Cohen Recieved Big Money From Russian Oligarch

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

This whole thing is so fricken stupid.  If they can prove Trump knowingly approved Cohen's deal to set up a shell company to pay off the National Enquirer (who paid McDougal for the story) to bury the McDougal it two months before the election then it would be a campaign law violation because he didn't report it to the FEC.  Even though it's Trump's money it would be considered a felony.  I don't think it will amount to anything as John Edwards was found innocent when charged with using campaign finance money in 2008 to cover up his affair.  They had a much stronger case against Edwards than Trump. 

It would be nice if the media just ignored most of this and focusing on Trump/Russian collusion.  You know.  The original reason for the Special Counsel. 

There's not much doubt that there was a campaign finance felony that will be prosecuted. It's why Cohen is being so cooperative. He's hoping to exchange everything he knows, which is probably a lot of dirt unrelated to POTUS Trump but related to The Donald, to lessen his inevitable sentence.

To paraphrase Sarah Huckabee Sanders this week, most of us can keep more than one story in our minds. The bigger issue, if there is one, is the Russian collusion of which there's been little to no evidence. I don't know if that's because Mueller has nothing, or because he's running a tight investigation (which credit to him, he is). On that front, I am curious to see the report when it comes. I suspect it will show some high-level contacts and a lot of influence peddling and nothing directly linking DT to Russian collusion.   

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

There's not much doubt that there was a campaign finance felony that will be prosecuted. It's why Cohen is being so cooperative. He's hoping to exchange everything he knows, which is probably a lot of dirt unrelated to POTUS Trump but related to The Donald, to lessen his inevitable sentence.

To paraphrase Sarah Huckabee Sanders this week, most of us can keep more than one story in our minds. The bigger issue, if there is one, is the Russian collusion of which there's been little to no evidence. I don't know if that's because Mueller has nothing, or because he's running a tight investigation (which credit to him, he is). On that front, I am curious to see the report when it comes. I suspect it will show some high-level contacts and a lot of influence peddling and nothing directly linking DT to Russian collusion.   

Lol tight investigation.  That is your assessment one hour after commenting on the leaked audio?

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

I agree.  I think Mueller's report will focus mostly on how Russian operatives tried to infiltrate his campaign.  

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol tight investigation.  That is your assessment one hour after commenting on the leaked audio?

Mueller didn't leak that.  Cohen and his legal team did.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Mueller didn't leak that.  Cohen and his legal team did.

So what?  Cohen is on Mueller's ship, and calling it tight it patently ridiculous.

Better hurry.  The turnip truck leaves in 5 minutes.

40 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You think that leaked from Mueller? I guess it could have but all signs have point to it leaking from Cohen. I’ll have to back and read if there was any hint that it came from inside the investigation. I’d be surprised given its track record. 

The only thing I recall leaking—that didn’t come from someone being deposed leaking it themselves— is the list of questions. 

Edit: Lanny Davis attorney for Cohen leaked the tape. https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/25/giuliani-blasts-cohen-and-davis-for-leaking-trump-tape-so-much-for-ethics.amp.html

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

I don’t care much about this stupid story but technically it is almost certainly a violation and became one when Guiliani admitted that  Trump paid Cohen for the payment to Daniels. That is of course the payment Trump said he knew nothing about. But now is on tape discussing. 

It it would be hard to say that was not in furtherance of his campaign and needed to be disclosed. 

Big deal or little deal? Probably the latter. 

Stormy was not what was being discussed on that tape. You should get better news sources, you're consistently misinformed. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Stormy was not what was being discussed on that tape. You should get better news sources, you're consistently misinformed. 

Even the Trump team isn't taking the position that this conversation had to do with anything other than Stormy Daniels [edit—this is wrong—was about McDougal]--and Rudy says its exculpatory of campaign finance allegations.  

What do you think they are discussing, if not attempting to pay off David Pecker to buy the story for AMI, something we know Cohen did. 

[edit again. I see your point on my Daniels-McD confusion.]

