Training Camp first-timer

2 hours ago, BuffaloWings said:

I’m hoping to head to SJF on Tuesday morning. Is there parking on campus or is the shuttle bus required?

Take the shuttle if you want ease of access...

i drove there last week , parked on a side street a bit away and walked 

19 hours ago, Irv said:

The buses are really good.  Almost no waiting and good atmosphere on the bus.  Drops you right off at the entrance.  Same with pick up.  

Can I presume that the buses run back & forth every so often? I may not be able to stay the whole morning.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWings said:

Can I presume that the buses run back & forth every so often? I may not be able to stay the whole morning.

Yes they do.  We went to an 8:45 session last week, and the buses ran from 7:00-12:00.  We stayed for about 45 minutes after practice to get autographs, and still hopped a bus with no problem at 11:45.

Check the website for specifics.  The website is your friend.

21 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

You can also park right across the street and walk to camp at one of the many houses that turn their yards into parking lots, they are generally $15 to park.

This is what I do......Quick walk and easy exit.  Yes will be more expensive but the more people in the car, the less premium. 

If concerned about leaving early, this give you the max time at camp as there is no wait.  I went to camp on day 2.  I drove to Henrietta and 3 errands.  Then drove by the school where busses where being unloaded an hour after camp closed.  The lot still had many cars so the wait may be long.  Parking across the street is most time effective.

22 hours ago, BuffaloWings said:

I’m hoping to head to SJF on Tuesday morning. Is there parking on campus or is the shuttle bus required?

As part of your hazing, you're required to capture the whole thing on video and bring it back to us.

29 minutes ago, Dalton said:

This is what I do......Quick walk and easy exit.  Yes will be more expensive but the more people in the car, the less premium. 

If concerned about leaving early, this give you the max time at camp as there is no wait.  I went to camp on day 2.  I drove to Henrietta and 3 errands.  Then drove by the school where busses where being unloaded an hour after camp closed.  The lot still had many cars so the wait may be long.  Parking across the street is most time effective.

I have been to camp probably 10 times over the past few years (morning and night sessions), and I have never, ever had to wait for a bus.  They have 4 or 5 lined up ready to go both ways.  A lot of folks stay to get autographs essentially until they are asked to leave the facility....well after practice has ended.  Hence the cars still in the parking lot at that time.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have been to camp probably 10 times over the past few years (morning and night sessions), and I have never, ever had to wait for a bus.  They have 4 or 5 lined up ready to go both ways.  A lot of folks stay to get autographs essentially until they are asked to leave the facility....well after practice has ended.  Hence the cars still in the parking lot at that time.

Different experiences to be sure.  I remember a wait and a hot bus ride several years ago hence the change in strategy.  To each their own.

OP - let us know how you made out.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:30 AM, Dalton said:

Different experiences to be sure.  I remember a wait and a hot bus ride several years ago hence the change in strategy.  To each their own.

OP - let us know how you made out.

Given that time was more important to me, I decided to park across the street. Easy peasy...even though it cost $15. Best to get there close to opening time to get a spot. I’m staying about 5 minutes from campus, so it was easier for me to drive there instead of any of the schools and take the bus. 

Not the greatest day with the rain, but worth it. 

Tremaine Edmunds looks like a monster standing next to...well...anyone.