Rookie of the Year

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/5/4/17316930/josh-allen-tremaine-edmunds-have-legit-shots-at-nfl-rookie-of-the-year-2018

I thought Edmunds has as good a shot as any at DROY - given the whole at ILB and how easy it will be to plug and play him.

Quite frankly, despite my Bills tinted glasses, I was surprised at Josh Allen's odds for OROY -

Online sports wagering Bovada list Allen has having the third-best odds (+850) at winning Rookie of the Year, while Saquon Barkley of the New York Giants (+150) and Baker Mayfieldof the Cleveland Browns (+275) check in at first and second, respectively. Allen, however, is favored to start more games than any of his fellow 2018 first-round QBs, with an over-under of 10.5.

kinda surprised that Darnold aint ahead of him ..

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/5/4/17316930/josh-allen-tremaine-edmunds-have-legit-shots-at-nfl-rookie-of-the-year-2018

I thought Edmunds has as good a shot as any at DROY - given the whole at ILB and how easy it will be to plug and play him.

Quite frankly, despite my Bills tinted glasses, I was surprised at Josh Allen's odds for OROY -

I really don't like the Darnold fit with the Jets. NY will tear him apart like ElI, but he doesn't have that family name to fall back on. I do like Darnold a lot. I just think he would have been better off here or even in Denver or Cleveland. I don't see it working out. 

I think Shaquem Griffin has a good shot at DROY if he even plays medicore.   It's such a great story and being on his brothers team and all.   The whole situation is a PR dream for the NFL I think they're going to milk it for all it's worth. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I really don't like the Darnold fit with the Jets. NY will tear him apart like ElI, but he doesn't have that family name to fall back on. I do like Darnold a lot. I just think he would have been better off here or even in Denver or Cleveland. I don't see it working out. 

Agreed.  I dont see the Jets bringing him along slow enough.  They probably will ruin the poor fella.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

If last year taught us anything, it's tough for a Bill's player to get one of these awards. Tre'Davious got screwed over last year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

I think Shaquem Griffin has a good shot at DROY if he even plays medicore.   It's such a great story and being on his brothers team and all.   The whole situation is a PR dream for the NFL I think they're going to milk it for all it's worth. 

um, no

My predictions:

OROY- Rashad Penny

DROY-  Roquan Smith

edmunds has a definite shot.  I don’t believe Allen will start enough games to beat out one of the RBs.  And his OL and WRs are garbage.  Tough metric for a rookie QB

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

I think you underestimated this league as an entertainment business. 

um, no. i'll make whatever bet you want to make, like the guy on Cleveland radio who said he would eat horse poop if they selected Mayfield no.1.....ain't gonna happen

Just now, SteveFreeman22 said:

um, no. i'll make whatever bet you want to make, like the guy on Cleveland radio who said he would eat horse poop if they selected Mayfield no.1.....ain't gonna happen

But Mayfield was drafted no 1.....

Just now, SteveFreeman22 said:

That was my point, he didn't believe they were going to take him so he made an outrageous bet, just like Griffin winning DROY is an outrageous bet.

well if you want to eat dog poop that's your business.  I think if Griffin puts up anything close to decent numbers they'll have him in the running just because it's good press for the NFL.  you don't agree, that's fine.   

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

well if you want to eat dog poop that's your business.  I think if Griffin puts up anything close to decent numbers they'll have him in the running just because it's good press for the NFL.  you don't agree, that's fine.   

my point is I wouldn't be eating horse(not dog) poop because HE AIN'T WINNING DROY.