[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pretty ironic that he crashed into a Tim Horton's establishment given how the namesake expired. 

Don't get me started on that!! Not to long ago on here I made my point I think its a travesty there is a statue of a guy who played one year in Buffalo and killed himself cause he was driving hammered and stoned. And I am old enough that I still remember watching Horton play and the argument back then was if he ws the strongest guy in the NHL...we all loved him!

Now, onto ROR. I just finished a workout and listened to the first hour of GR this morning. They referenced this article

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-bergevin-came-close-hitting-marks-draft-weekend/

Wow, ROR was going for the 11th pick had the board fallen differently???? I can't believe that's all they could get..and tells me they want him gone and outta that room. 

Edited by plenzmd1

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Don't get me started on that!! Not to long ago on here I made my point I think its a travesty there is a statue of a guy who played one year in Buffalo and killed himself cause he was driving hammered and stoned. And I am old enough that I still remember watching Horton play and the argument back then was if he ws the strongest guy in the NHL...we all loved him!

But hey, he's still a choir boy compared to what the Bills have up on the wall.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, let's just say that his Tim Hortons gaffe of yore isn't exactly an isolated incident.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty common knowledge ROR hits the bottle early and often.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, let's just say that his Tim Hortons gaffe of yore isn't exactly an isolated incident.

He's married now and has a child. The schedule for maturity is not the same for everyone. Some people are simply late bloomers. The problem with ROR is because of his personality he has a tendency to internalize pressure as compared to Jack the Ripper Eichel who is better at externalizing his frustrations and venting it out. As I have said before consistent losing can be corrosive. It can create an oppressive and dispiriting environment to work in. It might be better for ROR to be moved and have a fresh start somewhere else. However, if the trade value isn't there then he will stay. If that is the case then it will require him to suck it up and more positively channel his efforts. 

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

FWIW

I do think it's a foregone conclusion that ROR is gone at this point. 

I am pretty nervous about what the return is going to be though with some of these recent reports. Especially if he's moved before that July 1 bonus. 

I am trying to prepare myself for an underwhelming return. Hopefully I am pleasantly surprised. 

The Sabres Get: LW Conor Sheary and D Matt Hunwick
Sheary, 26, is a small skilled winger who has tallied 41 goals in 140 games over the past two seasons, though his most common linemate, by far, over the past two years has been Sidney Crosby, so it’s reasonable to surmise that Sheary’s production is a function of time spent on the wing with No. 87.

Verdict: This may set the Penguins up for a future move but taking this deal in a vacuum means that the Sabres are getting a viable middle-six winger at a relatively low cost, an upgrade for a Sabres team that needs more talent.

44 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I am pretty nervous about what the return is going to be though with some of these recent reports. Especially if he's moved before that July 1 bonus.

The bonus is meaningless at this point.  Buffalo can make the trade today while still paying the bonus.  It would be listed as future considerations and then once the bonus has been paid, those future considerations are officially announced as O'Reilly.  That or they reach a deal and then just wait the couple days to make it official.

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Rumor is to St Louis for Robert Thomas (not Matchbox 20) and Jake Allen.  Sabres eat $7.5M of this year's salary.

Allen 3 more years at $4.3. Livable I guess. 

I know zero zero on Thomas 

12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Rumor is to St Louis for Robert Thomas (not Matchbox 20) and Jake Allen.  Sabres eat $7.5M of this year's salary.

So in other words, they would be paying the bonus this year.  That's what you can expect from any deal they make for O'Reilly.