Why is the GOP growing the government?

A $1 trillion addition to the deficit with the tax cuts.

A 40% cost vs savings growth in the bureaucracy to enforce Medicare work requirements.

My republican party was based on individual rights, free markets, and limited government.

What happened?

1 minute ago, Thurmal34 said:

A 40% cost vs savings growth in the bureaucracy to enforce Medicare work requirements.

My republican party was based on individual rights, free markets, and limited government.

What happened?

Some are  just being hypocritical, some are too entrenched in the bureaucracies, some are too cowed by media & democrat accusations of wanting to starve children & kill grandma, some are there only to serve their own interests, and the rest get no real support from their party to boldly further their agenda.

43 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

What happened?

You can look at the 2016 Republican primaries for your answer.  A majority of Republican voters went for the guy who promised a more robust military, increased border funding (a wall) to stop illegal immigration, federal infrastructure spending, and a promise not to cut entitlement programs (medicare, medicaid, social security).  Rand Paul or Ted Cruz would've won the nomination if shrinking government and balancing the budget were the majority of Republican primary voters number one priority.

By the way, it's medicaid work requirements.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You can look at the 2016 Republican primaries for your answer.  A majority of Republican voters went for the guy who promised a more robust military, increased border funding (a wall) to stop illegal immigration, federal infrastructure spending, and a promise not to cut entitlement programs (medicare, medicaid, social security).  Rand Paul or Ted Cruz would've won the nomination if shrinking government and balancing the budget were the majority of Republican primary voters number one priority.

By the way, it's medicaid work requirements.

C'mon now, it's hard work to reach a ripe old age of 65.

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

What happened?

Yoh will never get back the minutes you wasted on that trash 

Edited by row_33

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Yoh will never get back the minutes you wasted on that trash 

You could say the same thing about 90% of your posts. Either you have a drinking problem or we have all been experiencing your mental decline the past couple of years.

22 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

You could say the same thing about 90% of your posts. Either you have a drinking problem or we have all been experiencing your mental decline the past couple of years.

You could day the same about all of us. I use the board on the toilet 75% of the time, 20% of the time at the farmers market, 5% just winding down my day.

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

You could day the same about all of us. I use the board on the toilet 75% of the time, 20% of the time at the farmers market, 5% just winding down my day.

So that's why you have so many shittyposts. As a farmer, I'd think that you'd have learned by now how to not step in it.

9 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

What happened?

For fiscal year 2018, which started last October, taxes are up $50.5 billion compared with the same months last year, and are at a record high level for this five-month span.

Federal Tax Revenues Hit Record Highs — Are Trump's Tax Cuts Paying For Themselves?

What happened?

Because conservatives preyed on stupid people and convinced them they could vote. I call these idiots the WWF crowd (I know its WWE now). They convinced these idiots they were smart enough to vote, and darn it, they should! These are very numerous, simple people. Not bad people, just not thinkers. Donald Trump appeals to these people. See, unlearned people are simple. Donald Trump caters to these people. But just because people are simple doesn't mean they're not gonna notice things not going the way they want. A factory worker doesn't understand laissez faire principles, nor do they know what has historically worked and what hasn't. But they do notice when their plant closes and relocates to Mexico. They do notice when everything is made in China. So when Trump pitches to these people he's not ranting about taxes on retained earnings like Romney was, he's speaking their language. These people now control the direction of the Republican party until Trump inevitably face plants. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

For fiscal year 2018, which started last October, taxes are up $50.5 billion compared with the same months last year, and are at a record high level for this five-month span.

Federal Tax Revenues Hit Record Highs — Are Trump's Tax Cuts Paying For Themselves?

Intellecuals have already stated it is impossible to increase tax collections by reducing rates.

the same ilk also told you that inflation and unemployment would never rise together.

oopsie poopsie....

and they will never for a second admit they were wrong or that they have no validity  for making predictions of the future

What happened?

Because conservatives preyed on stupid people and convinced them they could vote. I call these idiots the WWF crowd (I know its WWE now). They convinced these idiots they were smart enough to vote, and darn it, they should! These are very numerous, simple people. Not bad people, just not thinkers. Donald Trump appeals to these people. See, unlearned people are simple. Donald Trump caters to these people. But just because people are simple doesn't mean they're not gonna notice things not going the way they want. A factory worker doesn't understand laissez faire principles, nor do they know what has historically worked and what hasn't. But they do notice when their plant closes and relocates to Mexico. They do notice when everything is made in China. So when Trump pitches to these people he's not ranting about taxes on retained earnings like Romney was, he's speaking their language. These people now control the direction of the Republican party until Trump inevitably face plants. 

By the way, it's not that I disagree with all of Trump's platform. And I understand every person who voted for him to block Hilldog. It's just frustrating to see one giant jackass derail conservatism because he has the support of a very good yet stupid base. 

31 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

By the way, it's not that I disagree with all of Trump's platform. And I understand every person who voted for him to block Hilldog. It's just frustrating to see one giant jackass derail conservatism because he has the support of a very good yet stupid base. 

That is a winning strategy. Keeping calling them stupid!   Call them deplorable and disgusting.  Call them racists and bigots.  

Clearly, it works well.

Don't, by any means, begin to try to understand their beliefs or reasoning.

29 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Because conservatives preyed on stupid people and convinced them they could vote.

Given how well the deplorable comment helped the right, the irony in this statement is terrific.

Please. Keep telling Trump voters how stupid they are. Especially as they get closer to the mid-terms. Louder. More often. 

Do it! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oops. Oh well, if the left keeps repeating their lies long enough, it will still be true.

9 hours ago, The_Dude said:

And thank god they are. Obviously you forgot gw Bush. Great conservative there. Mainstream republicans aren’t conservatives, haven’t been for thirty years. The republicans are a joke, almost as bad as democrats.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

And thank god they are. Obviously you forgot gw Bush. Great conservative there. Mainstream republicans aren’t conservatives, haven’t been for thirty years. The republicans are a joke, almost as bad as democrats.

Sir, you’ll find no disagreement there. The only thing I stray from within conservative doctrine is universal healthcare.  

13 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

To Boyst’s point, I only post on PPP when I’m hammered. I rarely/never check back when sober, although it is fun to see roaches scurry when exposed to light. 

12 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Given how well the deplorable comment helped the right, the irony in this statement is terrific.

Please. Keep telling Trump voters how stupid they are. Especially as they get closer to the mid-terms. Louder. More often. 

Do it! 

While I agree that Clinton’s comment hurt her majorly (as an undecided at that point I was HUGELY turned off), LA has it wrong here. 

He thinks Trump getting elected “helped the right”.

Yet under Trump, the deficit has grown to record numbers, bureaucracy has swollen to make sure poor people don’t get any help, and the first amendment has been grotesquely infringed upon. All things abhorrent to the right. 

Edited by Thurmal34