Cam Newton scouting report compares to Josh Allen

On 4/30/2018 at 3:55 PM, OJABBA said:

I don't think they have the same personality at all though. And that's a pretty big factor.

True Cam seems to love the spotlight when he's winning and a "look at me" type whereas Allen is more soft spoken/humble etc. Granted Newton came in with a better resume than Allen. Yet Newton seems to be the better runner etc but in terms of passing/size they both seem similar. 

Edited by The Jokeman

On 4/30/2018 at 12:46 PM, wppete said:

I bet If you look at Luke Kuechlys scouting report it looks similar to Tremain Edmunds.

Josh Allen - Cam Newton

Tremain Edmunds - Luke Kuechly

Buffalo Carolina North Bills.. Yep once we made those 2 picks coupled with all the ex-Panthers we brought in it became pretty obvious.

Hopefully it works out

Also Cam newton was drafted in a year where the 2nd QB off the board was Jake Locker

Heck If Cam and Allen were coming out of college at the same time I would of actually preferred Allen over Cam based on the fact Cam had only 1 year of production of being a QB in college. 

41 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

True Cam seems to love the spotlight when he's winning and a "look at me" type whereas Allen is more soft spoken/humble etc. Granted Newton came in with a better resume than Allen. Yet Newton seems to be the better runner etc but in terms of passing/size they both seem similar. 

Actually he did not come into the NFL with a better college resume. Only 1 year or production.

Edited by ddaryl

9 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Buffalo Carolina North Bills.. Yep once we made those 2 picks coupled with all the ex-Panthers we brought in it became pretty obvious.

Hopefully it works out

Also Cam newton was drafted in a year where the 2nd QB off the board was Jake Locker

Heck If Cam and Allen were coming out of college at the same time I would of actually preferred Allen over Cam based on the fact Cam had only 1 year of production of being a QB in college. 

Actually he did not come into the NFL with a better college resume. Only 1 year or production.

Dear lord.  You’d prefer Allen over Cam?  1) the second qb of the board that year was Blaine Gabbert who I think is a more likely comp to Allen out of college (all the tools, not much production)

2). It is said Allen needs at least a year. Cam set passing records as a rookie

3). If Allen only had one year of dominating the SEC, winning a national championship, 50 tds, & is heisman I’d feel a million times better about the pick. 

I get being excited but man I’ve seen Allen compared to John Elway, Brett Farve, & now Newton.  I guess we drafted a Hall of Famer.

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dear lord.  You’d prefer Allen over Cam?  1) the second qb of the board that year was Blaine Gabbert who I think is a more likely comp to Allen out of college (all the tools, not much production)

2). It is said Allen needs at least a year. Cam set passing records as a rookie

3). If Allen only had one year of dominating the SEC, winning a national championship, 50 tds, & is heisman I’d feel a million times better about the pick. 

I get being excited but man I’ve seen Allen compared to John Elway, Brett Farve, & now Newton.  I guess we drafted a Hall of Famer.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2011

2nd QB was Jake Locker @8 in 2011. Blaine was taken 10th

If they came out at the same time I would of looked at Allen's resume compared to Cam's and would of preferred Allen. Not knowing what we know today. I'm talking to blank slates, 2 unknowns.

Allen played on an inferior talented team but had multiple years of production. Cam switched schools and had 1 year of production. There wer plenty who thought Cam would be a flash in the pan just like those saying the same about Allen

yes I would of preferred Allen who has basically the exact same scouting report to Cam.

A;; this is based upon scouting reports and stats. I have not compared game tapes, so that could o changed my opinion.

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2015 Wyoming MWC SO QB 2 4 6 66.7 51 8.5 8.5 0 0 138.1
*2016 Wyoming MWC SO QB 14 209 373 56.0 3203 8.6 8.3 28 15 144.9
*2017 Wyoming MWC JR QB 11 152 270 56.3 1812 6.7 6.9 16 6 127.8

Career Overall         191 292 65.4 2908 10.0 10.9 30 7 178.2
  Florida         6 12 50.0 54 4.5 4.5 0 0 87.8
  Auburn         185 280 66.1 2854 10.2 11.2 30 7 182.0
*2007 Florida SEC FR QB 5 5 10 50.0 40 4.0 4.0 0 0 83.6
*2008 Florida SEC SO QB 1 1 2 50.0 14 7.0 7.0 0 0 108.8
*2010 Auburn SEC JR QB 14 185 280 66.1 2854 10.2 11.2 30 7 182.0

Edited by ddaryl

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2011

2nd QB was Jake Locker @8 in 2011. Blaine was taken 10th

If they came out at the same time I would of looked at Allen's resume compared to Cam's and would of preferred Allen. Not knowing what we know today. I'm talking to blank slates, 2 unknowns.

