Should Tommy Robinson be freed?

11 minutes ago, #34fan said:

How?... The refugee population has nowhere to go but to OTHER European countries... Fixing Syria might help.

For the most part though, the European Muslim is there to stay.

All that's needed is the will to act to eject those who are refugees, and destroy the sense of entitlement of those who aren't. How is that accomplished?

Remove the cowards running their countries.

Oh wait. Can't do that when you're an unarmed population. Oh well, slow genocide it is!

Edited by joesixpack

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

I never said it was trivial.

I just think from a tactical standpoint, it's a little late...  I don't think there's any longer a choice between religious violence or not. -Just an option to perpetually postpone...

That's the deal, as I see it... Peace or war.

It's not what you want to hear but aspects of European culture, colonialism, hedgemony, and Imperialism. helped spawn this nightmare.

One of the reasons, I'd like to see Tommy out, is because IMO, he's far LESS dangerous alive... YEARS of Anti-Muslim Rhetoric, plus spearheading the EDL

make him a target in the joint.  -I'm not certain what consequences a dead Tommy Robinson would bring..

Before we go any further with this, I'd like to sincerely thank you for toning down the rhetoric, and engaging me in what I believe has been a productive conversation.

I understand that there may be lots of issues we fundamentally disagree on, and that's OK.  Just because conversations are difficult to have doesn't mean they aren't worthwhile.  In fact, I often find that the most difficult conversations are the most worthwhile.  So again, thank you.  I hope this can be the beginning of a more productive environment, at least where the two of us are involved.

Now, onto your post:

It may well be too late for Europe to proceed without bloodshed tactically, and obviously that will vary wildly from country to country.  But when given a choice between cultural annihilation, and war, I believe it's just to choose war.  Peace at any cost is too high a cost.  Rights are something worth fighting for.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

56 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It may well be too late for Europe to proceed without bloodshed tactically, and obviously that will vary wildly from country to country.  But when given a choice between cultural annihilation, and war, I believe it's just to choose war.  Peace at any cost is too high a cost.  Rights are something worth fighting for.

:huh: No compromise?

I mean is the notion of 100% free speech worth armed conflict?... -There's an argument for the whole concept being both disingenuous AND overrated.

In the US we're raised with the notion of free speech as a shining Ideal, but travel abroad, and you'll find it's considered silly in ALOT of places.

You may also find that the people in some of these places remain happy regardless.

My personal take is that the balance lies somewhere in between...

The English are nothing if not reasonable... -To a fault, often... Who's to say that a little LESS free speech on both sides won't aide respectful coexistence?

FTR, that means locking-up the extremist calling for jihad and the killing of UK/U.S. military personnel IMMEDIATELY.

Unfortunately, it also means jailing the hot Canadian blonde outside the mosque with the blasphemous poster.

Given the UK's situation, that seems to be the better course.

Edited by #34fan

15 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I mean is the notion of 100% free speech worth armed conflict?... -There's an argument for the whole concept being both disingenuous AND overrated.

In the US we're raised with the notion of free speech as a shining Ideal, but travel abroad, and you'll find it's considered silly in ALOT of places.

You may also find that the people in some of these places remain happy regardless.

The English are nothing if not reasonable... -To a fault, often... Who's to say that a little LESS free speech on both sides won't aide respectful coexistence?

FTR, that means locking-up the extremist calling for jihad and the killing of UK/U.S. military personnel IMMEDIATELY.

Unfortunately, it also means jailing the hot Canadian blonde outside the mosque with the blasphemous poster.

Yes but you see... the Islamic types have their speech protected as a minority. That’s a luxury anti Islamic activists aren’t afforded in the UK.  So your idea sounds peachy but it’s not the reality in execution.

which is why we can never EVER allow a sizable Islamic minority in this country.

its also why we can never allow the leftist machinery in schools and universities to control speech in this country. By any means necessary.

Edited by joesixpack

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Yes but you see... the Islamic types have their speech protected as a minority. That’s a luxury anti Islamic activists aren’t afforded in the UK.  So your idea sounds peachy but it’s not the reality in execution.

:huh: Oh i definitely wouldn't say they're a minority is some towns...

And their speech isn't protected it's RECORDED. -there's anti-terror raids fairly regularly... Between Muslim extremists, and Neo Nazis, the cops stay pretty busy.

7 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:huh: Oh i definitely wouldn't say they're a minority is some towns...

And their speech isn't protected it's RECORDED. -there's anti-terror raids fairly regularly... Between Muslim extremists, and Neo Nazis, the cops stay pretty busy.

Just as an example--No-go zones in Sweden:

no go sweden.jpg

Edited by 3rdnlng

4 hours ago, #34fan said:

I'm for 71.3% free speech.

WTF?

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm for 71.3% free speech.

WTF?

More like 95.8%.... And I was referring to the UK and Western Europe's particular situation...

The contiguous United States has a population of Muslims currently numbering around 3.3 million... That's in an area of 9.5 million sq. Km.

The U.K. has roughly the same amount of Muslims in about 244,000 sq. Km.... Willful disrespect in such close quarters would have very different consequences.

Curtailing some forms of free speech, could be a way of mitigating the potential for religious violence. -That's all I was suggesting.

Edited by #34fan

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

History suggests that increases the odds of violence. 

Who's history?

Does Charlie Hebdo happen if there's a line drawn that people shouldn't cross?

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Who's history?

Does Charlie Hebdo happen if there's a line drawn that people shouldn't cross?

Charlie hebdo doesn’t happen if you don’t tolerate the existence of Islam in the West. Charlie hebdo has done many MANY more and worse criticisms of Catholicism  yet no Catholics came and shot the place up. The problem doesn’t lie with free speech. It lies in tolerance of Islam. 

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

More like 95.8%.... And I was referring to the UK and Western Europe's particular situation...

The contiguous United States has a population of Muslims currently numbering around 3.3 million... That's in an area of 9.5 million sq. Km.

The U.K. has roughly the same amount of Muslims in about 244,000 sq. Km.... Willful disrespect in such close quarters would have very different consequences.

Curtailing some forms of free speech, could be a way of mitigating the potential for religious violence. -That's all I was suggesting.

Well spoken and thought provoking, but even curtailed freedoms should be codified.  I'd suggest:

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their geographic concentration of Muslims with a high percentage of mutable rights which exclude discussion of sex trafficking........

you can take it from there.

Edited by 4merper4mer

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

Ah, the eurosissy comes out and talks about square kilometers but your arguments are as feeble as your brain. Why don't you compare the UK to Michigan?

49 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That's berlin, which -- last I checked, is in Germany.

:P

And it's a map of assaults against Africans in Berlin, printed in warning brochures for African soccer fans traveling to Berlin.

Basically, it's a map of "no-go" zones for immigrants, not Germans.