It coulda been worse

Ramza86

We didnt give up too much. We were able to keep the 2nd 1st rounder and 2019 1st rounder. We got what seems to be a solid LB in Edmunds. 

I think Allen is a coinflip. Losing two 2nds for the potential I think is low risk. 

I think Rosen is the better QB...but I think him just like every other QB in this draft has some flaws. 

When I think of this class. I think Rosen and Darnold can be consistently good, but I think guys like Mayfield, Allen and mayyybeee Jackson have the chance to be great. I dont mind a franchise taking that risk at the QB position. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only way it could have been worse was trading higher and giving up more for the same QB. They traded away 3 of their top 6 picks and are going to leave this draft with major holes. Still need interior OL, DL depth, WR, CB depth, etc. 

1 minute ago, JM57 said:

The only way it could have been worse was trading higher and giving up more for the same QB. They traded away 3 of their top 6 picks and are going to leave this draft with major holes. Still need interior OL, DL depth, WR, CB depth, etc. 

Yeah. The staff has some work to do, but we knew this was gonna happen. The bills had planned to trade up since last year and they were going to give up picks for it. 

I think if Josh Rosen was sitting behind our Oline hed be hospitalized by week 3. Did you see how scrawny that kid was and his shoulder length? Jeez.

4 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Let's see how the rest of the draft actually plays out.

Everyone expected this. There were absolutely no surprises that the Bills used draft picks to move up. This team was never going to be built in one off-season.

In fact, with the pick of Allen and a 19year old LBer, and the cap money that will be available next year, it appears that Beane has a definite plan on the way he wants to build this team.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's and see whether Beane is done dealing.  Maybe he parlays the 7th rounder and the 2019 2nd round pick to move back into the 2nd round.

We had deal in place with Denver, but Chubb was there. So instead of getting a QB and losing your 2nd first rd pick, they lucked out and STILL got their guy PLUS the stud LBer every team wanted AND still have a 3rd round pick.

Genius.

• Like (+1) 1

With the talk of them moving to #2 to get Allen, and also the talk the Cleveland was torn b/t Allen and Mayfield, it is not a bad result at all.   Saying that and I'm not a big Allen fan - can't believe what Cleveland did with 4, or 1 for that matter....could be worse!