Allen played on an inferior talented team but had multiple years of production. Cam switched schools and had 1 year of production. There wer plenty who thought Cam would be a flash in the pan just like those saying the same about Allen

yes I would of preferred Allen who has basically the exact same scouting report to Cam.

A;; this is based upon scouting reports and stats. I have not compared game tapes, so that could o changed my opinion.

2015 Wyoming MWC SO QB 2 4 6 66.7 51 8.5 8.5 0 0 138.1
*2016 Wyoming MWC SO QB 14 209 373 56.0 3203 8.6 8.3 28 15 144.9
*2017 Wyoming MWC JR QB 11 152 270 56.3 1812 6.7 6.9 16 6 127.8

Career Overall         191 292 65.4 2908 10.0 10.9 30 7 178.2
  Florida         6 12 50.0 54 4.5 4.5 0 0 87.8
  Auburn         185 280 66.1 2854 10.2 11.2 30 7 182.0
*2007 Florida SEC FR QB 5 5 10 50.0 40 4.0 4.0 0 0 83.6
*2008 Florida SEC SO QB 1 1 2 50.0 14 7.0 7.0 0 0 108.8
*2010 Auburn SEC JR QB 14 185 280 66.1 2854 10.2 11.2 30 7 182.0

Cam's stats and one year at Auburn completely blow Allen's out of the water. Not even close. 

17 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Cam's stats and one year at Auburn completely blow Allen's out of the water. Not even close. 

I'm not a 1 year wonder guy which was the entire point.

Shall we travel down the one year wonders road of those who got drafted early and busted out.

:rolleyes:

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Hopefully it works out

He lead Auburn to a national championship and prior to that he lead his junior college to a championship. 

On 4/30/2018 at 3:46 PM, wppete said:

I bet If you look at Luke Kuechlys scouting report it looks similar to Tremain Edmunds.

Josh Allen - Cam Newton

Tremain Edmunds - Luke Kuechly

I'd like to see Edmunds scouting report next to Khalil Mack's.   

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I'm not a 1 year wonder guy which was the entire point.

Shall we travel down the one year wonders road of those who got drafted early and busted out.

:rolleyes:

Ok so the one extra year at WYO means more than the fact Cam did it at Auburn plus was a top recruit in the nation, plus won a JUCO championship? Meanwhile yes Allen had two years at WYO along with avg stats in JUCO and HS. 

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He lead Auburn to a national championship and prior to that he lead his junior college to a championship. 

But a two year starter at WYO means so much....

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Ok so the one extra year at WYO means more than the fact Cam did it at Auburn plus was a top recruit in the nation, plus won a JUCO championship? Meanwhile yes Allen had two years at WYO along with avg stats in JUCO and HS. 

But a two year starter at WYO means so much....

This thread is about scouting reports, and You've lost track of that and are now crusading because you don't like my opinion on it. My opinion isn't changing. If we are going by stats sheets and scouting reports I will take a 2 year performer over a QB who left one school went to a jr college then back to div 1 for 1 year of production worth noting.

The scouting reports were almost identical

If they were actually coming out at the same time I would reviewed lots of tape and made a more informed decision but this thread is about the scouting reports. I added stats in because it favored Allen IMO a sI do not like 1 year wonders at the QB position. Just my personal opinion not going to change either.

Edited by ddaryl

22 hours ago, ddaryl said:

This thread is about scouting reports, and You've lost track of that and are now crusading because you don't like my opinion on it. My opinion isn't changing. If we are going by stats sheets and scouting reports I will take a 2 year performer over a QB who left one school went to a jr college then back to div 1 for 1 year of production worth noting.

The scouting reports were almost identical

If they were actually coming out at the same time I would reviewed lots of tape and made a more informed decision but this thread is about the scouting reports. I added stats in because it favored Allen IMO a sI do not like 1 year wonders at the QB position. Just my personal opinion not going to change either.

But then wouldn't Allen be a one year wonder? His stats in 2017 were not good. 1800 passing yards and a 55% completion %?

Cam Newton was a transcendent college football player who took a mediocre Auburn team and led them to an undefeated season and National Championship against some of the toughest competition in the country. 

Josh Allen was just a guy in the Mountain West Conference. 

This comparison is a stretch to say the least. Cam Newton had the it factor and proved capable of putting a team on his back. Allen has yet to prove he can do that. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

But then wouldn't Allen be a one year wonder? His stats in 2017 were not good. 1800 passing yards and a 55% completion %?

Move along..