Joe B: 53 Man Roster Projection - Final

Early Bills 53-man roster projection

Derek Kramer @DerekKramerWGR

With only one week before all rosters are cut down to 53 players, the Bills have two more preseason games to play to finalize their roster. Before the preseason wraps with with two games in five days, here is a too early projection of the Bills roster come September 1st.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Joe B: 53 Man Roster Projection - Final
1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So our #7 overall pick isn’t ready to Start... so he’s going to be buried to #3?

How about doesn’t have to supporting cast around him quit yet, still has a lot to learn, but I’d say let him be #2, and if it’s a must he gets in and takes his bumps and bruises.

Ill be kind of annoyed if they keep 3 QBs. 

51 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

So our #7 overall pick isn’t ready to Start... so he’s going to be buried to #3?

How about doesn’t have to supporting cast around him quit yet, still has a lot to learn, but I’d say let him be #2, and if it’s a must he gets in and takes his bumps and bruises.

Ill be kind of annoyed if they keep 3 QBs. 

Allen will not be #3.

Bills' 53-man roster projection includes keeping 3 QBs, cutting Corey Coleman

Sean McDermott looked like he was coaching in a playoff game Thursday as he watched his team fight to the end to pull out a victory that will be forgotten by the middle of this week. It was an indication that he deeply appreciated the effort his players gave, and it probably makes a bit more difficult a few of the decisions he and general manager Brandon Beane must make to pare the roster down to the NFL-mandated 53-man limit by 4 p.m. Saturday.

But in reality, very little that transpired during Buffalo’s four practice games had much of an impact on how the roster will be selected. McDermott and Beane probably had about 40 of the spots decided before the Bills even arrived at St. John Fisher College in late July, and all but perhaps the final three or four positions were likely penciled in before A.J. McCarron’s “legendary” comeback – his word, not mine – in Chicago.

What follows is the 53-man team I would pick, with the caveat being that the players occupying the bottom of the roster should not sign any apartment leases yet because the Bills will most likely alter some things once the waiver wire goes live.