President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Can't wait to see the misguided articles granting him the same "hero" status as Bradley Manning and Snowden.

What this person did was awful, it literally put the lives of Senators and their families at risk for nothing more than a political gain. Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning are heroes who put their lives on the line to expose corruption. !@#$ off if you don't want to know what unconstitutional war crimes your government is committing. 

Edited by billsfan89

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Can't wait to see the misguided articles granting him the same "hero" status as Bradley Manning and Snowden.

You ain't lying. 

The news cycle might be about to be turned on its head though, so he might escape a few days worth of grilling/lauding in the media.

(Might being the key word at the moment)

Just now, billsfan89 said:

What this person did was awful, it literally put the lives of Senators and their families at risk for nothing more than a political gain. Edward Snowden and Bradely Manning are heroes who put their lives on the line to expose corruption. !@#$ off if you don't want to know what unconstitutional war crimes your government is committing. 

:lol:  Snowden and Manning put many more lives at risk.  The only argument you'd have here is that Senators' lives are more valuable than soldiers' or diplomats'.  Which would be a thoroughly idiotic argument.

Just now, DC Tom said:

:lol:  Snowden and Manning put many more lives at risk.  The only argument you'd have here is that Senators' lives are more valuable than soldiers' or diplomats'.  Which would be a thoroughly idiotic argument.

Snowden exposed the government spying on its people en mass illegally, basically we have no 4th amendment and Snowden exposed it. Bradley Manning exposed war crimes being committed on behalf of the American people. There was a good that was being done by what they did. Yes it did put people at risk in doing the right thing but their aims and end results were towards a good that was apolitical. Is America about upholding what is right or the aims of our governments interests? Because if America is about doing the right thing then I don't know how you can't consider exposing corruption and war crimes a bad thing. 

I am not saying that Senators and their families lives are more important but rather the person putting those lives in danger did so for a political aim. Which serves no purpose but a self serving one. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Snowden exposed the government spying on its people en mass illegally, basically we have no 4th amendment and Snowden exposed it. Bradley Manning exposed war crimes being committed on behalf of the American people. There was a good that was being done by what they did. Yes it did put people at risk in doing the right thing but their aims and end results were towards a good that was apolitical. Is America about upholding what is right or the aims of our governments interests? Because if America is about doing the right thing then I don't know how you can't consider exposing corruption and war crimes a bad thing. 

I am not saying that Senators and their families lives are more important but rather the person putting those lives in danger did so for a political aim. Which serves no purpose but a self serving one. 

(Manning aside, who is a different subject imo)

With nothing but respect, as someone who spilled a lot of digital ink defending Snowden and bashing mass surveillance abuse/overreach - your heart/ideals are in the right spot. There was a positive to the public good from what Snowden did. But take a REAL close look at his background. About how he got out of Hong Kong (why stop in Russia - on your way to central America - from Hong Kong?). About his work for the CIA before NSA. 

I spent a lot of time with honest to god spooks over the past 30 months. The damage caused is much more than I realized originally. He took everything, not just surveillance data. What's been released so far represented less than 3% of what he actually took. There's a lot more to the Snowden story than the one that's been glorified in both the establishment media (especially ones with connections to the intelligence community) and Hollywood.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I can't believe people think "belief" is any sort of acceptable standard here.  

It doesn’t have to be the standard for confirmation, but it can be the public’s standard when considering the claim. Which is something the President should understand, no?

FRANK CAGLE: 

“If you believe that when the FBI finishes the Brett Kavanaugh investigation that Senate Democrats will be satisfied, raise your hand. Really?”

Plus: “What the FBI ought to be investigating is Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s role in this current fiasco. Withholding Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s letter until the last minute. Finding pro bono lawyers for her; lawyers who would pay for a polygraph test. Find out who outed Dr. Ford despite her asking for confidentiality. The whole matter could have been investigated confidentially months ago rather than degenerating into a public spectacle.”

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

With respect, I say to you that the people you described, who have drawn inferences from bits and pieces of testimony carefully culled from the entirety of the testimony, with questions and statements rehearsed and chorepgraphed like a Broadway extravaganza...are part of the problem. In fact, they are a large part of the problem and why this clusterf@!$ was allowed to play out. 

The basic premise is that anything that Ford did or said, and any conflicts that arise, are all explained away by her status as a victim.  Meanwhile, shes retained top political operatives to carry her flag, shes experienced in the field of human psychology and she's operating at a time when victim status is a badge of honor in our society.  

Trump, for all his bluster is painted as a bully here, defending a guy who until 2 weeks ago was a pretty vanilla dude, all while vultures in the Senate, Congress and media figuratively take turns bashing the nominee in the skull with a brick and get praise from their supporters. 

Those people you describe and resent are still worthy of the respect of the President, especially the ones who are actual survivors of sexual assault. I’d argue they make up a large percentage of the population. Trump’s actions were pathetic and indefensible IMO.

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

Those people you describe and resent are still worthy of the respect of the President, especially the ones who are actual survivors of sexual assault. I’d argue they make up a large percentage of the population. Trump’s actions were pathetic and indefensible IMO.

So was the way the minority, without any thought to the hell it was going to unleash on this woman, threw her to the wolves at the 11th hour to score an ultimately meaningless political victory. 

imo

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Quite the opposite has been the result from what I have been reading online, the groups I belong to, and even the discussions I have had with friends - actual sexual assault victims are pissed as hell at that lunatic. Not only is she completely unbelievable with her "little girl" act (I stand by the 50-year-old Valley Girl on helium analogy) and ever-changing stories and lies, she has set believability for real victims of sexual assault back to the "can't believe her" stage.   Truly a travesty. 

I think you make a good point, but Ivwould argue that Trump’s action are far more egregious considering his position.