Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

You don't just open an investigation into a guy of Brandons stature in the organization.  I wonder if the Pegulas were souring on him which led to employees feeling emboldened to speak up about Brandon's alleged bad behavior.  If you think about it, the Sabres have been a nightmare from a PR perspective with the World Juniors Tournament Flop and all the bad press the Arena has been getting as a dirty dump.

18 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I’m not defending Russ Brandon, I don’t know the guy. Seems a bit slanderous to accuse him of anything outside of what has been written. Couldn’t the more than just inappropriate behavior been a bunch of different things? Perhaps lying to the Pegulas when he was approached?

Agreed.  I assume by "written" you mean the press release or reported in reliable press (Wawrow, AP etc)

3 minutes ago, 5 Wide said:

You don't just open an investigation into a guy of Brandons stature in the organization.  I wonder if the Pegulas were souring on him which led to employees feeling emboldened to speak up about Brandon's alleged bad behavior.  If you think about it, the Sabres have been a nightmare from a PR perspective with the World Juniors Tournament Flop and all the bad press the Arena has been getting as a dirty dump.

He wasn't in the draft room from what i could tell.

9 minutes ago, musichunch said:

Smells like a scorned woman who was upset he wouldn't leave his wife.

Brought the pillow talk to the Pegulas, and they fired him for whatever shady stuff she told them he was doing behind their back. 

Just my read on the situation.

It might be, it might not be.  No way we know.  What is factual is that in most of corporate America, it's enough if an executive is having any kind of sexual relationship in his or her reporting line.  Doesn't have to involve scorned lovers, shady stuff, any of that.  Now of course bosses do have relationships at work and avoid consequence to their jobs, but they're taking their chances there.

Me I'll wait and see what comes out. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Embezzlement and skimming off the top or whatever you are going on about is a bit sloppy unless you have some further knowledge of the situation. Don’t yah think

It's speculation, correct.

5 minutes ago, 5 Wide said:

Why not just get rid of him then, like they did with Ted Black, LaFontaine, etc?

Why the need to search for warts in the organization?

It seems they needed to investigate, found stuff, found other stuff (which was alluded to in the AP report), he lied to their faces, and it was enough to pressure him into resigning.

18 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Why is okay for Josh Allen to make racial and homophobic statements but it's not ok for Russ Brandon to hook up with a female employee? 

It isn't okay. However, he did it at 15 years old. A lot of growing up happens between 15 and 21 years of age. Russ is a grown man in a position of power that it appears as though he took advantage of young ladies. Bigggg difference. You may want to consider stopping being manipulated by media people with an agenda.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

It isn't okay. However, he did it at 15 years old. A lot of growing up happens between 15 and 21 years of age. Russ is a grown man in a position of power that it appears as though he took advantage of young ladies. Bigggg difference. You may want to consider stopping being manipulated by media people with an agenda.

Well said! 

• SDS unpinned this topic