How long do you keep leftovers in the frig?

12 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

if you like to keep food that long..get a vacuum sealer!!! Best $75 you will ever spend!

Nah, I'm good, it all gets eaten.

11 hours ago, Yo no se said:

Next day for Me. If it's not eaten by then, it goes in the trash.

It's probably because of my mom. She's the type that would keep the fridge full of old food. Half of it moldy. It always disgusted me.

She would even go so far as to scrape mold off of pieces of bread, and still eat it. Made me gag every time I saw it.

That's what made them tougher.

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Organs are generally good for 6-8 days. Meat a day or so sooner.

Brains go in the freezer and any other delicacies are prepared and cooked right away.

stay away from the brains , never know if there is prions in there.

• 3 weeks later...

As a kid in 2nd grade my thermos had a crack and my milk soured before lunch. We discovered this while looking into my daily puking. I do not do milk past the due date. The sniff test can save you with milk and fish. Fish should never smell fishy. 

3-4 days on almost everything, depending on the leftover. I only make a single meals worth of fish. The dog starts getting some small portions of meat over his dry food after the 4 day mark.

I also eat every leftover cold. I think it tastes better than reheated. I mean every leftover, from steak, to soup, to chilli, to restaurant leftovers.....everything.

On May 11, 2018 at 6:23 AM, Yo no se said:

Next day for Me. If it's not eaten by then, it goes in the trash.

It's probably because of my mom. She's the type that would keep the fridge full of old food. Half of it moldy. It always disgusted me.

She would even go so far as to scrape mold off of pieces of bread, and still eat it. Made me gag every time I saw it.

Your mom would have done quite well in the British navy of the 18th century.

:lol: