President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Beginning to look like the FBI investigation is a joke. No interview of Kavanaugh and Ford? Seriously? Can Flake and Murkowski seriously vote "yes" after this whitewash? 

nothing personal Tibs but it doesn't appear that anything that happens will satisfy the libs. let me take that back, about the only thing that will appease the libs is the opposition rolling over and playing dead (maybe that is being generous, i'm pret sure they would prefer they actually die). the time has come to face facts, the agenda the libs have been working is dead in the water. in fact i may even go so far as to say that it has massively backfired in their faces. they are losing ground. their Blue Wave has turned into nothing more than a ripple in a stream. they are not going to take the Nov elections.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nkreed said:

This is why there is significant amount of under reporting of sexual assaults. Call bull on what is "presumed bull" is how we got here. Women have generally been thought of as less of a person since forever.  (I'll conceed some religions and cultures actually point to women as the sacred line).  However in European thought and the Western world born from European expansion, the woman has been treated as inferior.  So if a woman makes a statement of sexual assault, it has historically been presumed bull if the male is of any importance to society.  

I'm not typing this to make any statement about the proceedings.  I wanted to point out the presumed bull part of the statement and to try to explain the "other sides" thinking.

Health insurance.....yikes here we go.  We are paying 20k a year. First, we were well on our way to that number without Obamacare.  Using this as an argument that it's Obamacares fault is revisionist history.  Second, who can afford that? 20k on healthcare is absolutely ridiculous and where do these profits go? Pharma, medical tech and insurance (liability insurance that is). If these numbers don't tell you that our healthcare system is absolutely out of control I don't know what will. Again, blaming it on Obamacare is ludicrous.  Our healthcare industry was headed this way well before the law.

I think I know where you will fall in this argument, but I would rather have an entire nation paying for health insurance through a single means than only those who can afford it through a private industry.  The cost would be reduced because we are all one pool of healthy and sick, and the ability to control cost would be significant.

I'm also confident a second additional insurance market will exist as well, leaving people who can afford the payments to have additional items not covered under the single system.  BTW, nice assertion at the end.?

The problem with declarations that start with "This is the reason that...." is that where human beings are concerned, there are an infinite number of reasons and rationales to explain why people choose to handle things a certain way.  You're oversimplifying an incredibly complex issue to the extent that you're arguing against using logic and reason to analyze the veracity of one individuals claims v another.  To suggest that your commentary has nothing to do with these hearings, while on a message board specifically discussing this hearing seems a bit shallow.  Here's the reason my thoughts on Ford's allegations are not "the problem" ..my thoughts on Ford v Kavanaugh have nothing to do with my thoughts on any other case involving allegations of sexual assault. 

I do maintain that people unwilling to consider the totality of the information available at the click of a button and defer to "everyone should be believed every time" are a much bigger problem than what I post on a message board. 

The good news is you are consistent. There are many, many powerful people in government and beyond that are hoping that a large number of people think that health insurance can be boiled down to "we are all one pool of healthy and sick" which then obviously and definitively means lower cost. 

Seriously, read a book or two about actuarial science, risk management and human behavior. 

1 minute ago, bdutton said:

The GOP Doxxer has been arrested and charged with a slew of crimes...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-doxxing-suspect-arrested-worked-or-interned-for-feinstein-jackson-lee-other-dems

No surprise that the triggered snowflake worked on the Jackson Lee and Feinstain staff.

Stupid kid will be doing some serious jail time.

No he won't.  Optics. He will get a slap on the wrist.

2 hours ago, nkreed said:

Health insurance.....yikes here we go.  We are paying 20k a year. First, we were well on our way to that number without Obamacare. 

There is an entire thread dedicated to the health care discussion here, so I'm sure we should keep that discussion isolated, but I can't let this go: one of THE primary selling points of Obamacare was that it was going to reduce annual health insurance costs, on average, $2500 per year. The promise was never to get it to $20K a year for everyone since we were well on our way to that number already.

THAT is revisionist history. It's like arguing that yes, Obama said if you like your doctor, you could keep your doctor, but if you lost  your doctor, that must mean you didn't like your doctor.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Ideally a Judge should be impartial and non partisan just interpret the law. What Brett and his family has been thru will leave him far from that ideal. Then again a swing vote is not the norm.

It's too bad the democrats put him and his family through all of this nonsense publicly.

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Ideally a Judge should be impartial and non partisan just interpret the law. What Brett and his family has been thru will leave him far from that ideal. Then again a swing vote is not the norm.

Is this an argument that because Democrats assassinated the character of Judge Kavanaugh, and intentionally destroyed the lies of him and his family, based on what they knew were lies that they themselves perpetrated, that Brett Kavanaugh is not qualified for the bench?

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

You must love living in our world...a mans world...almost time for you to go make your man a sandwich!

What an incredibly ****ty and condescending thing to say to another person.

!@#$ you.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

Grossly judgmental.

A Supreme Court judge is responsible for interpreting the Constitution vis a vis legal issues.

Kavanaugh is qualified and competent.

Democrat misconduct should not convey to a judge's fitness for duty.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

On the contrary, he has been described by those who worked with him as thoughtful, deliberate and even-keeled.  He surely must have known the opposition would try to destroy him, there is precedent for that.  I think he is now the perfect judge to seek out justice for all Americans who have been tread upon and abused by the powerful. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Waiting for the Democrats' response...  "Sham, coverup, need more time, serial rapist, war on women, what about all the silent victims, Spartacus..."

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

Is there any evidence that Kavanaugh would act unprofessionally?  That after decades of service to the law he will suddenly abandon impartial interpretation of the law in favor of revenge?

Or are you just afraid he might throw ice at the Democrats?

48 minutes ago, Foxx said:

nothing personal Tibs but it doesn't appear that anything that happens will satisfy the libs. let me take that back, about the only thing that will appease the libs is the opposition rolling over and playing dead (maybe that is being generous, i'm pret sure they would prefer they actually die). the time has come to face facts, the agenda the libs have been working is dead in the water. in fact i may even go so far as to say that it has massively backfired in their faces. they are losing ground. their Blue Wave has turned into nothing more than a ripple in a stream. they are not going to take the Nov elections.

The Democrat agenda is more popular than Republican agenda, that's why Obamacare is still with us and Republicans are getting so little traction with those budget busting tax cuts mostly for the wealthy. 

And you are making a prediction, so don't say it as if its a fact. You know as much as anyone else how the elections will turn out. Heck, 11 days before the 2016 election Hillary had a good lead and looked like a pretty sure bet to win. Even though her liberal agenda was more popular with Americans, and she got more votes, the clown won. So we shall see. 

2 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Ford testified under oath that she gave all information she had to the committee. What would the FBI get that she didn't already give under oath?

I believe she was even asked if there was anything else she wanted to add or talk about and she said 'no.'

When the committee asked for her other documents this week, they refused to turn them over.

There is no mistaking that Grassley has bent over backwards to ensure that Ford was given every single opportunity she needed. The GOP can't help it if the Dems sat on her allegation for almost two months. Imagine what kind of investigation could have happened if they simply brought it up when they found out.

But no.

Time to vote. Time to confirm.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What an incredibly ****ty and condescending thing to say to another person.

!@#$ you.

I do not respond to people who dump and run like that. They are simply ****-stirrers, and not worth my time. 

Saying that... you are correct in your assessment. ? 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ALF said:

That was the point of smearing him.  One of many. That's all this was.  A political hitjob.

22 minutes ago, TH3 said:

You must love living in our world...a mans world...almost time for you to go make your man a sandwich!

Ah, Baskin. Different name, same lowlife piece of schiff poster.

• Like (+1) 1