[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (15-6-2) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 24 vs. DET at 7 PM ET on 11/24; Eight Straight!

From the Locker Room: Sabres-Canadiens

USATSI_11719440_168382964_lowres.jpg?ito

Jeff Skinner and the Sabres continued their remarkable run on Friday, rallying to beat the Montreal Canadiens 3-2 in overtime. Skinner provided the game-tying and game-winning goals, the latter of which came with the man advantage, giving him a league-leading 17 goals. Casey Mittelstadt opened the scoring with his fourth goal of the season. Hear from Skinner, Mittelstadt and Zach Bogosian after Buffalo's victory.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm beginning to think we got the better out of that Skinner trade.

By a mile, if he’s re-signed. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Figured that’s what would happen when they announced Scandella was playing. Bummer. I was hoping to see what he could do. But he will see games with the Sabres at some point this season. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Does anyone know how much one of these boxes cost for a game? 

I believe they run $4000-$7000 per game. They are super expensive. 

I get suite tickets once once in a while, but I don’t pay for them. Its definitely a great experience - all sorts of free food and drinks/alcohol etc, but there’s better ways to spend that much money... lol. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

cut.jpg

Game Preview: 11/24/18 at Detroit

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

Game Notes NHL Stats

LAST GAME
Friday, November 23
Montreal 2 at Buffalo 3 (OT)
Goals: Skinner (2), Mittelstadt
Goalie: Hutton (31 saves/33 shots)
PP: 1/4; PK: 1/2; Shots: Buffalo 40 – Montreal 33

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 78)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 23 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 23 games
Patrik Berglund (upper body, Oct. 21; injured reserve) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/21: Recalled D Lawrence Pilut from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Patrik Berglund on IR
11/23: Assigned D Lawrence Pilut to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Nov. 27: San Jose at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 29: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 30: Buffalo at Florida, 7 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 3: Buffalo at Nashville, 8 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 4: Toronto at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at RED WINGS
  • This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Red Wings this season.
  • Last meeting: Detroit defeated Buffalo 6-3 in Buffalo on March 29
  • Next meeting: Saturday, Feb. 9 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings; 4-5-1 on the road
  • This is the 138th game all-time between Buffalo and Detroit; Buffalo has a 60-59-18 series record.
  • The Sabres are 23-39-8 at home against the Red Wings all-time.

The Red Wings play their second game in as many nights as they begin a three-game homestand tonight with a matchup against the Buffalo Sabres at Little Caesars Arena  Follow the action
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The schedule is really loaded with a lot of games in a short time span. It is really compressed. There's not not much time to get the aches and bruises healed. In our recent western trip the Sabres played three games in four days' They then returned home for a short break and now are playing back to back with one home game and won road game. This has become a sport where it is a requirement that  rosters be filled with a lot of young legs.

What was not acknowledged too much in the Montreal game was that Skinner's winning goal came off a Dahlin shot that was on net. The young Swede's role has steadily been increased. Already it is fair to say that he is an instrumental player. He's so smooth that you don't notice him as much compared to Eichel and Skinner who are more explosive players. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (15-6-2) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 24 vs. DET (10-10-2) at 7 PM ET on 11/24; Eight Straight!
13 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Check out this luxury box from today's game: Loni Anderson, Dr.Johnny Fever, Blair from Facts of Life, Dance Fever's Denny Terrio and a whole bunch of Brady kids - the Sabres are pulling them in from all over these days.

image.jpeg

Blair=. hard yes

loni= drunk yes

BTW, I was a big shot and sat in a suite for 2nd half of game yesterday! Free Beer!!!!!! My buddy had the seats. His son sat there for first 30, then I did last 30. 

He said everyone in there there was quiet as a church mouse till I showed up.?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Blair=. hard yes

loni= drunk yes

BTW, I was a big shot and sat in a suite for 2nd half of game yesterday! Free Beer!!!!!! My buddy had the seats. His son sat there for first 30, then I did last 30. 

He said everyone in there there was quiet as a church mouse till I showed up.?

Then they all stood up and starting throwing things at you and yelling in unison get this sneaky trespasser out of our selective box!  Your engaging personality is sometimes not working. I guess it depend on the audience.:)

Just now, JohnC said:

Then they all stood up and starting throwing things at you and yelling in unison get this sneaky trespasser out of our selective box!  Your engaging personality is sometimes not working. I guess it depend on the audience.:)

nah..they all were appreciative of me. Before i rolled in, they thought it was against decorum to shout and scream. I , OTOH, don't know what decorum is!!! So once I started yelling at the ref and chanting Lets go Buffalo..they said damn, he is doing it, guess its okay for me to cheer too!!