Thurman Thomas: 'A Football Life' - December 14th at 8 PM ET on NFL Network; Re-Airs at 8:15 PM ET on Monday (12-17)

• 2 weeks later...

Watched this recently after taping it.  Haven't gone through the reactions in this thread, but was extremely disappointing to me.  Consider it one of the worst "football life" programs I've ever seen honestly.  Didn't even mention his childhood, high school, college at all.  Might as well have called it The Four Falls of Buffalo's Thurman Thomas.

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Watched this recently after taping it.  Haven't gone through the reactions in this thread, but was extremely disappointing to me.  Consider it one of the worst "football life" programs I've ever seen honestly.  Didn't even mention his childhood, high school, college at all.  Might as well have called it The Four Falls of Buffalo's Thurman Thomas.

I just watched it today and I didn’t think it was that bad. It did talk about his college days with Barry a bit. 

Thurman's best plays weren't the plays they showed in that tribute. He had plenty of highlight reel stuff in his arsenal. They were the 3 yard runs on third and 2 on the road in a December game. They were the safety valve catch for a key first down when Reed and Lofton were covered. They were the catch in the slot against a LB in a mismatch. Thurman Thomas was the piston that drove the SB Bills. 

Edited by Thurmal34

In case anyone missed it, its on YouTube not sure how long it will be up:

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Uh, yes it did...you might want to rewatch it.

He grew up in Texas and was a baseball player, moved to a place where there was no baseball only football...started since he was in the 7th grade...

Played RB and CB and was all state in both. Wouldn't go to Texas colleges because they only wanted him as a CB...only school that wanted him as an RB was OSU...

They also had several scenes with him at OSU and talking wth Barry Sanders about his time there...

I'm not sure what you were watching or if you fast forwarded it past some parts but I think you probably need to rewatch it if that's what you came away with.

On 12/15/2018 at 8:39 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Couldn’t disagree more. While the Cowboys were playing poorly as you described, the problem was the Bills were playing about as well as they could. They led by just 7 points at the half. The Bills lost SB XXVIII to the Cowboys for the same reason they lost the year before; the Bills D was just a bit too soft vs the run and the ‘Boys outmuscled them. The Bills were the less physical team in all their Superbowls , and added Ted Washington a few years too late. 

The Bills were built to rush the passer because they usually had big leads due to their explosive offense...they actually might have fit today's NFL better than they fit the era they played in...

When that didn't happen they were vulnerable on D...none of the super bowls played out where they were able to get a big enough lead to effectively pin their ears back and force teams into throwing more...

Edited by matter2003

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

In case anyone missed it, its on YouTube not sure how long it will be up:

Uh, yes it did...you might want to rewatch it.

He grew up in Texas and was a baseball player, moved to a place where there was no baseball only football...started since he was in the 7th grade...

Played RB and CB and was all state in both. Wouldn't go to Texas colleges because they only wanted him as a CB...only school that wanted him as an RB was OSU...

They also had several scenes with him at OSU and talking wth Barry Sanders about his time there...

I'm not sure what you were watching or if you fast forwarded it past some parts but I think you probably need to rewatch it if that's what you came away with.

The Bills were built to rush the passer because they usually had big leads due to their explosive offense...they actually might have fit today's NFL better than they fit the era they played in...

When that didn't happen they were vulnerable on D...none of the super bowls played out where they were able to get a big enough lead to effectively pin their ears back and force teams into throwing more...

That's really weird - the show I DVR'ed starts with the NFL draft - has nothing on his childhood.   Guess it must have started halfway through or something - strange.