not economic policy.

Just now, The_Dude said:

Yeah, well, try to convince the other vets on the board of that because if I'm faking I have an unbelievable amount of intimate knowledge. Also, I don't care what you think.  

It's pretty pathetic how the losers on this forum denigrate US Veterans such as yourself and @Tiberius.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Any muppet can regurgitate things he's read in journals, and repeat first hand accounts he's heard.

That's you.

Stolen valor.

No one here should have any respect for you.  It's one thing to make a personal decision to not serve.  That's perfectly respectable, and the hallmark of a free society.  It's very much another thing to choose not to serve, but then to claim to be a decorated combat veteran, stealing the valor of those who did choose to place themselves in harms way.

You're the lowest form of low.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Just now, The_Dude said:

No, it's because you're stupid and predictable. 

"Yeah, al qaeda sucks"

"GOTCHA! Because McCain did al qaeda things and I have some bull **** evidence to show you! Checkmate!"

You began this by saying McCain and Obama didn't arm AQ. Which speaks to your ignorance of what the FSA is and what's happening on the ground in Syria. And by avoiding this subject, it allows you to cling to your incorrect and ignorant belief that it was completely normal and fine for Syd to meet with AQ affiliates in Syria while wearing their pin on his lapel, to work out a deal to get them more arms and funding... 

... which they used against Americans and civilians alike. 

But you don't want to talk about that. Because it makes your defense of the man look really silly. Which it is. This is a man who wanted to make it easier for Haj to kill you and your buddies - yet you laud him for that. 

Conditioning is a hell of a thing.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

You are so far out of your depth here that it's not even funny.

It's on you to explain how the process of achieving the forced collectivization of the bread basket of Europe was not economic policy.

Stop trying to use big words to make yourself look learned /smart. 

And you're such a lackey for Tom that it's kinda gross. And gay. 

Just now, donbb said:

It's pretty pathetic how the losers on this forum denigrate US Veterans such as yourself and @Tiberius.

Tiberius is a vet? No way. 

You began this by saying McCain and Obama didn't arm AQ. Which speaks to your ignorance of what the FSA is and what's happening on the ground in Syria.

YOU IDIOT! I probably armed terrorists. Did I arm terrorists so they'd come kill me? No. I did it because we'd confiscate weapons and redistribute to the Iraqi Army, and police, ohhh I'm sorry, I meant IA and IP (you're in the know, I forgot) and some of those weapons went unaccounted for and many of them ended up in the hands of the insurgents. 

War isn't a linear thing. Mistakes happen. And when you use proxies it will always happen. That doesn't mean that I tried to have my own platoon killed. Goddamn. 

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Stop trying to use big words to make yourself look learned /smart. 

And you're such a lackey for Tom that it's kinda gross. And gay. 

Check out this guy over here, attempting to assert understanding Stalin's economic policies, but getting stuck on the term "collectivization".

You're adorable.

And you never served.

Classic case of stolen valor.

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

YOU IDIOT! I probably armed terrorists. Did I arm terrorists so they'd come kill me? No. I did it because we'd confiscate weapons and redistribute to the Iraqi Army, and police, ohhh I'm sorry, I meant IA and IP (you're in the know, I forgot) and some of those weapons went unaccounted for and many of them ended up in the hands of the insurgents. 

War isn't a linear thing. Mistakes happen. And when you use proxies it will always happen. That doesn't mean that I tried to have my own platoon killed. Goddamn. 

False equivalency meant to avoid the subject:

McCain didn't accidentally meet with AQ. He went there wearing the FSA pin on his lapel. 44 and McCain knew where the arms were going, this is proven and in the official record - they knew they couldn't vet the rebels, they knew AQ had command in theater... and they armed them anyway. Trained them anyway. AQ, not just FSA, AQ. This was the plan, and McCain was in country to support it. 

False equivalency meant to avoid the subject:

McCain didn't accidentally meet with AQ. He went there wearing the FSA pin on his lapel. 44 and McCain knew where the arms were going, this is proven and in the official record - they knew they couldn't vet the rebels, they knew AQ had command in theater... and they armed them anyway. Trained them anyway. AQ, not just FSA, AQ. This was the plan, and McCain was in country to support it. 

Dude, I just cannot entertain your bull **** anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, The_Dude said:

Dude, I just cannot entertain your bull **** anymore. 

Because you're getting your ass handed to you. Run along. Keep those ears plugged and eyes closed. Damn all the evidence that points out you're wrong, and just hope it all goes away so you can cling to your preformed opinions. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll add this. Every educated person I know constantly tells everyone else how educated they are. It's pretty much an informal greeting. If you're not repping your education level on the regular, you're just a Google using poser.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because you're getting your ass handed to you. Run along. Keep those ears plugged and eyes closed. Damn all the evidence that points out you're wrong, and just hope it all goes away so you can cling to your preformed opinions. 

You shouldn't be allowed to vote. 

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Take it easy on Gleeful Gator guys. Here's a picture of him in uniform:

gator2.jpg

I was in when that happened! I actually use to impress people by doing impersonations of Dukakis! Ah, the good old days. I voted for Bush that time 

Just now, Tiberius said:

LOL!! See, I was protecting your freedom...sort of! 

