Let's Eliminate ICE and....

42 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is, of course, true.

What it doesn't mean, however, is that Big Agriculture subsidy is the right way to do it.

Im not in love with the military industrial complex but we need F35s and subs and so I don’t rail against it. Necessary evils. 

37 minutes ago, snafu said:

The EPA.  Have State EPAs organize into Districts where their interests overlap.

Department of Education should be gone, except maybe to oversee Colleges and Universities since there is a lot of crossing of State lines with students.

There are currently 23 Cabinet Members, and 15 Executive Branch Agencies https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-trump-administration/the-cabinet/

There is a lot of redundant redundancy with the Cabinet.

The Department of Education and Department of the VA were elevated to cabinet-level positions by Carter as a political stunt. There is no reason that either VA or Education needs to be separate. I'd wager you could cut down the Cabinet to 10-12 members without skipping a beat.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You know who else said that?

Hitler.  

Lots of people have said that. I’m not striking on ideology, just common sense. 

And considering the food shortages in Germany during WWI, of course Hitler would know that universal lesson. 

36 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Im not in love with the military industrial complex but we need F35s and subs and so I don’t rail against it. Necessary evils. 

That's not a very good comparison.

F35s didn't exist before Lockheed Martin.  Bread has been being made for about 8000 years.

Big Agriculture exists for the benefit of Big Agriculture.  We don't need them at all, much less to subsidize their existence.

47 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

There is a lot of redundant redundancy with the Cabinet.

The Department of Education and Department of the VA were elevated to cabinet-level positions by Carter as a political stunt. There is no reason that either VA or Education needs to be separate. I'd wager you could cut down the Cabinet to 10-12 members without skipping a beat.

You can say that again.

26 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's not a very good comparison.

F35s didn't exist before Lockheed Martin.  Bread has been being made for about 8000 years.

Big Agriculture exists for the benefit of Big Agriculture.  We don't need them at all, much less to subsidize their existence.

If you’re trying to make the argument that agriculture needs to not be in the hands of huge conglomerates I’m not gonna argue with you. Every state needs to be able to feed itself in my opinion, and that means family run farms. I’d like to take steps to move in that direction. The Romans frequently were subject to grain shortages when **** hit the fan in Sicily or Africa because Italy couldn’t feed Rome. But hey, they had olives and wine. 

I advocate for victory gardens and backyard chickens for every house. 

• Like (+1) 1