Maine is awesome!

3 hours ago, DrW said:

In the mid-1990s, when I lived in Rochester and my then-girlfriend, now-wife was in Montreal, we went to Maine for the summer vacation. It was great. We canoed a lot, and especially Katahdin and Acadia were impressive. The next year we went to Newfoundland, and that was even better. We saw icebergs floating southward and more whales than in Maine (sometimes you could spot them from the shore). One of the highlights was the "bird rock" in Cape St. Mary's, with hundreds of gannets, razorbills, murres, and kittiwakes.  

I've never been there, but my Mom's side of the family is Newfy (pre-Canadian). Great ancestory question, nobody's ever guessed it when I've asked. 

I've done the Maine coast starting north from Calais. Stunning,  Also made it to to Nova Scotia a few years ago. I wouldn't call it as stunning as Maine but uniquely beautiful country as well.

Enjoy your time in Maine sixpack.

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maine is a legal weed state so smoke em if ya got em.

But what happens if you are a Fed employee... Go on vacation, then come back and get popped.

??? Is that like saying that your state speed limit is 55mpg but you did the 65mpg speed limit in the state you were vacationing in, yet upon arrival in your home state... They give you a ticket for going 65mph.

I wish more people would start testing these cased.  I don't have the stones, energy, or independently wealthy to test it.  Ie: I can't afford to get fired for having month old weed in my system.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

20 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I haven’t seen any shops yet unfortunately.

Like in Massachusetts, the anti-pot forces (including Gov. LePage) keep using delaying tactics to show down progress opening retail outlets. But at least possession is fully legal.

Massachusetts expects the first legal pot shops to open July 1.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Like in Massachusetts, the anti-pot forces (including Gov. LePage) keep using delaying tactics to show down progress opening retail outlets. But at least possession is fully legal.

Massachusetts expects the first legal pot shops to open July 1.

Thats a shame when politicians do that.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But what happens if you are a Fed employee... Go on vacation, then come back and get popped.

??? Is that like saying that your state speed limit is 55mpg but you did the 65mpg speed limit in the state you were vacationing in, yet upon arrival in your home state... They give you a ticket for going 65mph.

I wish more people would start testing these cased.  I don't have the stones, energy, or independently wealthy to test it.  Ie: I can't afford to get fired for having month old weed in my system.

It is still federally illegal therefore a no go for federal employees.  Drug testing policies don't care how the drugs got there simply if they are or aren't.  

Good news though: If you don't smoke regularly it is out of your system in less than a week.

I don't know why I know these things but I do 0:) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, section122 said:

It is still federally illegal therefore a no go for federal employees.  Drug testing policies don't care how the drugs got there simply if they are or aren't.  

Good news though: If you don't smoke regularly it is out of your system in less than a week.

I don't know why I know these things but I do 0:) 

LoL... Thnx.  I can get popped once & fail.  They'd put me on day shift for 6 weeks and send me to rehab.  :lol: Get popped again & fail, then you are gone.

Then there is the whole split-sample thing (we split sample)... I guess if positive, you can have the other sent to another lab, see if there is a discrepancy... That drags things on and on... By then claim another test and you are clean, etc... etc... So on.

So... I guess you really aren't rolling the bones until you get caught once.  The bad part, after the 6 week thing, they can test you anytime they want, as much as they want.

I suspect when all the states go pro-weed, the Fed will eventually have to change.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread... Back to normal gushing over the freaks from Maine.  :D

57 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Caught my first grief for a bills hat :lol:

OH! Show them the deflate gate fumble chart! The hat ain’t nuthin’! Show that chart around town and....you could have a lot of nice posts on your TBD obit.  (Don’t blame me if things go south!) 

I did that a couple summers ago when I was in Boston for a week. They get very testy when faced with reality! 

37DEA350-0AA7-416C-B4B2-1164A6C4D8E7.jpeg

File that under “How to make friends in New England!”    :)

I assume ZERO liability for the outcome. 

8 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I thought they say "it's wicked awesome!"

Only if you are named Jordy Verrill, have three teeth and reside near Bangor.

Oh, wait... That took place in New Hampshire. Stephen King protecting his "homeland?"

On 5/7/2018 at 2:49 PM, joesixpack said:

The water is beyond cold

Even in peak season. Ocean rarely hits 65 there. That's why my beach vacation of choice is the Carolinas.

Edited by PromoTheRobot