My first duty station was Ft. Polk. I don't know why but there were AF guys there. I hated them. Why? Money. We lived in these AWFUL barracks. Like probably made during Nam and never upgraded. I believe they're gone now -- in fact I think they are. Anyways, the AF guys lived in better barracks, but the AF gave them an additional allowance for 'substandard living' because they lived in better barracks that we did. I'd come to find out that'd be par for the course during my tenure. 

13 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

My first duty station was Ft. Polk. I don't know why but there were AF guys there. I hated them. Why? Money. We lived in these AWFUL barracks. Like probably made during Nam and never upgraded. I believe they're gone now -- in fact I think they are. Anyways, the AF guys lived in better barracks, but the AF gave them an additional allowance for 'substandard living' because they lived in better barracks that we did. I'd come to find out that'd be par for the course during my tenure. 

Yes, and our chow halls were amazing! The other services loved coming over and eating on our base. I weighed 149 pounds in June of 1985 and 6 foot tall and left thirty pounds heavier in '89. I'd eat two breakfasts, early lunch, go to  eat in evening, hit gym and eat again! I probably eat about 1/4 as much now as I did then. 

I was at Langley most of the time. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Yes, and our chow halls were amazing! The other services loved coming over and eating on our base. I weighed 149 pounds in June of 1985 and 6 foot tall and left thirty pounds heavier in '89. I'd eat two breakfasts, early lunch, go to  eat in evening, hit gym and eat again! I probably eat about 1/4 as much now as I did then. 

I was at Langley most of the time. 

149? Holy smokes! at 6'! Jesus. I'm 5'7" and I looked like a holocaust victim in Iraq when I caught dysentery and I got down to 129. It was bad. I mean I was sick-skinny and wasn't much lighter than you! Wow. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Now answer the questions.

He can't answer the questions.

His entire claim, namely that "willful genocide isn't economics", is a special pleading fallacy.

It's an indefensible point, which is why Captain Stolen Valor has wrapped himself in the flag, and fled.

I think it's wrong to call The_Dude less than honorable while referring to his military service. Unless he left the service with something less than an honorable discharge he deserves our respect for that service. On the other hand, the guy who he is a wingman for (Gleeful Gator) most likely left the service with a discharge too, a discharge that he is still taking medicine for.

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think it's wrong to call The_Dude less than honorable while referring to his military service. Unless he left the service with something less than an honorable discharge he deserves our respect for that service. On the other hand, the guy who he is a wingman for (Gleeful Gator) most likely left the service with a discharge too, a discharge that he is still taking medicine for.

I don't believe he served, but rather is a classic case of stolen valor.

The men and women I know who have served have never once wrapped intellectual cowardice in the flag in order to deflect criticisms of their poorly thought out positions.

Many of us have argued deeply and dearly held positions here:  you and I for example.  Many of PPPs denizens have served:  you for example.  Those exchanges have been heated at times.

But never once have you refused to defend and intellectual position, whether you were right or wrong, by wrapping yourself in the flag and making aspersions about the character of others based on yours, or others decision to serve.

That is the mark of a coward, not the mark of a soldier; and The_Dude, henceforth known as Captain Stolen Valor (I grant him the rank of Captain in the fake military), is a coward.

55 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Now answer the questions.

Ok, argument aside -- I HATE THAT MOVIE. There were no kilts then. William Wallace didn't wear a kilt. Edward I wasn't a bad dude, I think he ruled well, and Robert the Bruce waaaay more important than William Wallace. I loved that movie till I found all that out.

If you're interested Netflix has an upcoming series on Robert the Bruce coming out and it looks amazing. Hopefully it's as well done as The Last Kingdom. 

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don't believe he served, but rather is a classic case of stolen valor.

The men and women I know who have served have never once wrapped intellectual cowardice in the flag in order to deflect criticisms of their poorly thought out positions.

Many of us have argued deeply and dearly held positions here:  you and I for example.  Many of PPPs denizens have served:  you for example.  Those exchanges have been heated at times.

But never once have you refused to defend and intellectual position, whether you were right or wrong, by wrapping yourself in the flag and making aspersions about the character of others based on yours, or others decision to serve.

That is the mark of a coward, not the mark of a soldier; and The_Dude, henceforth known as Captain Stolen Valor (I grant him the rank of Captain in the fake military), is a coward.

Not getting into the debate on whether he is stolen valor or not, but the bolded there reminded me of a george carlin skit where he in on the airplane and they refer to the pilot as a captain.

"the captain has asked....."  More **** from the bogus captain (george says on an aside), so the bolded made me laugh : ) 

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don't believe he served.

Many of us have argued deeply and dearly held positions here, you and I for example.  Many of PPPs denizens have served, you for example.  Those exchanges have been heated at times.

That is the mark of a coward, not the mark of a soldier; and The_Dude is a coward.

My guess is that he served. I can respect that. What I don't respect is his disdain for those that haven't served. It is pretty obvious to me that he misses the service immensely and would like nothing better than to return to his Eugene Tackleberry persona. Killing is a terrible thing to do. In war it can be euphoric in the moment realizing that you've managed to live another day. In subsequent reflection the person having done the killing normally and naturally might feel remorse and/or sadness and a regret that it may have been necessary. The_Dude seems to revel in the killing, years after he was involved. He's got issues that we aren't going to resolve for him, and those issues aren't ones that he seems to want to solve himself.