Thurman Thomas: 'A Football Life' - December 14th at 8 PM ET on NFL Network; Re-Airs at 8:15 PM ET on Monday (12-17)

3 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

I watched that one Thurman Thomas play over and over.  I still can't understand it.  Dallas Cowboy Leon Lett barely touched the ball and Thurman Thomas fumbled it.

Without that Thurman Thomas fumble, the Buffalo Bills win Super Bowl 28.

:mellow:

Without Thurman they never get to the Super Bowl...

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, chaccof said:

I knew his wife was from Buffalo but didn't realize she met him at OSU before he ends up getting drafted by the Bills....that's amazing to me....

She is from Elma. She went to Iroquois. She has five brothers I believe. One was wrestling coach at Iroquois. Patty’s nephew won the NYS high school state wrestling championship. 

3 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

I watched that one Thurman Thomas play over and over.  I still can't understand it.  Dallas Cowboy Leon Lett barely touched the ball and Thurman Thomas fumbled it.

Without that Thurman Thomas fumble, the Buffalo Bills win Super Bowl 28.

:mellow:

It would have been nice if he did not fumble but they probably don’t win that game.   Dallas was smway more talented and the bills were doing it with smoke and mirrors in the first half. 

Dallas ran ran the same play over and over down the field on the next drive.  The whole words knew what play was coming g and still buffalo could not stop it.  They were overmatched.  And that is not to disrespect them.   Dallas had a ridiculous roster 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It would have been nice if he did not fumble but they probably don’t win that game.   Dallas was smway more talented and the bills were doing it with smoke and mirrors in the first half. 

Dallas ran ran the same play over and over down the field on the next drive.  The whole words knew what play was coming g and still buffalo could not stop it.  They were overmatched.  And that is not to disrespect them.   Dallas had a ridiculous roster 

Agreed. The Super Bowls that they should have won were against the Giants and the Redskins. I still can't really understand how Jeff Hostetler and Mark Rypien could have beaten them- two of the worst QBs ever to win a Super Bowl. It's crazy if you think about it.

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

Agreed. The Super Bowls that they should have won were against the Giants and the Redskins. I still can't really understand how Jeff Hostetler and Mark Rypien could have beaten them- two of the worst QBs ever to win a Super Bowl. It's crazy if you think about it.

Washington had the bigger and more physical team with an offense that was loaded with weapons.  They were better. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Washington had the bigger and more physical team with an offense that was loaded with weapons.  They were better. 

Absolutely the best team in the league that year. Dominant on both sides of the ball. And they were thisclose to going 16-0 that season. 

• Like (+1) 1

What a great show.  My favorite Bill's player ever.  A must watch for the younger generation that did not get to see the greatness of what we once had.  Hopefully soon.  

And agreed with most of you, the only one we should have won was the Giants.  What a great time to be a Bill's fan though.  I just hope to see it again before I die. Go Bills!

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

I have a red helmet signed by Thurmal.  My wife got it for me, the signature, not the helmet.  He was in Tulsa at one of the malls a good ten years back, and she took it and had it signed for me.  Before we were married.  One of the reasons I married the girl :)  She gets me and my Bills infatuation, In T-town, OK. :)

Boy, I sure miss that O-line!

Thurman still underrated as a pure runner.

3 hours ago, vincec said:

Nahh....the Redskins were a fantastic team that year.  They had the top scoring offense and one of the top scoring defenses.  They were heavily favored for good reason.

The Cowboys were playing like total s**t in SB 28.

The Buffalo Bills had the momentum and scoring lead in the third quarter.  Then Thurman Thomas fumbles the ball after Cowboy Leon Lett barely touches the ball.  Cowboy James Washington picks up the ball and runs it in for a TD.

Then the Cowboys had both the scoring lead and momentum.   Thurman Thomas spent much of the rest of SB 28 sitting on the sideline pouting.  Bills coach Marv Levy actually had to go over to Thurman Thomas in an attempt to motivate him to play more.

The Buffalo Bills lost SB 28 because of RB Thurman Thomas.  Pure and simple.

:thumbdown:

2 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

The Cowboys were playing like total s**t in SB 28.

The Buffalo Bills had the momentum and scoring lead in the third quarter.  Then Thurman Thomas fumbles the ball after Cowboy Leon Lett barely touches the ball.  Cowboy James Washington picks up the ball and runs it in for a TD.

Then the Cowboys had both the scoring lead and momentum.   Thurman Thomas spent much of the rest of SB 28 sitting on the sideline pouting.  Bills coach Marv Levy actually had to go over to Thurman Thomas in an attempt to motivate him to play more.

The Buffalo Bills lost SB 28 because of RB Thurman Thomas.  Pure and simple.

:thumbdown:

Still an all time great Buffalo Bill and NFL RB.  Boo on you!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2