McDougle gone, Pace probably traded

JP-era

Guys, the damn fins were 17 mil over and now have landed McDougal and T Jones. Yet we were 9 mill under and have signed squat, (well we signed our clipboard holder).

This isnt a team that is rebuilding in so many areas that it doesnt matter. This is a team that was one game away from the playoffs.

I just have no frikkin clue who we are going to have protecting JP's blindside next year. Pace is set to be dealt, theres no one left in FA worth that much. WTF!

The sky isnt falling, I still trust TD and McN but this doesnt look very good on the cover. Maybe they feel they already have there starting LT (Teague or Williams). I would consider both to be questionable as solid LT's at this point.

TD is talking up the guys in the draft, he tends to be a straight shooter and maybe McN sees a future stud T, G, or C that will be at their pick, it could be. But, do they really expect that draftee to come in here and not get big penalties or blow calls in the first year? How many 1st downs can we give up because of sacks and/or penalties?

I just dont see it. We cleared all that cap space and have done squat with it. Its not over by a long shot and TD slammed guys like me and others by saying that FA isnt over until training camp. Its well put, but is he banking on high priced studs to get released after June 1? Most of those guys are 30 somethings who are past there prime. I guess I wouldnt mind a Larry Allen type while some draftee is being groomed.

You just have to admit that on the cover this looks like an ultra conservative offseason which may turn out to put us back as far as overall talent, not forward.

Dude chill, the bills do not want to overpay for other people's trash. Pace is just solidifying a position for the rams to re-sign him. There is no way that they let him go, he just wants to get a better contract. There is no need to jump at every fish in the sea and look silly in front of the league.

Opening day is roughly 6 months away. The brass at OBD are well aware of our roster needs and will probably provide the answers over the next couple of months. Just because they didn't go on a spending spree in the first 2 weeks doesn't mean the 2005 season is lost. I'm not impressed with any other teams signings so far. Most Free Agents were vastly overpaid.

Keep perpetuating the hysteria.

Guys, the damn fins were 17 mil over and now have landed McDougal and T Jones. Yet we were 9 mill under and have signed squat, (well we signed our clipboard holder).

This isnt a team that is rebuilding in so many areas that it doesnt matter. This is a team that was one game away from the playoffs.

Like you said we aren't a team that is rebuilding. If we aren't rebuilding why do you need big name free agents?

276201[/snapback]

Please show me some evidence that shows we are 9 milion under the cap? :blink:

276201[/snapback]

And a valuable clipboard holder he is. It's nice to have that kind of insurance just in case a player would do something stupid like run into the QB and break his leg during the preseason. I'm not saying that could happen, but it's good to have a contingency plan just in case some freakish thing like that were to ever occur.