John McCain Discontinuing Medical Treatment

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No. I'm saying 44's policy in Syria was arming rebels, including AQ and ISIS. Syd was on that team. Exposing that, exposes the illegal gun running operation into Syria, through Libya, that Obama was running. 

Ok, it’s my opinion to NEVER involve yourself in a proxy war. Proxies cannot be controlled and it should never happen. 

As for Iran, Iran is Haj, I hate Haj. Yes, the really cool IEDs came from Iran. It is well known. And yes, I’d like a war with Iran. 

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Fixed it for you.

That was VERY creative. You took what I wrote and changed it. Very clever. That’s a very clever thing to do. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Hahaha, I’m actually in favor of a great deal of Trump’s policies. I’m a “republican.” I am not however without morales or convictions. 

I despise Trump because he’s a national embarrassment. Ya know what the establishment does well? They don’t embarrass us. 

Like, I miss, W. W would embarrass us because he sucked at speaking. “Is our children learning?” I rest my case. Now we have a petulant child that tries to tweet policy. Trump is an embarrassment on the national stage, and I hate him. I also despise a draft dodger becoming commander in chief. Oh my god, how is being a coward and draft dodger not a disqualification for that office he holds? I also differ from Trump on national policy. If I were POTUS my European agenda would be containment of Russian influence. Trump threw that right out the window didn’t he? Also, he’d like to remind you not to pay attention to ‘Russia stuff’ in the news because the news is very, very bad. Trumps attacks on the press are beneath the dignity of the office. 

Trump is the very definition of a demagogue. Demagogues are bad. 

So Trump Embarasses us as a country? Okay, but you did say something along the lines of no matter what we do Haj hates us and will always hate us? Yeah it’s not just Haj, heck you can go to billzone and on the politics section the Canadians hate Americans. People not liking Americans didn’t start with Trump, and I don’t see why Americans should suffer for popularity points for other countries. 

Draft Dodging. 

I am against a draft, it’s unamerican, would you have wanted to fight next to someone who was forced to fight next to you and not of their own free will? So you call it cowardice, does that mean those who didn’t serve in military during Iraq and Afghanstan are cowards?

Perhaps it’s a big deal to you but to me somebody who doesn’t want to fight in war shouldn’t have to, that’s what makes our military truly great each soldier chooses to serve and sacrifice on their own conscience. 

The Russia Probe hasn’t proved any Russian collusion as of yet, but every single day I read Trump is trouble, and yet ......nada on collusion.

Attack on the press? Criticism is more like it, just like Obama critized FOX, really this is nothing new, at least the press in on top of a president actions, and hey he helps sell stories and ad space. 

I dont care if the President is crass, offensive, and a jerk, most people are crass,  offensive, and a jerk all I care about is results.

5 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

So you call it cowardice, does that mean those who didn’t serve in military during Iraq and Afghanstan are cowards?

They may not be cowards necessarily. They could also be selfish. Yes, if they were born between 1980-1990, and they were able bodied, they should have served. 

Plus, you can easily be a coward in the military and have everything be alright. POGs serve a great purpose while hiding behind real soldiers at the same time. 

Sure. M’hm. Yup. Plus, you should count yourself lucky to have the wars we did. The wars weren’t overly hard and our deathtoll was low. I couldn’t have been dealt a more favorable war. I was glad to be a part of it. Can’t believe how many pussies out there missed the fun. And I’m including most POGs. Poor POGs. If you were a reflective belt to “combat” you in fact did not go to combat. Fact. 

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Ok, it’s my opinion to NEVER involve yourself in a proxy war. Proxies cannot be controlled and it should never happen. 

As for Iran, Iran is Haj, I hate Haj. Yes, the really cool IEDs came from Iran. It is well known. And yes, I’d like a war with Iran. 

