Incoming, Speculation 49ers-Pats trade for Rosen.

4 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

There was an article a while back that claimed Belechick singled out SF to trade to and initiated talks.  Supposedly he usually does this with trades and doesn't just open up trading of a player for all offers.

This wouldn't shock me. The Pats could've gotten a second round pick for Jimmy G. from any number of teams.  I'm sure when trading a QB with talent Belichick most likely ruled out first AFCE, then ruled out AFC.  After that he may very well have looked at the NFC west with Seattle, L.A. and Arizona thinking that San Fran would have tough sledding for the foreseeable future and determined that would be a good landing spot for Garoppolo.

Least likely spot for the trade to come back and bite him in the a**.

I was never once worried about the Patriots trading up for a QB. 

They did exactly what what I thought they'd do - used both those 1st round picks to put talent around Brady on offense. Offensive tackle and RB. 

The Pata want to win as many more championships with Brady as they can before he retires. You don't do that by trading away multiple picks for a QB to sit behind him and add little actual on field value. 

It never made sense for them to trade up for a QB just for him to sit behind Brady for an unspecified amount of years until Brady finally starts to fall off that cliff and/or retire.

They will most likely draft one of the developmental QB prospects - Rudolph, Lauletta, White, Falk etc.