Edited by BeginnersMind

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's a good poster, not sure why you guys are always trying to drive good people away from PPP

Several things:

This will be a lot harder for them to convince a jury it was not about the campaign, as Edwards did. Edwards had a dying wife and made a convincing argument he didn't want HER to know about the affair. Trump was discussing the election on the tape and poll numbers. He is no where near as sympathetic figure as Edwards was.

More laws than campaign finance were violated. Banking fraud, wire fraud, etc.

This story very much does coincide with the Russia investigation. The FBI is looking at (we know this from Cohen) how information stolen from Clinton was used at critical times, like when the access Hollywood tape was released. Wikileaks almost immediately released damaging information on Clinton when that came out. If Cohen is cooperating with that, look out!

Any reasonable person should at least suspect that all this hush money stuff gives further weight to the idea the Russians also have something

8 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Even the Trump team isn't taking the position that this conversation had to do with anything other than Stormy Daniels--and Rudy says its exculpatory of campaign finance allegations.  

What do you think they are discussing, if not paying off David Pecker to buy the story for AMI, something we know Cohen did, and something Guiliani already admitted Trump paid for?  

I believe its about Karen McDougal. Trump had an affair with her right after getting married

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I believe its about Karen McDougal. Trump had an affair with her right after getting married

Ah I see. You’re right as is DR. My apologies for the mix up. 

I crossed the affair streams. Credit my lack of caring about this aspect of Trump and the relative non issue of his affairs. 

Unless Cohen has a lot more on tape, this is just a sideshow circus issue. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

He's a good poster, not sure why you guys are always trying to drive good people away from PPP

One would think that BeginnersMind would have a bone or two to pick with you. Many us (at least the more intelligent) go by the Gleeful Gator rule. You know, the one that asks the question, "what would gator do"? Your endorsement of BM is the equivalent of him getting the cover of Sports Illustrated.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

One would think that BeginnersMind would have a bone or two to pick with you. Many us (at least the more intelligent) go by the Gleeful Gator rule. You know, the one that asks the question, "what would gator do"? Your endorsement of BM is the equivalent of him getting the cover of Sports Illustrated.

You think you are an intelligent poster? HA HA HA. Agreeing with Trump 99.9% of the time shows you are a ding bat and nothing more. I think you are complete clod

There, I left the period off so you can use your Trump University degree in internet D-Baggery. Have at it!

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You think you are an intelligent poster? HA HA HA. Agreeing with Trump 99.9% of the time shows you are a ding bat and nothing more. I think you are complete clod

There, I left the period off so you can use your Trump University degree in internet D-Baggery. Have at it!

What are you going to do to make it up to BG? Hey, stop with all the criticism, I might get a swelled head.

11 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

You think that leaked from Mueller? I guess it could have but all signs have point to it leaking from Cohen. I’ll have to back and read if there was any hint that it came from inside the investigation. I’d be surprised given its track record. 

The only thing I recall leaking—that didn’t come from someone being deposed leaking it themselves— is the list of questions. 

Edit: Lanny Davis attorney for Cohen leaked the tape. https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/25/giuliani-blasts-cohen-and-davis-for-leaking-trump-tape-so-much-for-ethics.amp.html

So the tight ship investigation didn't secure all the recordings?   It didn't sufficiently gag its star witness?  It hasn't done anything to him since the leak? Ok lol.  

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

So the tight ship investigation didn't secure all the recordings?   It didn't sufficiently gag its star witness?  It hasn't done anything to him since the leak? Ok lol.  

Funny. I didn’t realize you were joking. Got it. 

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

Funny. I didn’t realize you were joking. Got it. 

That sure seems like sarcasm.  Good luck to you friend.  Let me know if you'd like to engage in dialogue.  Also, let me know when you learn to spell dialogue.

Lanny Davis attorney for Cohen says he didn't leak the tapes. He could be lying but it makes me wonder if Trump team leaked it to try to discredit Cohen, who probably has a lot of dirt to share.

Edit: Right on queue, Cohen says he witnessed DTJr tell DT about meeting the Russian attorney. I can't imagine 3 less credible people than Cohen, Trump, and Trump, Jr. Maybe Hillary can host the deposition. 

Edited by BeginnersMind