Caption this! KB vs Cam edition

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yes.  Cam passively aggressively sought the handshake as a PR stunt and a way to make everything about him since he has the emotional maturity and the perceptional intelligence of a 7 year old.

Pressuring someone to speak up with your hands behind your back in a no win situation is not alpha. It's B word. Benjamin's best move is to tell him, as I and many others would, to !@#$ off with his chidlike antics and I'd walk away.  An alpha never follows another for confrontation.  I learned this from my grandfather

If you have a situation you want resolved and the person disrespects you by showing their back you them around and get their attention. You don't put your hands behind your back in a microaggression while pushing yourself against the person to arouse a response. You strike first, you strike hard, you end it 

In this case Cam did not think things thru on a level of maturity. Nor did he have any ability to follow up his actions with a response that worked. Benjamin's response dinged Newton. Benjamin doesn't care.  There was no win in this strategy by Newton.

And, I don't know who Baker is unless you mean Baker Mayfield and I don't know the incident you speak of as I don't waste my time with such dross as the major sports networks or any real networks to be honest. So, accuse me of bias but it is much more accurate to accuse me of ignorance with regard to Baker because I don't know or care anything about it having not seen it.  I care little about this incident, actually, and only know it because I saw it here.  

No, clearly you don't know what you're talking about.  I loathe cam. This is not homer speak. And I'm just as quick on Bills players, too.

I wasn't Talking I was Typing!

As a Homer,I was speaking for myself.If you thought I was talking about you, you're probably over estimating yourself!

The only one looking bad in this is KB. Theres video with audio, Cam comes up to talk to KB about what he said and KB just looked to run away and didnt want to talk about it. If you are going to say things like he said about Cam, he needs to be able to back it up in person when confronted, not run away and hide making the comments on Twitter or just to the media.

KB could have talked and they could have buried things right there, or he could have at least told him they could go talk somewhere else or after Bout it instead of just trying to brush him off.

39 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m not on a soapbox, but you appear to be. Kid did the right thing & you’re throwing around words that you’re afraid to spell out.

He didnt do the right thing, the right thing would have been to talk it out with him and if things start to escalate to where there could be a physical confrontation to walk away. KB made the comments behind a screen and media about Cam, now he runs away when confronted? If you cant back up your words, you should be talking then.

O dont think the Bill's front office is going to be upset with him if they both stood there and talked. If things got heated and physical then yes the team would most likely be upset but Cam Cam over and tried to talk.

6 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

If that's b'd out in your world then I'm very happy that I'm not in it.

Honestly, same here. We wouldn't need a bunch of you. That's the biggest problem in the world today.

55 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The only one looking bad in this is KB. Theres video with audio, Cam comes up to talk to KB about what he said and KB just looked to run away and didnt want to talk about it. If you are going to say things like he said about Cam, he needs to be able to back it up in person when confronted, not run away and hide making the comments on Twitter or just to the media.

KB could have talked and they could have buried things right there, or he could have at least told him they could go talk somewhere else or after Bout it instead of just trying to brush him off.

He didnt do the right thing, the right thing would have been to talk it out with him and if things start to escalate to where there could be a physical confrontation to walk away. KB made the comments behind a screen and media about Cam, now he runs away when confronted? If you cant back up your words, you should be talking then.

O dont think the Bill's front office is going to be upset with him if they both stood there and talked. If things got heated and physical then yes the team would most likely be upset but Cam Cam over and tried to talk.

You don't do these things in the middle of a stage, though.  You meet up personally on your own time, not professionally on a public forum.

If this was done at a private event it would be different. But, this needed to have been done in a private setting with just the two of them.  That is how a real man would have handled it

43 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Honestly, same here. We wouldn't need a bunch of you. That's the biggest problem in the world today.

Hyperbolize much? One of the bigger problems in the world today is people being afraid to walk away rather than escalate a situation.  A person calling a guy who could most likely trounce his ass a B word is worth a laugh though.

48 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Yet, I'd take criple and his character over that of almost any man here.  I'll go so far to say that while I disagree with him on some things the world would be a lot better place if we had more like him. And I'd probably be a better person to have some of his qualities.

So, you do not know what you're talking about.

57 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Not out there & Newton didn't come sauntering over for a friendly chat. He was, in my opinion, antagonizing. Benjamin didn't let that happen.

18 hours ago, PIZ said:

Thanks for posting this!  Didn't realize video of the altercation existed.

I have to say, the play by play Schopp and Bulldog and Co. were giving on the air yesterday matches the video quite well. 

Definitely not a positive encounter or an example of the 2 guys kissing and making up.

LOL.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m not on a soapbox, but you appear to be. Kid did the right thing & you’re throwing around words that you’re afraid to spell out.

Beta response couched in PC "doing the right thing" rhetoric. The right thing would have been not to trash a former friend and teammate in the press. The right thing would have been to admit he spoke out of turn and apologize for venting his feeling publicly while telling Cam that's just how he feels. Instead, he refused accountability and walked away from a situation he initiated. 

14 hours ago, folz said:

To me it looks like Cam is coming up to kind of joke with KB about it (but yeah there is probably some tension behind it). KB doesn't see Cam coming as he's talking to Thomas. Cam playfully bumps KB a couple of times between himself and the other player. But because KB wasn't seeing Cam at first, just getting the bump, he takes it as an aggressive rather than a playful move. So when Cam holds out his hand to shake with KB, KB refuses. Then Cam gets  pissed, like oh this is real? You don't like me? And he starts to get in KB's face. KB backs up a bit to defuse and tries to walk away, feeling it is going to be a confrontation, and then Cam gets more upset. Don't know what was said, but it looks like it was kind of a misunderstanding, like KB was expecting Cam to be pissed and confront him and then thought that's what was happening when Cam's first move was to bump him.

