Maine is awesome!

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Even in peak season. Ocean rarely hits 65 there. That's why my beach vacation of choice is the Carolinas.

Mine used to be North Carolina as well. But being microwaved while on the beach kinda sucks

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Ha touché robot. Touché.

What can I say? Living in New England, where summer lasts all of 6 weeks, and it still manages to get chilly at night, I like to vacation where it's warm.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Even in peak season. Ocean rarely hits 65 there. That's why my beach vacation of choice is the Carolinas.

Topsail beach! Lived on that beach for a year, they actually had to bring in sandbags to preserve the buildings. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Topsail beach! Lived on that beach for a year, they actually had to bring in sandbags to preserve the buildings. 

I'm familiar with it. There are beach houses that are in the water at high tide.  I vacation in Carolina Beach, just down the coast, around Wilmington.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What can I say? Living in New England, where summer lasts all of 6 weeks, and it still manages to get chilly at night, I like to vacation where it's warm.

See I’m the opposite. I live in a hot, dank place. Cool and crisp is a welcome change

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I waded out from the beautiful beach in Hilton Head Island yesterday, and it was lovely!  No blue feet, only blue skies! Oh, and big umbrellas with beverage service!  It’s technically still in the Carolinas, even if you see Georgia from the southern end. I love it warm, but it can get crazy hot here in the summer.