What bands do you hate the most?

IBTG81

REO Speedwagon.

They guy next to me in college cranked them every morning when he woke up to go to his cafateria manager job....at 5:30.

Not only do I really dislike the band I still feel that anger wanting to kick the crap out of that guy.....20 years later.

274545[/snapback]

We clearly went to college around the same time, except the guy next to me alternated between REO Speedwagon (Keep On Lovin' You) and J.Giles Band (Centerfold). I'd yell out the door: "WHAT? NO AIR SUPPLY?"

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We clearly went to college around the same time, except the guy next to me alternated between REO Speedwagon (Keep On Lovin' You)  and J.Giles Band (Centerfold). I'd yell out the door: "WHAT? NO AIR SUPPLY?"

274558[/snapback]

Question:

Did you snatch Alla yet?

I'm between 29-61, manly (hung like a hobby horse), strong (able to lift a hobby horse), and family oriented (own a hobby horse).

Question:

Did you snatch Alla yet?

I'm between 29-61, manly (hung like a hobby horse), strong (able to lift a hobby horse), and family oriented (own a hobby horse).

274574[/snapback]

She's all yours, man. I'd compete, but that hobby horse thing really takes me out of the running.

1) Anybody off of American Idol

2) Avril Lavigne (yeah, I want to sleep with her too.)

3) These multi talentless singer/actress (ex Lindsay Lohan)

4) Ashlee "I can't even lip sing right" Simpson, and anybody else using their bro/sis fame to break into the music business. (ex Aaron Carter, little bow wow)

5) Whoever wrote kumbaya

6) USA for Africa (we are the world...)

Anybody who doesn't push music to new places. Music is an art, and if you're not doing something that's creative and unique, then what's the point?

PS...for the guy who still listens to BNL. With all due respect, did you get laid for the first time listening to them? Because there is absolutly no reason to still listen to that band. When was the last time you bought a new album. 1993. Is Live your second favorite band? Look above. They're just a gay, Canadian Housemartins rip-off band.

Only bustin on ya. I'm sure I listen to tons of music you'd hate.

G

First off to the person who started this post..... 3-chords is the basis for punk and Green Day, despite Blvd of Broken Dreams (the most overplayed song of this millenium) is a PUNK BAND. If American Idiot isn't the epitome of punk, nothing is.

I actually don't like them, but they are punk.

I hate talentless, created, marketed "entertainers" because that's all most of pop music is today.

But my number one most hated band is U2. You want to talk about ripping people off. I heard a song today that sounded straight from Pearl Jam's Vs. album. They suck and should be destroyed.

So much for Bono(er) and his 3rd World Debt Relief stance, since I heard on the radio today that tix for their Bflo shows are as high as $160!

You're an idiot if you pay that.

PS...for the guy who still listens to BNL. With all due respect, did you get laid for the first time listening to them? Because there is absolutly no reason to still listen to that band. When was the last time you bought a new album. 1993. Is Live your second favorite band? Look above. They're just a gay, Canadian Housemartins rip-off band.

274614[/snapback]

I don't normally make posts with just smilies or whatever, but......... :w00t::(:(

BTW, although I dislike BNL, I did see Live three times in concert back in the early '90s. :(

I'll catch it for this, but Nirvana. I loathe everything Nirvana and Cobain.

274562[/snapback]

Nirvana was and is to post 90s hard rock/metal/emo, etc. what Led Zeppelin was to everything that followed them. Cobain's genius is undeniable, love him or hate him. And Grohl is one of the most talented musicians playing right now, although he should play more skins!

Best band of the 90s, unquestionably.

That being said, I am the proud owner of the most sought-after piece of Nirvana music collectibles, a hand-numbered copy of their first single on vinyl from Sub Pop, titled Love Buzz.

Anybody who doesn't push music to new places. Music is an art, and if you're not doing something that's creative and unique, then what's the point?

Only bustin on ya. I'm sure I listen to tons of music you'd hate.

G

274614[/snapback]

Actually, no. the first time I got laid, the only thing I heard was your sister screaming my name... :lol::P

Seriously, BNL is a highly complex band. Actually LISTEN to them, and get back to me. Their music is challenging, and you need a certain level of intelligence to understand their lyrics.

Nirvana was and is to post 90s hard rock/metal/emo, etc. what Led Zeppelin was to everything that followed them. Cobain's genius is undeniable, love him or hate him. And Grohl is one of the most talented musicians playing right now, although he should play more skins!

Best band of the 90s, unquestionably.

That being said, I am the proud owner of the most sought-after piece of Nirvana music collectibles, a hand-numbered copy of their first single on vinyl from Sub Pop, titled Love Buzz.

274626[/snapback]

The fact that a band who released one groundbreaking album (Nevermind), one decent compilation (Incesticide), and one swooning death nell (In Utero) can claim to be the best band of the '90s tells everything we need to know about the decade, musically.

Seriously, BNL is a highly complex band. Actually LISTEN to them, and get back to me. Their music is challenging, and you need a certain level of intelligence to understand their lyrics.

274638[/snapback]

I know what you mean. I took a class in college that was dedicated to the lyrics of "If I Had a Million Dollars." Mind blowing stuff man. :lol:

I know what you mean. I took a class in college that was dedicated to the lyrics of "If I Had a Million Dollars." Mind blowing stuff man.  :lol:

274651[/snapback]

OK Einstein, explain the meaning behind IIHAMD. I guarantee you're not even close... :P