I don't know about your world, but in my world if there's been some kind of a disagreement you need to iron out, you don't "playfully" get in a guy's space and bump him while he's talking to others then "playfully" shove into the convo.

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Beta response couched in PC "doing the right thing" rhetoric. The right thing would have been not to trash a former friend and teammate in the press. The right thing would have been to admit he spoke out of turn and apologize for venting his feeling publicly while telling Cam that's just how he feels. Instead, he refused accountability and walked away from a situation he initiated. 

The best thing would have been for them both to go at it on the field yesterday! 

Just looked them up; both 6'5" and only 2 pounds separating their listed weights.  Both around 245.

That's a heavyweight scrap.  Neither look like they know how to throw a punch though.  I would put my money on Newton; he is the naturally more powerfully built guy.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Of course he should never have done it in the first place. I didn't realize that needed to be said.

He may have initiated the situation but he did not initiate that encounter, Newton did. If you think his intentions were pure then there's not much to discus here.  Benjamin removing himself  was the right thing to do. If you feel that makes him look like a kitty then we'll just have to leave it at that.

10 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Of course he should never have done it in the first place. I didn't realize that needed to be said.

He may have initiated the situation but he did not initiate that encounter, Newton did. If you think his intentions were pure then there's not much to discus here.  Benjamin removing himself  was the right thing to do. If you feel that makes him look like a kitty then we'll just have to leave it at that.

That's fair enough. I don't think you get to instigate a situation and then act like you're taking the high road by walking away. 

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know about your world, but in my world if there's been some kind of a disagreement you need to iron out, you don't "playfully" get in a guy's space and bump him while he's talking to others then "playfully" shove into the convo.

I get what you are saying and if that happened on the street or in the office, I'd agree. But these guys were friends (at least at some point) and they're out on the football field in warmups. It was definitely the wrong tactic to take, I'm just saying I don't think Cam approached to start a fight or truly intimidate. Haven't you ever pretended to get mad at something a friend says or does, when you're really not, and then laugh it off together? I just think Cam thought he could still joke with KB that way, then shake his hand and get the apology he expected. When things didn't go the way he thought they would, then yes, Cam got truly aggressive/mad. I'm not apologizing for Cam, he definitely should have approached him from the front and not touched him, but I don't think he was looking for a fight at first, I think he just misjudged the situation.

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

The only one looking bad in this is KB. Theres video with audio, Cam comes up to talk to KB about what he said and KB just looked to run away and didnt want to talk about it.

I have not seen audio where what is said can be heard.  If you have and could point me at it, be obliged.

What I've seen in the video, all I'll say is that's not how I would approach someone when I'm ticked off by stuff they've said - literally walking up on a convo he's having and getting all in his space.  People don't do that IME unless they're aggro and trying to intimidate (or unless it's a woman and the guy thinks he's Gods Gift).  KB seems to be pointing at a clock or scoreboard like 'not now dawg, it's pregame o'clock and I need to do my thang"

It's the right thing to talk about it, but it's not necessarily the right time and place pre-game.  Reach out or have your peeps reach out and try to set up a private meeting apart from the game or a phone call or something.

4 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Beta response couched in PC "doing the right thing" rhetoric. The right thing would have been not to trash a former friend and teammate in the press.

I can't disagree with the latter sentence - absolutely KB should not have said what he said in the press.  But once he did, I think you're off base about what the "right thing" was on the field.  If KB has mad issues that need to be talked through before he can offer a sincere handshake and apology, he shouldn't be judged on being willing to escalate physically, on the field and in public, with a plainly ticked off Cam.  And what good would a forced handshake and "sorry man" really be if he isn't? 

You don't have to agree, I'm cool if you don't.

2 hours ago, folz said:

I get what you are saying and if that happened on the street or in the office, I'd agree. But these guys were friends (at least at some point)

Do we know that?  I mean, we know that KB racked up a good rookie season with Cam tossing to him.  But do we know they were friends off the field or even in the clubhouse?

Cam Newton is the QB, the face of the franchise, the big star with all the endorsements.  For all we know, he trashed is WR on a regular basis in practice etc and KB went along to get along 'cuz he had no choice, seething all the time.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do we know that?  I mean, we know that KB racked up a good rookie season with Cam tossing to him.  But do we know they were friends off the field or even in the clubhouse?

Cam Newton is the QB, the face of the franchise, the big star with all the endorsements.  For all we know, he trashed is WR on a regular basis in practice etc and KB went along to get along 'cuz he had no choice, seething all the time.

I think it was on Dan Patrick today who had a Panthers sports guy on. They hung out a bit. KB did some stuff at Christmas for Newton's charity. So yea, both are bad actors and the whole ego thing with both is laughable. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can't disagree with the latter sentence - absolutely KB should not have said what he said in the press.  But once he did, I think you're off base about what the "right thing" was on the field.  If KB has mad issues that need to be talked through before he can offer a sincere handshake and apology, he shouldn't be judged on being willing to escalate physically, on the field and in public, with a plainly ticked off Cam.  And what good would a forced handshake and "sorry man" really be if he isn't? 

You don't have to agree, I'm cool if you don't.

I can see where you're coming from, I just have a hard time with people avoiding accountability for their actions.