Is Kim qualified?

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

The only thing I can say went very wrong was Rex Ryan. I liked St Doug and I kinda dissapointed they missed out on that opportunity. I think they may of hit a home run with Sean McDermott. So I am willing to forget Rex Ryan and not taking St. Doug more serious. 

Russes lipstick is all over the Rex hire.

Edited by 3rdand12

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Well, for starters she’s a billionaire after a difficult start in life. That’s pretty good. Few pull THAT off. Oh, and I’ve yet to see her make a misstep that caught my eye. Most people say something stupid that gets noticed if you’re in the public eye that much. Do you have a problem with her for some reason? 

I'm a Sabres fan. So yeah. 

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Pegulas are great people. That doesn't mean they are good at running sports teams. 

of course it does not. But i would want nothing less than Great People to root for . And I surely want them to have wonderful successes in Buffalo sports. Rochester Americans etc.

and a strong and positive influence in the city of Buffalo.

The trick is often hiring the right Folks to make it happen in the manner you wish,  over time.
i think they have, a clue and learning as they go is fine

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

You have multiple options. Whining is certainly one of them.

I trust them to work through things until they find the right recipe. I feel they will get appropriate professional help. Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

You have multiple options. Whining is certainly one of them.

I trust them to work through things until they find the right recipe. I feel they will get appropriate professional help. Time will tell. 

Asking the Pegulas to hire a qualified president for each team is not whining.

Time will tell. Hopefully the Pegulas own the Bills for the rest of my life. If not, the Bills are gone. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Building a hockey team is much harder, it takes longer. But, I get the frustration.

12 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Pegulas are great people. That doesn't mean they are good at running sports teams. 

Give it time, they did hire McD and ended the drought. These are people who are devoted to having successful sports teams in WNY. They have already shown a willingness to learn. It takes time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Time will tell. Hopefully the Pegulas own the Bills for the rest of my life. If not, the Bills are gone. 

A matter of opinion, but this sounds a bit whiney to me:

Smart cookie? Why? Based on what exactly? Build a new stadium with private money, then we can talk. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We have a good thing going here, I just don't want things to go off course.

Russ Brandon sold out a Team in a League that sells out in a City that always sells out and was thought of being impressive by some.  Not I.  

Kim will do better as she will do things for the right reason for the City, fans and Team!  She will not have alterier motives sacrificing one for the other and her personal best interests firsts.

A good leader listens to their team and talents that surround them.  Kim does that!!

We are in a better position today than two days ago!

Go Bills!

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I mean yes you want both organizations run correctly. I think they wanted to possibly combine both organizations using Russ Brandon so everything would be streamlined for them.

Only for reasons Russ Brandon isn't that guy anymore. So Kim is the one stepping in for Russ Brandon. I mean it's not impossible to think she maybe was learning everything behind the scenes and being very involved already. 

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Building a hockey team is much harder, it takes longer. But, I get the frustration.

Give it time, they did hire McD and ended the drought. These are people who are devoted to having successful sports teams in WNY. They have already shown a willingness to learn. It takes time.

I've got nothing but time. You can't fire owners. Criticism of the Pegulas is fair. They haven't done a good job. They have definitely tried, no question. A lot of money spent so far with little to show for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

My point is she has to actually accomplish something to get praise. 

The Bills are in WNY, that’s a good start for me!  I get it, she has to prove she’s competent. I think’s it’s either temporary or a figure head. I am confident they know enough to get sports professionals to lord over all this. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I've got nothing but time. You can't fire owners. Criticism of the Pegulas is fair. They haven't done a good job. They have definitely tried, no question. A lot of money spent so far with little to show for it. 

Debatable IMO. They have also shown the ability to learn and correct mistakes. These are good people who won't give up easily. The success of an organization is not just based on good decisions. The Sabres won the lottery and will draft Rasmus Dahlin, they lost McDavid before.. bad luck, generational talent. Eichel was not a bad back up prize, but no McDavid-bad luck. This time they may have gotten it right with the Bills, ended the drought by hiring McBeane, corrected a mistake, NFL people respect it. The people in charge have made decisions now they need some good fortune with Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds.

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

My point is she has to actually accomplish something to get praise. 

I think  we have to go back to when the Bills went up for sale and recall how most of us felt. Both before and after the sale ?

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Debatable IMO. They have also shown the ability to learn and correct mistakes. These are good people who won't give up easily. The success of an organization is not just based on good decisions. The Sabres won the lottery and will draft Rasmus Dahlin, they lost McDavid before.. bad luck, generational talent. Eichel was not a bad back up prize, but no McDavid-bad luck. This time they may have gotten it right with the Bills, ended the drought by hiring McBeane, corrected a mistake, NFL people respect it. The people in charge have made decisions now they need some good fortune with Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds.

Kim is the Sabres 4th president since they bought the team. Each hire worse than the last IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

better luck with Bills so far it seems ?

Edited by 3rdand12