I'm really not trying to be a dick. I respect your service even if we will forever disagree on issues. I'm not looking to convince you, I'm trying to get you to open your eyes just a bit more and see for yourself. The reason I've been pushing back so hard is because your experience between the reality of what actually happened in Iraq, compared to the curated reality created for the civilians back home, should make it easier to see the spin machine I'm talking about actually exists.

What I bolded above is well known... to those who served or took enough interest in the issue to look beyond the headlines. Iran's role in killing Americans in Iraq was deliberately overlooked (I'd say suppressed but semantics) by the bulk of the mainstream media because it would embarrass 44 who had been actively working the press to aid Iran (see Stuxnet, and Ben Rhodes' creation of an echo chamber for examples). The press liked 44. Thus there was no incentive to look deeper - especially when the administration was asking them to treat Iran with kid gloves to smooth over the nuclear deal. 

If you can understand the spin machine is real, and powerful/effective, then it should make you reassess your position of taking the media's word for it on faith alone. 

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm really not trying to be a dick. I respect your service even if we will forever disagree on issues. I'm not looking to convince you, I'm trying to get you to open your eyes just a bit more and see for yourself. The reason I've been pushing back so hard is because your experience between the reality of what actually happened in Iraq, compared to the curated reality created for the civilians back home, should make it easier to see the spin machine I'm talking about actually exists.

What I bolded above is well known... to those who served or took enough interest in the issue to look beyond the headlines. Iran's role in killing Americans in Iraq was deliberately overlooked (I'd say suppressed but semantics) by the bulk of the mainstream media because it would embarrass 44 who had been actively working the press to aid Iran (see Stuxnet, and Ben Rhodes' creation of an echo chamber for examples). The press liked 44. Thus there was no incentive to look deeper - especially when the administration was asking them to treat Iran with kid gloves to smooth over the nuclear deal. 

If you can understand the spin machine is real, and powerful/effective, then it should make you reassess your position of taking the media's word for it on faith alone. 

How most people who I served with took it — they expected it. They knew we were fighting Iranian proxies, and they accepted it and we fought back against it as best we could. 

But nobody i knew thought McCain was behind the IEDs. 

Edited by The_Dude

17 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

They may not be cowards necessarily. They could also be selfish. Yes, if they were born between 1980-1990, and they were able bodied, they should have served. 

Plus, you can easily be a coward in the military and have everything be alright. POGs serve a great purpose while hiding behind real soldiers at the same time. 

Sure. M’hm. Yup. Plus, you should count yourself lucky to have the wars we did. The wars weren’t overly hard and our deathtoll was low. I couldn’t have been dealt a more favorable war. I was glad to be a part of it. Can’t believe how many pussies out there missed the fun. And I’m including most POGs. Poor POGs. If you were a reflective belt to “combat” you in fact did not go to combat. Fact. 

Are you calling me a POG?

44 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Are you calling me a POG?

No. I take nothing from your name. Sure there’s “comm” as in commo but there’s also 11 which therefor could indicate you’re claiming to be an 11 series and therefor not a pog. 

Further, if you were commo then you have huge potential. But, I will say that on occasion a commo guy rises above. My first deployment, our commo guy had as many kills as any other man. He was our C.O.s driver....or maybe just his RTO. Anyways, my man straight delivered. He had an old school M16, and he worked it. He....was no POG. Commo guys on line troops are typically no POGs. However, some commo guys most definitely are. But commo’s important. So important every SF team has a commo guy. So, if you were in a signal battalion and never left the FOB, yes that’s a POG for sure. But, if you were a commo guy on a line unit then no. It’s a complex issue. I’m pretty Roosevet about it. Egalitarian and all to all the bro’s who were on the line???

In fact, all bro’s on the line get love from me. Our supply guys may have been skidish bitches but they made supply runs for us. Our mechanics manned up when we needed additional security during riots. I got love for all the line people. 

POG’s on POG bases who never left the wire — POGs! 

