Interviews/Commentary about Josh Allen (WY OC, Palmer, Joe B etc)

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What are the Buffalo Bills getting in Josh Allen?

An advanced look into Josh Allen's strengths and weaknesses, all the while tackling the myths and truths of some of the accepted schools of thought about Allen as an NFL prospect.

What does Allen need to work on?
No. 1 - Finding his inner Derek Zoolander
No. 2 - More consistent footwork
No. 3 - Mental processing
No. 4 - Seeing ghosts

What makes Allen such a dynamic prospect?
No. 1 - Arm strength, of course
No. 2 - Anticipatory throws
No. 3 - Strength and balance through contact
No. 4 - A legitimate running threat

This is such a friggin comprehensive and thorough article, I don't think it should have been merged, but whatever.  It's gotta be the most thoughtful thing I ever read from Joe B.  I actually went back a couple times to see if he actually wrote it.

Considering that all of this is based on his college tape over the last 2 years and, supposedly, Allen and Palmer have fixed a lot of these issues, I expect Allen to start earlier than midseason... likely week #1.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Incorrect. 

Here's what happens.  When there are complaints about duplicate threads, search a couple 2 or 3 word terms.  If multiple threads come up, look through each one and try to see if they have a common theme.  If they do, merge to try to keep threads about one player down to about 10 or so on the first 2 pages.  Lock dup threads without much substance.

I'm sure I make mistakes sometimes, or see it differently than others (including other mods, though we do make some effort to sync up).  I can search various ways and find what I'm looking for in a big thread, so IDK about some of the complaints.

Every time merging is done, some people will b*tch that their specific thread of interest is now harder to find, and some people will b*tch there are still too many different threads and it should all have been merged. 

Like I said, I figure when the b*tching on both sides is about equal, it's probably about the right balance.

26 corners Joe B. thread had zero b******* in it.

I'm over it.  Enjoy. 

Edited by JaxBills

This thread merging might be preferred by some of your hardcore users and posters, but very discouraging for casual users like myself.  I would never know that the Joe B article existed if I hadn't seen it myself (I was about to post it, 26 corner beat me to it).  I come in here occasionally to see what is new in Bills news etc, which would include fresh articles.  Not going to read through long threads looking for something new.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Do you know how many hundreds of pages and thousands of posts there would be in 1 Josh Allen thread if everything was condensed into it? It seems like you have a lot of time on your hands to sift through all that, which is fine, but to ask everyone to do it seems crazy. Just because a thread is about a player doesn't mean it's about the same subject matter regarding that player. With a new thread created about new content on a player, you can see up front if that's something you want to click on. And if not, it's a split second decision and you can keep scrolling down. Your way would require for everyone to sift through so much stuff that they might not be interested in to find any kind of new info. 

If you want to talk about sad...it's trying to stop people from having the experience they want on this site just because it's not what you want. Nobody's trying to stop you from posting something new in page 13 of an existing thread just because it's not the way they want to do it. My opinion of course, but I don't think the other side of the argument comes from a place of narcissism, whereas it seems like yours does. 

This really is crazy and I would like to have @SDS chime in here because while this is a great place I think that some of these changes that Hap is making are definitely hurting the experience here

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

This really is crazy and I would like to have @SDS chime in here because while this is a great place I think that some of these changes that Hap is making are definitely hurting the experience here

You’re welcome to message him but thread merging is not “some of these changes Hap is making”, it has been SOP since I’ve been on the forum.  Some mods have been more aggressive about it, some have been less.

The ideal, of course, would be for everyone to be a bit more self- policing, search before posting, and perhaps concede that their (whatever it is) is not so unique that it needs its own special thread.

In answer to someone up thread, the problem with having gadzillions of threads all on the same subject is considered to be that they push other topics into the back pages and stifles conversation there.

Can’t make everyone happy.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I really don't think anything changed besides adding a mod to enforce rules and be active. You don't just add moderators for no reason. I wouldn't assume that something is happening against what SDS wants.

What if a new mod was added because things were getting messy and not just to reward some one that has been on the forum. Like bringing in a new mod actually is supposed to serve a purpose. 

I think a lot of forums are reluctant to add moderators because in a lot of ways you have to trust that mod will not make you look bad. When I first came to this board I thought Hopeful was a mod just because how he posted, so him becoming one is no surprise to me. 

I agree that not every similar thread needs a merge. I also think a lot of threads created could of been put in an existing thread.

How many different Josh Allen or Rus Brandon threads do we really need? 

Edited by Lfod

What exactly is it that you want this forum to be? Do you want this to be a place where Bills fans come to get Bills news or not? I suspect that the answer to this question may be revealing.

If you want this to be a place where fans get news, merging the Joe B thread is asinine. If you want this to be a place where fans come to discuss news they found elsewhere, then it might make some minuscule degree of sense.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

What exactly is it that you want this forum to be? Do you want this to be a place where Bills fans come to get Bills news or not? I suspect that the answer to this question may be revealing.

If you want this to be a place where fans get news, merging the Joe B thread is asinine. If you want this to be a place where fans come to discuss news they found elsewhere, then it might make some minuscule degree of sense.

This is a discussion board.  

It entails a lot lot of things.  

You want to discuss a news article go to a news site. They often have a comment section where you can correspond directly with the writer.  

