Disney Hotels

tmk-nj

We're planning our next Disneyworld trip for this Fall. We've stayed at the Polynesian (twice) and the Contemporary once. They are the "deluxe" hotels and cost "big bucks".

I'd like to get some feedback here on where people have stayed and what they recommend.

I was thinking of trying The Carribean Beach Resort or maybe even The Swan or Dolphin.

Thanks!

Tom

tmk-nj

We're planning our next Disneyworld trip for this Fall.   We've stayed at the Polynesian (twice) and the Contemporary once.  They are the "deluxe" hotels and cost "big bucks". 

I'd like to get some feedback here on where people have stayed and what they recommend. 

I was thinking of trying The Carribean Beach Resort or maybe even The Swan or Dolphin.

Thanks!

Tom

tmk-nj

276257[/snapback]

Port Orleans is great, has a fantastic pool(especially if you have kids) and was just remodeled last year. Also, you will not break the bank for a nights stay.

BOARDWALK.

Stay at the Boardwalk on the concierge floor. You will NOT regret it.

That was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. Wish I knew where they got them. Also, the service was impeccable, our concierge helped us with dinner plans and innumerable other things.

All in all it was a great trip, and the staff of the Boardwalk made it that way.

We stayed at Grand Floridian and my company at the time handled the arrangements. I paid for a regular room there and they upgraded my out of their pocket to main building concierge level. All I can say is wow. Beutiful hotel, on the tram, close to everything and has everything there you need. The concierge level was great that had food, wine, liquor, breakfast, everything litterally outside my door all day long, for free. Rooms were clean, and large. I really can't say how nice it was. It was just amazing.

I was never at the Hotel the times I went , other than to sleep . So why overpay ?  The Value resorts ( All Star- Music, Sports,Movies ) do just fine.

276274[/snapback]

I agree. We stayed at the Days Inn with a free shuttle to the parks and back. We only slept there so we saved the extra money for stuff at the park.

I was never at the Hotel the times I went , other than to sleep . So why overpay ?  The Value resorts ( All Star- Music, Sports,Movies ) do just fine.

276274[/snapback]

I agree and overpay is an understatement. That being said, if money is no object and you want the best Disney has to offer, stay at the top resorts on site(Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, etc...)

276274[/snapback]

Depends on how old the kids are. We had a 4 year old, and you just cannot go all day. So you want someplace on the tram and close so you can go back for an hour or two for naps. And since as an adult you'll be awake probably , you want something with some room to move around so the children can sleep. If you have only older kids then I agree.

If you don't require the Hotel atmosphere they have a great Camping area where you can park an RV, Pitch a tent or even rent one their own RV's. We did this a couple of times when the kids were young and we lived in Pensacola. It was much cheaper and no driving in every day ( if you are off the grounds ) . Just walk a short distance take a little train to the ferry and off you go to THE MAGIC KINGDOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually has a pretty nice little water park for a mid week change of pace if you are so inclined.

Have stayed at Carribean, Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom, and Wilderness Lodge (twice). Wilderness Lodge is my favorite - not only for the resort itself but also it is convenient to get to Magic Kingdom - you just hop on a boat. Animal kingdom is really nice but it is a bit off the beaten track - takes a little longer to get to the other parks (besides Animal Kingdom of course).

I know a lot of people like to save money by staying off site. It depends on your money situation - for me I can afford to splurge every once in a while and when I take a vacation - esp. a place like Disney - my attitude is that I'm just not going to worry about saving/spending money and am just going to enjoy myself.

Port Orleans is great, has a fantastic pool(especially if you have kids) and was just remodeled last year.  Also, you will not break the bank for a nights stay.

276259[/snapback]

Consider this another vote for Port Orleans.

We were originally booked to stay at one of the moderate resorts when we went in 2001. However, after lull in travelling after the the terrorist attacks, they closed down a couple of resorts and bumped us up to the Deluxe Beach Club.

We had a wonderful stay and just loved the location. We were right at the entrance to the International part of Epcot, so we could go down there every night to watch the fireworks and check out all the countries a little at a time. We could walk over to the Boardwalk to check stuff out and even to MGM (a little farther though) without too much trouble. (There was also a boat shuttle to go there.) They had busses to get to the other parks, but we would sometimes just go through Epcot and pick up the tram.

At the resort itself is this incredible sand-bottom swimming pool, that is really like 7 pools intertwined together.

We loved the Beach resort and were so glad to have been upgraded to this great location.

Depends on how old the kids are.  We had a 4 year old, and you just cannot go all day.  So you want someplace on the tram and close so you can go back for an hour or two for naps.  And since as an adult you'll be awake probably , you want something with some room to  move around so the children can sleep.  If you have only older kids then I agree.

276285[/snapback]

Agree with this totally. We went last august with a 5 and three year old, and made sure we had naps every day. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and agree with the other poster that your room can seem a mile away. However, I disagree about the bit about getting back there. Yes, there is a differance in time from some of the other hotels that are closer, but it took 8 minutes to get to Magic Kingdom instaed of 4. The bus system was great, we had absolutely no problems with it, even after the fireworks at night when the park closed and everyone left at once.

One other comment. I think the hour that the parks open early to guests staying on the grounds is almost priceless. For instance, at the magic kindom, we were able to do Dumbo, Peter Pan(twice), Winnie the Pooh, and Philharmagic all within one hr, and not using fast pass. In Epcot did Mission Space and TestTrac twice in the first hr, again not using fast pass. Animal kingdom was great. Get on the sfari with no wait, early in the morning, and then get to Cali River rapids and Dinosaur all with no waits. Big advantage to staying on site.

I would definetley look for a book written by some dude(cant rememberhis name) that also gives you the best way for touring the parks.

We're planning our next Disneyworld trip for this Fall.  We've stayed at the Polynesian (twice) and the Contemporary once.  They are the "deluxe" hotels and cost "big bucks". 

Thanks!

Tom

tmk-nj

276257[/snapback]

We stayed last year at the Carribean Beach Resort. We found it to reasonably priced (for staying on property) and extremely convenient in terms of location. The pool and beach area were nice and there are a number of "Food Court" style restaurants there. The rooms were very nice. While some of the other hotels looked more upscale, I think with small kids, this gave us the convenience without paying for surroundings that our (5 at the time) son would not appreciate.