Edited by The_Dude

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

No. I take nothing from your name. Sure there’s “comm” as in commo but there’s also 11 which therefor could indicate you’re claiming to be an 11 series and therefor not a pog. 

Further, if you were commo then you have huge potential. But, I will say that on occasion a commo guy rises above. My first deployment, our commo guy had as many kills as any other man. He was our C.O.s driver....or maybe just his RTO. Anyways, my man straight delivered. He had an old school M16, and he worked it. He....was no POG. Commo guys on line troops are typically no POGs. However, some commo guys most definitely are. But commo’s important. So important every SF team has a commo guy. So, if you were in a signal battalion and never left the FOB, yes that’s a POG for sure. But, if you were a commo guy on a line unit then no. It’s a complex issue. I’m pretty Roosevet about it. Egalitarian and all to all the bro’s who were on the line???

I was a commo sgt.  for a line company in the infantry, that’s why I nearly took offense, and I appreciate your respect for the line commo, we may get a CAB but it’s for the same reason you got your CIB

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

I was a commo sgt.  for a line company in the infantry, that’s why I nearly took offense, and I appreciate your respect for the line commo, we may get a CAB but it’s for the same reason you got your CIB

I was a 19D, I don’t get no CIB neither. But I do gots me an EIB but I can’t wear it. But I’m out now. 

Funny story, I picked 19D over 11B at MEPS because I asked if “19 Delta was “Delta Force”” and the man gave me the old up-down nod. I thought I joined Delta Force. Went home and told mom allllll about it?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Funny story, I picked 19D over 11B at MEPS because I asked if “19 Delta was “Delta Force”” and the man gave me the old up-down nod. I thought I joined Delta Force. Went home and told mom allllll about it?

And your Mom was so proud of you until Chuck Norris informed her otherwise:

giphy.gif&f=1

Edited by /dev/null
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

:lol: Holy ****, you are !@#$ing stupid.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

:lol: Holy ****, you are !@#$ing stupid.

...or, and wait for it — I was 17 and only knew of three jobs in the army; infantry, mechanic, and cook. Because, ya know, I was 17....and all I knew is what I learned from Wayne, Eastwood, Stallone, Seagal and Noris. I knew how to serve fast food, lifeguard, wait tables, and work at the movies....because I was 17. Maybe it was just that I was young and inexperienced. Wild suggestion. 

30 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

And your Mom was so proud of you until Chuck Norris informed her otherwise:

giphy.gif&f=1

Actually I made that bit up. I got Mom to sign the ‘he can sign papers’ but I lived by my rules at 17, and so I lived under my roof! My roof was a ‘88, 2-door Grand Am if anybody is curious. The year is 2002. Yeah, I’ve been a self-made man for a while. Had a lot of bitches in that Grand Am listenin to some Limp Bizkit and Blink-182, and Eminem that still said “faggot” ?

Edited by The_Dude

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Actually I made that bit up. I got Mom to sign the ‘he can sign papers’ but I lived by my rules at 17, and so I lived under my roof! My roof was a ‘88, 2-door Grand Am if anybody is curious. The year is 2002. Yeah, I’ve been a self-made man for a while. Had a lot of bitches in that Grand Am listenin to some Limp Bizkit and Blink-182, and Eminem that still said “faggot” ?

So you had terrible taste in music in your Grand Am...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Koko78 said:

So you had terrible taste in music in your Grand Am...

Well, I’ll always be a Blink fan, except I don’t recognize their current unholy configuration. There is a man singing with them that is NOT Tom. He ain’t Tom, and I ain’t recognizing that setup as Blink. 

As for Limp Bizkit — yeah, I got no defense there. 

Im still a fan of early Eminem. Before he transitioned into a lesbian. 

However The_Dude’s taste in music is exceptional. I’m huge into 70’s rock; the Stones, Floyd, Zepplin, and stuff. I love 80’s Metallica. But for me, ain’t nothin better than Guns ‘N Roses Use Your Illusions albums. Written by Jesus himself.