Anyone remember November 29. 1998?

njbuff

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's pretty much where I am.  I certainly don't cheer for them, but I don't get upset when they have positive results.

I look at the 16 games on a given weekend and think I'd have to be paid $1,000 to even sit through any of 13 that generate zero interest at all....

i would enjoy a rivalry, very very much with the Pats....

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, timekills17 said:

Oh yeah? Next you're going to tell me it was pepperoni because the sausage ones were on sale, but they were sold out. That was after you bought a bunch of bananas that you noticed were just on the cusp of ripeness, but figured if you didn't get to them all in the next couple of days it was okay, because on 2 DEC 1998 at 11:37 you were baking banana bread.

Yep.  You didn't have a camera in my old apt. did you, because I can't figure out how else you would have known about the banana bread at 11:37.  I'm glad I moved out of there.  I hope for your sake some hot young lady moved in and made watching the old apt a lot more appealing than watching me bake banana bread.  

On 8/13/2018 at 5:04 PM, mannc said:

Ah yes, the infamous Testaverde QB sneak TD on the last play of regulation.  The refs seemingly called it a TD because the football logo on Testaverde's helmet crossed the goal line, but the actual football didn't get within two feet of it.  That was a disgrace.

I can not remember the specifics but I thought at the time that those two games would cost us division.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

I remember every minute of that day.  I woke up at 10:17 AM that morning, ate a bagel with orange juice for breakfast, then went into the bathroom &  showered, then got dressed & put on a Bills sweatshirt.  For lunch I ate a personal pizza with a 20 oz. bottle of Coke.  I turned on the TV and watched the Jets dominate Carolina and at 4 I  switched to the Bills game at NE.  I remember every play & every commercial.  I especially liked a local commercial for a car dealer where the owner dressed up like a chicken and I yelled at the screen "You look just like Pete Carroll" as I mocked the then-Patriots head coach.  Then came the hail mary and I was cursing at the TV.  I then ate dinner & watched TV before going to sleep at 11:37 PM.   

Wow!

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

Wow!

I wish I could remember that day so well.  I looked up that day & saw it was a 4:05 game, so I checked out the Jets boxscore to make it look real.  The Jets really did dominate Carolina that day.  With the exceptions of the times & the commercial, most of that probably happened since I usually do eat a frozen personal pizza before watching the 1:00 game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This game is probably the most mad I ever got watching a Bills game till this day.

It cost the Bills a home game against Miami in the playoffs where there would be no doubt the 98 Bills would have moved on to Denver. Even though the Bills still should have won that game down in Miami too.

Game was stolen from us.  I've never been more ticked off at the refs after any other game.

For every Bills fan that complains about Instant Replay slowing the game down I refer to this game.  We win the game if Instant Replay was a part of the game at that time.

13 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Yep.  You didn't have a camera in my old apt. did you, because I can't figure out how else you would have known about the banana bread at 11:37.  I'm glad I moved out of there.  I hope for your sake some hot young lady moved in and made watching the old apt a lot more appealing than watching me bake banana bread.  

Unfortunately it was ex-C.I.A. director John Brennan. He wasn't nearly as interesting to watch, surprisingly. Adds walnuts to his banana bread and chocolate chip cookies too. Yuck.

Or, umm, that's what I heard.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

The worst part is that,  after Wade publicly called out the refs, they let him know who's boss again with a vengeance in the playoff game against the dolphins.  

the refs made Flutie choke the ball away at the end?

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Game was stolen from us.  I've never been more ticked off at the refs after any other game.

For every Bills fan that complains about Instant Replay slowing the game down I refer to this game.  We win the game if Instant Replay was a part of the game at that time.

no, they just call whatever they want to no matter what was shown 2 dozen times on the screen

YOU KNOW THAT BY NOW, RIGHT!!!!

you can't assume they'd overturn that sideline reception, not for a second.