Vintage Buffalo Concert Posters

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the cancelled one was supposed to be at The Aud.

Robert Plant's son died. 

It's amazing the trivial BS you can remember 40 years ago but not what you had for lunch 10 minutes ago.  

Edited by Chef Jim

18 minutes ago, bbb said:

Now this makes sense.  I don't remember it because they played the Aud.  I was reading it like they played the stadium the day before the Stones......................For those into both groups, what a weekend that was! 

fair enough, the comments in the GD thread note The Kinks played the Aud September 24, 1981, a good trio of concerts in a week!

Edited by row_33

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

fair enough, the comments in the GD thread note The Kinks played the Aud September 24, 1981, a good trio of concerts in a week!

Interesting.  I saw The Kinks in the Fall of 1980 at the Aud.  And, they were back 11 months later then.  I'm surprised I didn't go because that show in 1980 was awesome! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, bbb said:

Interesting.  I saw The Kinks in the Fall of 1980 at the Aud.  And, they were back 11 months later then.  I'm surprised I didn't go because that show in 1980 was awesome! 

i was a few years under the age of majority in 1981, my trips across the border started in 1983, never saw the GD indoors in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

9/26/81

Stones played Rich the next day after the Dead concert

I was at both, greatest lost weekend ever!

I’m pretty sure that poster though is from 1973,  since it references the Allmans / Dead / Band Watkins Glen show.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/grateful-dead/1973/buffalo-memorial-auditorium-buffalo-ny-7bd60a90.html

Pictures from the 1973 show, wow:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grantdabassman/sets/72157603245530511/

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Rico said:

I was at both, greatest lost weekend ever!

I’m pretty sure that poster though is from 1973,  since it references the Allmans / Dead / Band Watkins Glen show.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/grateful-dead/1973/buffalo-memorial-auditorium-buffalo-ny-7bd60a90.html

Pictures from the 1973 show, wow:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grantdabassman/sets/72157603245530511/

You are correct!  My apologies for the wrong year....

I was at a Kinks show at the Aud in the early 80's, doubt it was that one as I was a mere Frosh at Fred St. in September 81....

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

You are correct!  My apologies for the wrong year....

No need to apologize, I thought the same thing at first. That poster just didn’t look like 1981 to me, and then there was Watkins Glen, so I did a little digging.

29 minutes ago, Rico said:

No need to apologize, I thought the same thing at first. That poster just didn’t look like 1981 to me, and then there was Watkins Glen, so I did a little digging.

I could blow up the poster easier later on the iPhone than the huge office screen, and it said Watkins Glen

9 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I just realized the Chuck Berry/Buddy Holly/Chubby Checker one has to be fake. Buddy Holly died in 1959, and the poster is dated 61.

Yep, that one, the Zeppelin one and the Stones one in that style are bogus for sure... you can find those at flea markets.

Edited by T&C