Who helped/hurt themselves against the Panthers?

Sky Diver

13 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

He is fast. He caught a ball out of bounds. He got ample opportunities because between him and Coleman they are desperately trying to find a deep threat. 

He made multiple mistakes and displayed a lack of effort. He needs a much better performance on Friday or he is toast. 

Running past a third string DB who is playing off coverage doesn’t tell us anything. Can he get off the LOS, can he track the ball, can he catch, is he scared of laying out for the ball? Needs to show a lot.

So you expected him to catch the first pass in bounds? Seriously?

He caught a 60 yards bomb and he can't track the ball? Wow.

I get the anti-Alabama bias, but let's don't get crazy.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

So you expected him to catch the first pass in bounds? Seriously?

He caught a 60 yards bomb and he can't track the ball? Wow.

I get the anti-Alabama bias, but let's don't get crazy.

Really? Who said he could have caught it in bounds? Not me.

When the ball was actually in play he failed, multiple times. On a clearly errant pass he ran under it, that doesn’t give me any confidence he can do it when it matters. 

Running past a scrub corner playing off coverage means nothing, I don’t care if it’s 20 yards. That won’t happen when it matters. 

Right from his scouting report “football instincts are lacking” “falters in his track on deep throws” Until he shakes that rep it’s Coleman’s job to lose.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

When the ball was actually in play he failed, multiple times. On a clearly errant pass he ran under it, that doesn’t give me any confidence he can do it when it matters. 

Running past a scrub corner playing off coverage means nothing, I don’t care if it’s 20 yards. That won’t happen when it matters. 

Right from his scouting report “football instincts are lacking” “falters in his track on deep throws” Until he shakes that rep it’s Coleman’s job to lose.

This was clearly just a thread under a guise so a

Bama fan could talk up a future Bama Cut player 

37 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

He is fast. He caught a ball out of bounds. He got ample opportunities because between him and Coleman they are desperately trying to find a deep threat. 

He made multiple mistakes and displayed a lack of effort. He needs a much better performance on Friday or he is toast. 

Running past a third string DB who is playing off coverage doesn’t tell us anything. Can he get off the LOS, can he track the ball, can he catch, is he scared of laying out for the ball? Needs to show a lot.

The guy Foster smoked on the first bomb is a 4 yr vet.

https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/ladarius-gunter/career

The second guy Foster smoked was Kevin Seymour, a 3rd yr vet. He ran a 4.39 40 at the combine.

https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/kevon-seymour/

Edited by Sky Diver

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The guy Foster smoked on the first bomb is a 4 yr vet.

https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/ladarius-gunter/career

Stats last year Os across the board. Foster ran past a CB that runs a 4.7 40 yard dash, I’m done. You not only bleed crimson, you walk around with a little Saban in your pants. 

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Stats last year Os across the board. Foster ran past a CB that runs a 4.7 40 yard dash, I’m done. You not only bleed crimson, you walk around with a little Saban in your pants. 

He played 16 games for Green bay in 2016.

Your Alabama hate is clouding your judgement.

13 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Corners were two NFL vets. He tracked both bombs perfectly. He caught one and one was just outside his grasp.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

He played 16 games for Green bay in 2016.

Your Alabama hate is clouding your judgement.

I dont have Bama Hate. So What would be clouding mine again?? 

Numerous times gave up on routes, has been sliding down and down all camp. 

Since he put pads on he essentially has a hard time getting off the line. Has hands problems. Has been passed by other WRs clearly with them getting higher reps. 

He doesnt make the PS at this point if they had to make the cuts right now. He has alot of work to do before he even gets to PS. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont have Bama Hate. So What would be clouding mine again?? 

Numerous times gave up on routes, has been sliding down and down all camp. 

Since he put pads on he essentially has a hard time getting off the line. Has hands problems. Has been passed by other WRs clearly with them getting higher reps. 

He doesnt make the PS at this point if they had to make the cuts right now. He has alot of work to do before he even gets to PS. 

He had the most snaps of all the WR's. Do your homework.

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He had the most snaps of all the WR's. Do your homework.

That Means NOTHING. 

he is the second to last rated WR on the Bills by my evaluation. So hence he has work to do to even make the PS. 

If anything they were giving him reps because he NEEDS more. 

Edited by MAJBobby

Peterman had a good game but I think people going nuts over it are silly. For one its the first pre-season game, although not as meaningless as the 4th it is one that carries less weight. I also caution that Peterman looked like a world beater in last years pre-season and we all know he wasn't ready. There are just some players that shine much better in pre-season than they do in the real games. I think that Peterman is one of those types of players. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That Means NOTHING. 

he is the second to last rated WR on the Bills by my evaluation. So hence he has work to do to even make the PS. 

If anything they were giving him reps because he NEEDS more. 

34 snaps.

Slightly different circumstances and he has two TDs.

I guess you think we don’t think we need a guy that can stretch the field?

Edited by Sky Diver

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

34 snaps.

Slightly different circumstances and he has two TDs.

I guess you think we don’t think we need a guy that can stretch the field?

Got one. Traded for him. 

So again his snap count means NOTHING except they wanted to get him Third Team Reps. He is the second to last rated WR on this team so yes needs to get better to even get a PS shot. 

And giving up on plays wont help him 

2 hours ago, BmarvB said:

Murphy and all 3 QB's helped themselves.  Depth players didn't do themselves any favors. Foster could have done more to help himself. He's looking at PS right now.

I don't get Foster.  If he at least dives after some of those balls he is almost in "helps" himself.  Lack of effort will get you cut, straight out.   Interested to see how he does Friday.  i'm expecting big things.  If not, he's gone.  

Also, someone put Vonte Davis on the hurt list.   He was bad, and then bad again in practice getting lit up by Zay.  

Here is an article I wrote following the game on players who helped or hurt their causes. https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/08/14ce9007005321/14-buffalo-bills-who-helped-or.html#incart_river_mobile_index After rewatching the game, I would have added Wyatt Teller despite his one penalty and UDFA Ike Boettger. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't get Foster.  If he at least dives after some of those balls he is almost in "helps" himself.  Lack of effort will get you cut, straight out.   Interested to see how he does Friday.  i'm expecting big things.  If not, he's gone.  

Also, someone put Vonte Davis on the hurt list.   He was bad, and then bad again in practice getting lit up by Zay.  

He caught one bomb and one was just out of his reach. I am not sure where the lack of effort comment is coming from.

He outraced two veteran cornerbacks. He's a legitimate deep threat that will have to be accounted for. We need to have at least one on the roster.

I am encouraged that he was able to get so far behind the defenders. Get the timing down and Allen to Foster could be deadly.

Edited by Sky Diver

In defense of Foster, he did show that he could break open for a large majority of the game.

The drop on the curl is 100% on him, as is him stopping the run on the offsides penalty. Allen pointed the finger at himself for throwing an out instead of a comeback on another play, and his first deep ball was off, too. Allen also locked into Proehl on the play that should have yielded a flag, but Foster looked to be wide open over the middle from the replay angles. 

I'm sure everything we're saying here in regards to concentration and effort will be stressed more than enough from Daboll and Robiskie. He has a huge opportunity to rebound from this all the way until the fourth game wraps up. I'd be shocked and pissed if we cut him anytime soon without the chance to redeem himself.