SpaceX

Infinitum

This is the Falcon 9, not the Falcon heavy.  This is the rocket that later this year, will take Astronauts to the ISS (first time ever to be done by a private space company).  This is the first flight of the Falcon 9 "Block 5", meaning this is the newest, and last revision to this model.  Unfortunately, looks like it won't launch today...

5 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

This is the Falcon 9, not the Falcon heavy.  This is the rocket that later this year, will take Astronauts to the ISS (first time ever to be done by a private space company).  This is the first flight of the Falcon 9 "Block 5", meaning this is the newest, and last revision to this model.  Unfortunately, looks like it won't launch today...

Figured it was something like that since it was a satellite and it would be a waste to use the Falcon heavy for something in low Earth orbit.

1 minute ago, Infinitum said:

The heavy launched a Tesla into space a few months back, was pretty impressive.  This is not even the rocket going to Mars, that will be the BFR "Big Falcon Rocket"

Yeah I'm sure the F stands for Falcon.

5 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

The heavy launched a Tesla into space a few months back, was pretty impressive.  This is not even the rocket going to Mars, that will be the BFR "Big Falcon Rocket"

Those boosters absolutely sticking the landings is still the coolest thing I've seen all year.  

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah I'm sure the F stands for Falcon.

Of course, as in "Yippie Kay-Yay, Mr. Falcon."

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Update: Todays was a success, just watched. 1st booster landed on the drone ship and the Bangladesh satellite was deployed successful. :thumbsup:

Just wish the camera wasn't spazzing out during the landing.

This has been a real opportunity to keep my kids interested in space exploration.  I follow along with my 8 year old son, as he is particularly interested.  I was so pissed, the day they launched the Falcon Heavy, that they didn’t even talk about it in school.  I wrote an email to the teacher making my displeasure known.  

Learning about space and space travel was so interesting to me as a kid.  Kids today don’t have this.  It’s very sad.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This has been a real opportunity to keep my kids interested in space exploration.  I follow along with my 8 year old son, as he is particularly interested.  I was so pissed, the day they launched the Falcon Heavy, that they didn’t even talk about it in school.  I wrote an email to the teacher making my displeasure known.  

Learning about space and space travel was so interesting to me as a kid.  Kids today don’t have this.  It’s very sad.

I know right a bigger development then when they made the space shuttle and you had to be actively paying attention to know.

The drone feed shortly after it cleared the tower was incredible yesterday. I've watched the vast majority of their launches, and I'm always impressed by the quality of their live feed production.

Next launch is on the 19th. I don't think that one is a B5 booster though.