Astro notes Sunday 8/5

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Half the time, the media is barely paying attention or has an agenda to push. One said Peterman was having his best day? By other reports, he's had MUCH better days. Another one said AJ is looking Sharp? Then we saw that horrible INT to Davis.

You have to take all these reports with a grain of salt. Even Astro's ( but his are much more satisfying to read.)

That's why it's really special when we actually get some video of their throws. 

Agreed. I shall wait for the pre-season games, I remember Tyrod OVER THE MIDDLE all too well.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Funny , his report of the practice appears strikingly different than the media coverage

13 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Is it just me or did it seem Astro went to a different practice then the other post with media tweets?

Honestly, at this point, I trust Astro more.

I remember back a few years ago in 2015, the last time we had a QB competition, it seemed as if every media person decided that Cassel was heir apparent. It seemed crazy that Tyrod might be winning the job, but Astro's reports made it seem like it was inevitable.

What I hear from Astro (and backup up by other reports) is that his INT was entirely on Proehl, and that he is really working on being able to hit short passes.

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I remember back a few years ago in 2015, the last time we had a QB competition, it seemed as if every media person decided that Cassel was heir apparent. It seemed crazy that Tyrod might be winning the job, but Astro's reports made it seem like it was inevitable.

What I hear from Astro (and backup up by other reports) is that his INT was entirely on Proehl, and that he is really working on being able to hit short passes.

I appreciate Astro, and always read them but he is certainly a glass half full guy and I trust Joe B, Fairburn, etc more. They go to every practice and watch some tape so they have full context. I remember during EJs time Astro was very kind to EJ all while the media was crushing him every practice. This forum had many people convinced that the media had an agenda against EJ and that Astro was reporting the real EJ. Well....we all know what happened.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Is it just me or did it seem Astro went to a different practice then the other post with media tweets?

That happens all the time. His eye is much, much different than the media's

About 4 yrs ago in Manuel's tenure Chris brown was criticizing him play by play right beside Astro. Astro commented on it and we all noticed when brown was on the air he made no such mentions of poor performance or scrutiny.

Astro is a big loss to us here. He and Lori were yuge

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

That happens all the time. His eye is much, much different than the media's

About 4 yrs ago in Manuel's tenure Chris brown was criticizing him play by play right beside Astro. Astro commented on it and we all noticed when brown was on the air he made no such mentions of poor performance or scrutiny.

Astro is a big loss to us here. He and Lori were yuge

I am FB friends with him and on a few pages with him also. He is a genius wuth what he can pick up and remember. Good man

8 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Exactly. He was the one that said Dabol was giving Proehl an earful after that play.