Disney Hotels

tmk-nj

I would definetley look for a book written by some dude(cant rememberhis name) that also gives you the best way for touring the parks.

276425[/snapback]

We bought that book for our next trip. There are tips in there that will make the book pay for itself.

One thing you'll want to consider if you work for a big company is to see if they have an employee lounge (or at least employee discounts). Many of the partners/sponsors of exhibits have employee lounges in the sponsored exhibit where employees can rest and automatically be first in line for the ride. I know my company has that.

This is where we always stay http://www.qualitysuitesmaingate.com/ It's about 10 minutes away, the suites allow you to stretch out and if you use the kitchen you can have snacks/drinks after a day the house of the mouse. There are also 2 bathrooms which is a huge plus in my book. LArge pool, free breakfast and a complimentary happy hour for the guests.

I have also stayed at the grand floridian and to be perfectly honest I like the Main Gate East better.

We bought that book for our next trip.  There are tips in there that will make the book pay for itself.

One thing you'll want to consider if you work for a big company is to see if they have an employee lounge (or at least employee discounts).  Many of the partners/sponsors of exhibits have employee lounges in the sponsored exhibit where employees can rest and automatically be first in line for the ride.  I know my company has that.

276445[/snapback]

Thats cool, i didnt know that. That book made a world of differance in our trip. Used fastpass at the right times, saved us cash, etc. Also was good in relating the rides to your childs age, as it was the first time we were there. Was good to know to keep the younger one out of things likes a Bugs Life. Little dude would have freaked at the movie.

BTW, forgot the intent of the original post, and when blathering on in my last post. However, while I have never stayed there, many of my friends who have gone multiple times and stayed in varios hotels on property have stated that the wilderness lodge has been their favorite. Not sure of the price, but that is what I have heard

Last year we took the Famliy to Disney to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the kids loved it (7,5,3 yrs old). Our room had a great view of where the animals roam and the kids would get up early every morning to see them. Like another poster stated staying on Disney has it's advantages, special early park openings, free shuttles to the parks, activities at the hotels.

I would reccomend getting Biranbaums(sp) Disney Guide book to help you plan your trip. We were able to book special lunches and dinners with the characters which I understand book up quick.

We stayed at Grand Floridian I've stayed there too, and unless someone else handles the finances you'll need to donate a kidney or take out a second mortgage.

276454[/snapback]

When we stayed there is was only 1 of 27 five star hotels in the whole world. I believe the US actually only had 3 or 4 of them at the time.

Again we were planning on Carib beach, but our company travel convinced me to pay an extra 100 bucks for the 5 days we were there. When we got there though the company had seriously upgraded us, to were the room cost was probably double or triple was one of the non-main building rooms were.

We actually spent only 1900 for 4 nights, that included all the tickets for 5 days, transfers with Mears, etc... Now that was a few years back, but when I checked it out the main building concierge would have run us over 4000 if we paid ourselves. Like I said the company really took care of us on that trip.

go with the all-star resorts(music & sports) they have beds and a bathroom and are priced accordingly. why spend the big bucks on rooms, you certainly won't be spending much time in them. save the money for the parks and attractions. fwiw.

We're planning our next Disneyworld trip for this Fall.  We've stayed at the Polynesian (twice) and the Contemporary once.  They are the "deluxe" hotels and cost "big bucks". 

I'd like to get some feedback here on where people have stayed and what they recommend. 

I was thinking of trying The Carribean Beach Resort or maybe even The Swan or Dolphin.

Thanks!

Tom

tmk-nj

276257[/snapback]

We bought that book for our next trip.  There are tips in there that will make the book pay for itself.

One thing you'll want to consider if you work for a big company is to see if they have an employee lounge (or at least employee discounts).  Many of the partners/sponsors of exhibits have employee lounges in the sponsored exhibit where employees can rest and automatically be first in line for the ride.  I know my company has that.

276445[/snapback]

Actually, we took it out of the library! It was definately worth it!

By the way, the Wilderness Cabins are Nice house trailors in the campground. We bought groceries on the way there and basically and ate breakfast and supper there... Nothing special, just stuff to tide you over. Plus, they were cheaper than even the economy rooms.

We tried to make our lunch reservations at ~3:00PM. I think the lunch prices were significantly cheaper than the supper prices...

I recommend Port Orleans - Riverside.

If you spend any time at all at the hotel/resort, I think you will find it much more enjoyable than the Value/All-Star resorts. There is nothing wrong with the All-Star resorts, but you do get what you pay for. I found that Riverside was less crowded (pool, restaurants, buses, etc.) and was more relaxing.

I'm all for staying on Disney Property - it really completes the experience

My girlfriendis a disney freak. Loves it all, and knows it all. I've picked up a little since then, so let me tell you this neat trick.

Stay at the hotel of your choice for one night. While you're at the park the next day, the staff will move your bags to a new hotel at no charge, and you can try a different hotel every night.

Port Orleans is great, has a fantastic pool(especially if you have kids) and was just remodeled last year.  Also, you will not break the bank for a nights stay.

276259[/snapback]

We stayed at the Port Orleans on our honeymoon. I loved it! Sassagoula's, I think that's the restaurant's name, is incredible. The pool is nice, especially if you go when it's really hot, like we did (mid September). The scenery is beautiful and the service, like just about everywhere else in Disney, is first rate.

My girlfriendis a disney freak. Loves it all, and knows it all. I've picked up a little since then, so let me tell you this neat trick.

Stay at the hotel of your choice for one night. While you're at the park the next day, the staff will move your bags to a new hotel at no charge, and you can try a different hotel every night.

276893[/snapback]

Do they charge you for the difference in room rate? Is it for comp rooms only, or can you go to All star and move up to GF?

I worked down there for the summer of 02 at the World Center Marriott just down the street from LBV Village and Downtown Disney. I would suggest to stay somewhere in Disney because of the breaks you can get, but if you want to stay off property, that is probably the nicest hotel around. It's basically its own resort. Tons of great restaurants, bars, huge pool area, own golf course, etc. It's close to Disney, too. It's a little expensive, but it's worth it if you can spend it.