Better Call Saul: Season 4

/dev/null

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

I didn't want to start a totally new thread but did anyone catch Mr Inbetween on FX2?    I'm not an Aussie some sometimes I didn't catch all the dialogue but it was a pretty decent show.    

thanks, something I'll look out for.

I'm convinced Brit and Aussie shows deliberately jumble speech so that it befuddles even the greatest closed caption analysts.

20 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Make Werner likable

Make Kai a d*ck

Make both screw up

Make Kai screw up big again

Make Werner try to cover to Kai

Make Gus make Mike make Werner go away

The entire point of developing Werner's character and his relationship with Mike is to ultimately further develop Mike's character by showing us another side to Mike.

Mike has always placed a personal moral code above being a simple criminal.  Mike is willing to break the law or bend rules if it doesn't negatively impact good people.  Something is going to happen whereby Mike must choose between going full evil (perhaps killing Werner) and being a good or fair person.

One way the show might play it: have Werner make another misstep that only Mike knows about or discovers; Mike will have to decide if it gets reported to Gus or not, knowing that reporting it probably means Werner dies.

Mike will have to weigh blowing the whistle on Werner, the all around good dude who likely doesn't deserve to die, against his loyalty to his boss, Gus, and commitment to the efficient implementation of the construction project in general. 

Mike's character will be tested in this way and it will involve Werner.

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I could see it more as something happens, Mike is told to take care of Werner, but while doing so, Werner is let go by Mike who tells Gus it's taken care of. Gus knows something is up and it helps him keep control over Mike as his guy...

Interesting theory; could easily play out that way.

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 10:27 AM, apuszczalowski said:

He used the name previously for his commercial production company when he was trying to sell off his ad time he had bought for his own law practice and they wouldn't refund his money or stop playing the commercials without something else to fill the ad space (he would get in more trouble of his ads ran while he was suspended)

It appears he used the name again (they showed earlier in the episode him opening a box of business cards with the name Saul Goodman on them) for the phone business and its seems it's the name he uses for his shadier dealings instead of his real name.

I was just thinking, when Kim talked to the attorney in the courtroom about lessening the punishment against the guy, she knew that Jimmy was the guy selling the phones and who he was. Could this come back and hurt Jimmy McGill the lawyer in getting his licence back? The guy he had to report to about what he has been doing while suspended did ask him if he has been associated with any known felons, and it was known that the guy who hit the cop was previously arrested 3 years before. Wonder if he ends up in trouble now because of this?

I can definitely see Kim bei g the one that Saul was referring to with his assistant I  the one future scene when they were destroying documents in his office. It seems like she is trying to distance herself from him now, but always seems to feel enough for him that she will help him out when he is in need. I could see her leaving and telling him she cant be with him anymore, but if he is ever in trouble or needs help, to give her a call and she will be there.

That's plausible.  But why would he have Francesca tell Kim that Jimmy sent her when she'd worked for Kim for close to a year before?  Does anybody forget their 1st hire after going out on their own?

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That's plausible.  But why would he have Francesca tell Kim that Jimmy sent her when she'd worked for Kim for close to a year before?  Does anybody forget their 1st hire after going out on their own?

An excellent point.

Maybe the problems at HHM draws Hamlin into Jimmy's orbit

On Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 10:47 AM, row_33 said:

Yup, same place, but Tuco is out of commission (for now) and Gus stepped in to temporarily help Salamanca ops while Hector was also OOC??  His agenda hidden to all but us and himself?

we can assume Hector is out and about wheeling and belling and the Salamanca's are back in power?

makes it a bit tougher to unravel because they were able to invent Lalo who was never mentioned except briefly, nor had any role in BB despite his apparent importance for the next 5 years before BB starts.  (like Tony's cousin Tony B who was never mentioned at all in 4 seasons of the Sopranos despite such ad hoc importance for Season 5...)

The big boss (zoning on his name right now) said that Salamanca territory would remain Salamanca territory when he told Nacho to run stuff in Hector's absence.  And the Salamanca's still have an Albuquerque presence in BB.

Lalo didn't get called into Albuquerque until after Nacho got hijacked.  His coming in would help explain how Fring was unable to completely take over the Salamanca territory after co-opting Nacho & keeping Hector in an incapacitated state.

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

An excellent point.

Maybe the problems at HHM draws Hamlin into Jimmy's orbit

That was what I am wondering as well.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Lalo didn't get called into Albuquerque until after Nacho got hijacked.  His coming in would help explain how Fring was unable to completely take over the Salamanca territory after co-opting Nacho & keeping Hector in an incapacitated state.

Except Nacho's staged hijacking occurred 10 months ago.  Remember there was a bit of a fast forward in the prior week's episode?

My guess is now that Hector can communicate he wants a blood Salamanca running the operation rather than some hired muscle

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Except Nacho's staged hijacking occurred 10 months ago. Remember there was a bit of a fast forward in the prior week's episode?

My guess is now that Hector can communicate he wants a blood Salamanca running the operation rather than some hired muscle

Good point.

But my comment about Lalo was in response to Row's about how Lalo's presence makes it tougher to get the framework set at the beginning of BB.  I believe it helps explain how Salamanca's still have a presence, though one significantly smaller that what Gus' has become.  Maybe I misinterpreted Row's comment.  If so, nevermind.

28 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Except Nacho's staged hijacking occurred 10 months ago.  Remember there was a bit of a fast forward in the prior week's episode?

They just made up the Lalo character to stretch things out, would be the best if Bob O adlibbed his name or got it wrong when he mentioned it in BB

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They just made up the Lalo character to stretch things out, would be the best if Bob O adlibbed his name or got it wrong when he mentioned it in BB

Lalo was referenced in Breaking Bad.  I posted the clip on page 12.  A few weeks ago I posted the same clip after reading a rumor about the introduction of the Lalo character

On 9/26/2018 at 6:13 AM, /dev/null said:

Lalo didn't send you?  (25 seconds into the clip)

47 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Lalo was referenced in Breaking Bad.  I posted the clip on page 12.  A few weeks ago I posted the same clip after reading a rumor about the introduction of the Lalo character

Yes, that’s what I meant all the times I’ve discussed it already on here

prequels are fun, invent a soul mate for Saul and all kinds of people to stretch it out

No half measures, Mike

best crazed drive up a parking garage since the original Get Carter

Jimmy has no answer for what the law meant to him?????  Shoulda channeled Chuck for that one and then named Chuck as his inspiration 

Gillifan back as director for this episode, lots of BB-like scenes and perspectives 

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

No half measures, Mike

best crazed drive up a parking garage since the original Get Carter

Jimmy has no answer for what the law meant to him?????  Shoulda channeled Chuck for that one and then named Chuck as his inspiration 

Gillifan back as director for this episode, lots of BB-like scenes and perspectives 

"Go Land Crabs!"

Best onscreen couples angry exchange since Tony and Carmela

From the opening a few back he only went into the law library and career because of jealousy of Chuck and wanting to impress the mailroom/ law student smart cutie Kim