College Gameday - week 1 headed to South Bend

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

Did two Michigan road trips to ND in the early 00s, make sure you get to a game at South Bend if it matters to you!

Buckeyes go there in 2023!

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Wow! I thought they would be covering the Auburn-Washington game.

This will be a great way to start the season.

GO BLUE!!!

Auburn-UW is going to be a great game too 

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Buckeyes go there in 2023!

Auburn-UW is going to be a great game too 

It sure will be. That's a playoff game.

I understand that College Gameday going to South Bend, is more nostalgic because of the tradition that Notre Dame & Michigan have. Although it is justified since both the Irish & Wolverines are actually good teams again.

This will be an exciting start of the season. Don't forget about the Louisiana State-Miami game that weekend too.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, Willyville Guy said:

I'm pumped!  Gameday made the right call to go to an early-season rivalry game in South Bend. 

Agreed, Auburn/Washington probably does have more national title implications but.....neutral site game, better atmosphere at South bend, & Michigan & ND are both supposed to be good this year although I believe Michigan is overrated.  

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Great weekend to be traveling to a wedding in the boondocks of Pennsylvania for some guy I couln’t pick out of a lineup.....wife’s cousins son. YAY Me! 

There are 9 months of non college football Saturdays but still people schedule fall weddings whyyyyyyy

• Like (+1) 1

One of my college buddies from OSU describes this as the proudest moment of his life:

Buddy: Dad, I want you to know that I proposed to Cindy and we’re getting married in the fall. 

Buddy’s Dad: That’s great - your mom and I love Cindy. What weekend are you getting married?

Buddy:  The bye week, Dad!

Dad: I’m proud of you, son!

“The bye week, Dad!” has become a rallying cry among my friends ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, YoloinOhio said:

There are 9 months of non college football Saturdays but still people schedule fall weddings whyyyyyyy

I hate when people schedule their weddings on Labor Day weekend.  Last year we got invited to my wife's friends daughter's wedding College opener.  I told my wife I am not going, she was p*ssed & didn't talk to me for a few days but she got over it.  My wife kept asking me "what do you want me to say to them why your not there."  I told her "tell them the truth, I am watching college football, drinking beers & grilling on my patio with a bunch of my friends."  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

I hate when people schedule their weddings on Labor Day weekend.  Last year we got invited to my wife's friends daughter's wedding College opener.  I told my wife I am not going, she was p*ssed & didn't talk to me for a few days but she got over it.  My wife kept asking me "what do you want me to say to them why your not there."  I told her "tell them the truth, I am watching college football, drinking beers & grilling on my patio with a bunch of my friends."  

It’s their own fault. If I come to your wedding on a football Saturday, just assume that I am watching a game on my phone. I just assume with destination weddings, you don't really want everyone you invited to actually attend, and with fall weddings, you don't really want all the guests watching you at all times. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s their own fault. If I come to your wedding on a football Saturday, just assume that I am watching a game on my phone. I just assume with destination weddings, you don't really want everyone you invited to actually attend, and with fall weddings, you don't really want all the guests watching you at all times. 

Totally. It's almost as if you're doing the couple a favor by watching the games!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.