Wondering how much Roethlesberger they see in Allen

Big Turk

Same build, same type of escapability and athleticism to amke some plays when the pocket breaks down, extend plays and throw accurately on the run...

Wondering if they envision Allen as a  Big Ben type QB in their offense

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

While I don't like the completion percentage, this kid has things you can't teach - Size, Strength, Mobility, and Big Arm.

I think McBeane thinks they can get him coached correctly and work on his mechanics.  

I sure hope so.

Roethlisberger was so underrated out of college it was amazing to me. I guess I followed him more than most since Miami was a conference team opponent and we played against each other a short while in HS (he was a WR, though).

Rosen is a pocket passer with mobility. I hope they can keep him in the pocket and get his releases to be quick and good footwork. Gil Brandt and what's his name former Raiders QB who's really smart have been saying a few times it's easy to coach footwork in an offseason but arm mechanics are entirely different.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Roethlisberger was so underrated out of college it was amazing to me. I guess I followed him more than most since Miami was a conference team opponent and we played against each other a short while in HS (he was a WR, though).

Rosen is a pocket passer with mobility. I hope they can keep him in the pocket and get his releases to be quick and good footwork. Gil Brandt and what's his name former Raiders QB who's really smart have been saying a few times it's easy to coach footwork in an offseason but arm mechanics are entirely different.

You mean Allen? Agree with the points 

1 hour ago, BuffalOhio said:

While I don't like the completion percentage, this kid has things you can't teach - Size, Strength, Mobility, and Big Arm.

I think McBeane thinks they can get him coached correctly and work on his mechanics.  

I sure hope so.

Form all the reports i read his mechanics are really good. That's the thing that concerns me more about his accuracy problems...I'm hoping his receivers having no seperation played into that a lot...

In fact, in regards to arm mechanics, one of the main points was that he can wait until the last minute to deliver the ball because of his quick release

Edited by matter2003

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, BuffalOhio said:

Wait, who are we talking about?  EJ?

Just now, fridge said:

Big Ben was great in college though. They both played in terrible conferences, but the comparison stops there.

The Mac ain't terrible. At one point, when Ben entered the league, they had 7 starting QB's in the league.

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Ah Jesus, they said the same thing about EJ...........a big Ben prototype.

EJ actually had a really good completion percentage tho...almost 67% in college

Edited by matter2003

Just now, Boyst62 said:

The Mac ain't terrible. At one point, when Ben entered the league, they had 7 starting QB's in the league.

I agree with you. It does a disservice to the MAC to compare it to the Mountain West. I was grasped by at straws trying to compare him to Big Ben.