Here is some help. 

https://twitter.com/joebuscaglia

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You’re welcome to message him but thread merging is not “some of these changes Hap is making”, it has been SOP since I’ve been on the forum.  Some mods have been more aggressive about it, some have been less.

The ideal, of course, would be for everyone to be a bit more self- policing, search before posting, and perhaps concede that their (whatever it is) is not so unique that it needs its own special thread.

In answer to someone up thread, the problem with having gadzillions of threads all on the same subject is considered to be that they push other topics into the back pages and stifles conversation there.

Can’t make everyone happy.

Good idea I will message him right now.  I really feel like you are hurting the experience at TSW.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Good idea I will message him right now.  I really feel like you are hurting the experience at TSW.

Go for it.  But you have to realize that there’s a bunch of folks with the opinion that having the front page of the Stadium Wall filling up with Allen threads is or was hurting the experience, too.

Edit: I just counted.  There are still SEVEN different Josh Allen threads still on my first page of Stadium Wall, and many more further back.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You want to discuss a news article go to a news site. They often have a comment section where you can correspond directly with the writer.  

Here is some help. 

Have you been to any other message board on any other subject?  People linking articles and then having a discussion about it are a pretty common occurrence

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Here is some help. 

Again, your arrogance reveals your ignorance.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Have you been to any other message board on any other subject?  People linking articles and then having a discussion about it are a pretty common occurrence

I have been on message boards since they were invented.   ESPN chat boards, Rochester D&C, here, BBMB, and a number other private boards.  

They all have rules to be followed.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

I have been on message boards since they were invented.   ESPN chat boards, Rochester D&C, here, BBMB, and a number other private boards.  

They all have rules to be followed.

LOL clever working, but oddly none of them follow your obtuse thread merging rule.  Thanks for proving my point

3 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

We're never going to win this argument.  We will probably need to contact SDS

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Go for it.  But you have to realize that there’s a bunch of folks with the opinion that having the front page of the Stadium Wall filling up with Allen threads is or was hurting the experience, too.

Yeah there's a couple like you and Shady.  It seems like the majority of people in this thread agree with my view

2 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I have provided explanations and offered locations to go to.  

If you choose to ignore what I posted  and instead throw insults then I have to ask ....

Who’s being ignorant and arrogant here?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

LOL clever working, but oddly none of them follow your obtuse thread merging rule.  Thanks for proving my point

We're never going to win this argument.  We will probably need to contact SDS

Like I said, GoFor It.  Be sure to tell him there are still seven different Josh Allen threads on the first page and folks were reporting and messaging about too many multiple threads.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Occurs here too.  

Could even occur in a merged thread!

So sarcastic. Bottom line: the Joe B thing was significant and absolutely deserving of its own thread. You screwed up on this.

I'd love to see a poll on this topic and then have you folks bring your sarcastic, arrogant responses to the table after seeing the results.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

I have provided explanations and offered locations to go to.  

If you choose to ignore what I posted  and instead throw insults then I have to ask ....

Who’s being ignorant and arrogant here?

Lol! Come on, man. Don't play dumb. Saying "Here's some help" and linking to Joe B's Twitter? I shouldn't even be bothering to explain. Come on.

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

So sarcastic. Bottom line: the Joe B thing was significant and absolutely deserving of its own thread. You screwed up on this.

I'd love to see a poll on this topic and then have you folks bring your sarcastic, arrogant responses to the table after seeing the results.

May have screwed up.  Bound to happen from time to time.  Judgement call what to merge.  Folks bound to disagree, and sometimes judgement off.

Seems to be a fact that people link articles and discuss them, and could continue (if they wished) discussing them even after a merged thread.

Sorry you find that sarcastic and arrogant.  No sarcasm intended, and none that I can see there.  Doesn’t seem real arrogant either.

Merged threads can’t be unmerged.  I’ll give it a bit to see if it can return to actual football discussion, then I’ll probably suggest that further discussion of how the board is run be moved to “Customer Service” and lock.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Like I said, GoFor It.  Be sure to tell him there are still seven different Josh Allen threads on the first page and folks were reporting and messaging about too many multiple threads.

It probably doesn't look good for a moderator to be arguing on an unrelated issue on a thread.  If this was anyone else, the thread would be closed by now for not "positively contributing to the community" I will take my concerns to SDS

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

May have screwed up.  Bound to happen from time to time.  Judgement call what to merge.  Folks bound to disagree, and sometimes judgement off.

Seems to be a fact that people link articles and discuss them, and could continue (if they wished) discussing them even after a merged thread.

Sorry you find that sarcastic and arrogant.  No sarcasm intended, and none that I can see there.  Doesn’t seem real arrogant either.

Merged threads can’t be unmerged.  I’ll give it a bit to see if it can return to actual football discussion, then I’ll probably suggest that further discussion of how the board is run be moved to “Customer Service” and lock.

Good call... Look, I feel pretty sill arguing about a message board so I will be good with whatever is best.  Either way the bottom line is TSW is an awesome community for us Bills fan.  While we may disagree on trivial things like threads I'm glad to have the experience to chat with other Bills fans here.

Edited by BuffaloRush

[This is an automated response]The thread is no longer contributing positively to the community and therefore the discussion has been closed.Thank you.

If you have concerns/suggestions regarding how the forum is run, please discuss them in the “Customer Service” forum.  

Thanks!