Need recomendation on a place to live between Buffalo and Rochester

fansince88

11 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Odds are you know a few Correction Officers.

I do. Not only that being 10 during the riots I know a few who were killed during them. I’ll never forget that day. As the police and ambulances flew by our school our teacher (whose father was a CO) left the room to see what was up. She came back and said there was a riot at the prison. A very good friend was sitting next to me and said “I hope it’s not in my brother-in-law’s block. They don’t carry guns” I told him “what are the chances?” Well his BIL was the first killer. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2018 at 9:05 PM, Boyst62 said:

Brockport ftw.

or even spencerport, which has a super nice town.  both of these areas though are more rochester than buffalo.  that being said, you can probably get to buffalo in 45 mins to an hour from those areas.

7 hours ago, teef said:

or even spencerport, which has a super nice town.  both of these areas though are more rochester than buffalo.  that being said, you can probably get to buffalo in 45 mins to an hour from those areas.

Brockport has a statue dedicated to my family soooo... Brockport wins

On 7/21/2018 at 9:22 AM, Chef Jim said:

Alexander.  Only because that's where I grew up and 90% of the people who are from WNY have never heard of it.  

My condolences.  As a former Trojan myself, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I do. Not only that being 10 during the riots I know a few who were killed during them. I’ll never forget that day. As the police and ambulances flew by our school our teacher (whose father was a CO) left the room to see what was up. She came back and said there was a riot at the prison. A very good friend was sitting next to me and said “I hope it’s not in my brother-in-law’s block. They don’t carry guns” I told him “what are the chances?” Well his BIL was the first killer. 

I remember seeing Bobby Seal and around 50 black panthers at a gas station somewhere between Darien and Alden on Broadway then. Some of my friends lost their dads during all of that mess. 

Whoever mentioned Alexander... your cheerleaders were easy, thanks for that.