Ravens 1st round pick TE Hayden Hurst out for Bills game

YoloinOhio

There are still 11 men on the field from each team at any one time.  Every player is at least pretty good or they wouldn't be in the NFL.  The game is in Baltimore and it's the first of the year so the Ravens and their fans will be fired up.

If the Bills don't fix their O-line, it won't matter a bit who the Baltimore TE is.

Edited by Utah John
typos

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate injuries.  When you play sports, you want to beat someone at their best.  This guy looks to be a player too and that’s an injury that can linger.

I disagree 100%.  I want to win at all costs.  Whether it be against someone’s backups or at their best.  NO ONE remembers who was hurt.  Only the wins and the losses.  If we can get into the playoffs because we played vs injury riddled team teams all year so be it.  Anything can happen once you’re in the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I disagree 100%.  I want to win at all costs.  Whether it be against someone’s backups or at their best.  NO ONE remembers who was hurt.  Only the wins and the losses.  If we can get into the playoffs because we played vs injury riddled team teams all year so be it.  Anything can happen once you’re in the playoffs 

Isn't that how the Hurricanes won the Cup that one year?  All of their opponents suffered key injuries just before or while playing them.  That part isn't remembered, just the names on the Cup.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Isn't that how the Hurricanes won the Cup that one year?  All of their opponents suffered key injuries just before or while playing them.  That part isn't remembered, just the names on the Cup.

Exactamente.

There are no asterisks, if there were, the Patriots wouldn't have a single legitimate super bowl win.

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Every year teams have games where they have advantages and disadvantages concerning injuries.  I’ll take as many advantages as possible every year.  If we could play every team with their backup QB, I’d take it and be happy about it.  This whole “I want to play every team at their best” crap is just that.  Crap.  Makes ZERO sense

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

25 year old rookie?  That's crazy that he's got the same amount of NFL experience as Tremaine Edmunds....but Tremaine is 5 years younger.

He played professional baseball.  I'm thinking he was a pitcher.  If memory serves, he had control issues and made the decision to change sports because he thought he

had a better chance for success in football.  

• Like (+1) 1

Driving through Baltimore yesterday, the radio show hosts down there are really concerned about this. Never know which version of Flacco will emerge this season. The birds overlooked this guy's age when drafting him because they see a big, pass-catching tight end at their top priority for their offense. Now they are back to zero. They are left with just Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle, who not threats in the passing game.

As someone that's had two stress fractures (both legs at the same time), I can tell you it's tough to recover from. Takes longer than a month to fully heal, and even just walking around too much can make recovery take longer. I feel for any athlete that has to go through that. 

On 8/24/2018 at 9:26 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

25 year old rookie?  That's crazy that he's got the same amount of NFL experience as Tremaine Edmunds....but Tremaine is 5 years younger.

That's what happens when you party too much in college ?