Election 2020: Shpuld Trump Be Primaried

17 minutes ago, westside said:

You most definitely do not encompass anything great. In fact I would say you are what's wrong with this country. 

You're a big fake and so dishonest. You're a wart on the ass of society. 

Just for opposing Trump? 

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Well, the failure of the Articles of Confederation led directly to the constitution. The idea was then to still have a small army. But WWI permanently destroyed our ability to have that. Our founders recognized a need for a strong federal government. So we need that. But I think we can have a federal government that is large and not so invasive.  

The reason the Articles failed was solely because it left the Founders, and the landed gentry who supported them, personally on the hook for the debt the Revolution incurred when the states refused to pay for it (the war served to further enrich them personally, as they had funded the war through the purchase of bonds which could only be guaranteed if the states agreed to pay them).  It had nothing to do with a "need" for a strong federal government in order to protect the interests of the People.  It was that, in the wake of the Articles, they recognized that a strong federal government was the only way to protect the personal economic interests of the societal elite at the expense of the People.

I highly recommend reading An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution of the United States by Charles Beard.

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

Known him since the days of "contract with America" and Newt. He's a conservative to anyone whose not an alt-right fanatic.

You know, there's a lot of space in between "conservative" and "alt-right fanatic". Don't label people you don't know. 

8 minutes ago, Radar said:

Known him since the days of "contract with America" and Newt. He's a conservative to anyone whose not an alt-right fanatic.

He's far from holding to conservative principles. 

In fact, the only group framed as being "on the right" who is less conservative than Kasich and his ilk are the alt-right.

Kasich is a big activist government centrist who leans left almost as frequently as he leans right.  His current policy positions are core Democratic circa 1990.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I hope so. It would be nice to have a fiscal conservative throw his hat in the ring. 

I think it really depends on where the economy is in the run up to the election.

In conditions like we have now, a true fiscal conservatives issues would fall on deaf ears because of how strong the economy is; and how strong the appeal of nationalism is in the heartland.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

I think it really depends on where the economy is in the run up to the election.

In conditions like we have now, a true fiscal conservatives issues would fall on deaf ears because of how strong the economy is; and how strong the appeal of nationalism is in the heartland.

I am one that believes our debt is the greatest threat to our country right now.

11 minutes ago, snafu said:

You know, there's a lot of space in between "conservative" and "alt-right fanatic". Don't label people you don't know. 

You labeled him "not conservative". I'm labeling him conservative. Apparently not conservative in today's GOP but by early 1990 standards was.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I am one that believes our debt is the greatest threat to our country right now.

While debt is a great threat the makeup of the Supreme Court was the biggest issue in the 2016 election. As it appears to be playing out, we as a country escaped a real dagger to the heart with Trump's election.

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

That and our President.

Ypu shpuld make ypur case fpr that cpmment.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

While debt is a great threat the makeup of the Supreme Court was the biggest issue in the 2016 election. As it appears to be playing out, we as a country escaped a real dagger to the heart with Trump's election.

Ypu shpuld make ypur case fpr that cpmment.

Please print in English. Couldn't interpret.

41 minutes ago, Radar said:

You labeled him "not conservative". I'm labeling him conservative. Apparently not conservative in today's GOP but by early 1990 standards was.

Problem is, this isn't the early 1990s. People are awake to the fact that "conservatives" of that era were anything but. They were at best center-right.

33 minutes ago, westside said:

No, for being a liar. I detest liars. 

Trump lied about the Trump Towers meeting. He put out a statement that the meeting was about Russian adoptions, which was a lie. 

Trump lied about knowing about the hush money payments, he told the press to ask Michael Cohen and it, which is damn funny. 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump lied about the Trump Towers meeting. He put out a statement that the meeting was about Russian adoptions, which was a lie. 

Trump lied about knowing about the hush money payments, he told the press to ask Michael Cohen and it, which is damn funny. 

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

• Like (+1) 1