Allen or Jackson or Rudolph

Bakin

Allen or Jackson or Rudolph  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take at 12?

2 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

It’s been rumored Denver, Pitt, NE patriots that’s who. Some draft guru’s had Rudolph number 1 rated QB 

I don't believe any draft gurus had Rudolph as QB1. Chris Trapasso did, but he's no guru. He was writing for BuffaloRumblings like a year ago.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't believe any draft gurus had Rudolph as QB1. Chris Trapasso did, but he's no guru. He was writing for BuffaloRumblings like a year ago.

I can't fathom how anyone could have him as the #1 QB prospect from either a physical or an NFL readiness perspective.

24 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Why are people so worried about Jackson getting injured in the NFL?? He has NO injury history in college. NONE!!

totally agree with this. Plus it’s been proven he likes to stay in the pocket and not run and go through his progressions before he takes off. He is pass first QB based on stats. He had a lot of planed or called runs. I think 11 a game in college. That will be changed to maybe 3 designed runs a game in the pros. He might just be the goat ? of this draft class 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1

Allen: this whole high ceiling thing is nonsense. Yes he can chuck it 90 yards but is he accurate inside of 20 yard throws? Can he process NFL defenses?

Jackson: 13 Wonderlick, mom is his agent, also accuracy concerns? Running qbs rarely survive the NFL. For every Russell Wilson you have Vick, Young, RG3, TT etc....

Rudolph: If I had a gun to my head I'd take Rudolph to have the best career between these 3, but he too has issues.

As others have said none of these guys are worthy of 12. Maybe 18-23 range or even lower?

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

Why are people so worried about Jackson getting injured in the NFL?? He has NO injury history in college. NONE!!

Staying healthy in college doesnt mean much when you're talking about running around in a grown man's league like the NFL.

Vick and RG3 didnt have any injury history in college, because no one at that level could touch them. Different story when you get to the pros and everyone is faster and stronger.

RG3's career ended early. Vick was always dinged up. We've even seen the "thicker" guys like Wilson and Tyrod get nicked up recently.

Wentz's season was ended when he ran the ball and he's a stout dude. Watson blew an ACL already.

For a kid like Jackson who will run the ball in the NFL, and who has the frailest build Ive seen in a long time, an injury is a matter of when, not if.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Allen: this whole high ceiling thing is nonsense. Yes he can chuck it 90 yards but is he accurate inside of 20 yard throws? Can he process NFL defenses?

Jackson: 13 Wonderlick, mom is his agent, also accuracy concerns? Running qbs rarely survive the NFL. For every Russell Wilson you have Vick, Young, RG3, TT etc....

Rudolph: If I had a gun to my head I'd take Rudolph to have the best career between these 3, but he too has issues.

As others have said none of these guys are worthy of 12. Maybe 18-23 range or even lower?

One, for the umpteenth time, Jackson is NOT a running QB!! Why should Jackson hire an agent to take 3% of his money on a rookie contract? To hype him up? Let his tape do the talking. Seems like a sound financial decision to me. Why can't Jackson be considered a mobile QB like Rodgers, Mariota, Steve Young, even Elway? 

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Staying healthy in college doesnt mean much when you're talking about running around in a grown man's league like the NFL.

Vick and RG3 didnt have any injury history in college, because no one at that level could touch them. Different story when you get to the pros and everyone is faster and stronger.

RG3's career ended early. Vick was always dinged up. We've even seen the "thicker" guys like Wilson and Tyrod get nicked up recently.

Wentz's season was ended when he ran the ball and he's a stout dude. Watson blew an ACL already.

For a kid like Jackson who will run the ball in the NFL, and who has the frailest build Ive seen in a long time, an injury is a matter of when, not if.

Watson got hurt at practice, kinda like Kevin Kolb who wasn't mobile. These same "grown men" came from the collegiate ranks. Lamar played against many of them. He's a smart enough football player to avoid solid hits. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

One, for the umpteenth time, Jackson is NOT a running QB!! Why should Jackson hire an agent to take 3% of his money on a rookie contract? To hype him up? Let his tape do the talking. Seems like a sound financial decision to me. Why can't Jackson be considered a mobile QB like Rodgers, Mariota, Steve Young, even Elway? 

First, he isn't in Rodgers', Young's, or Elway's league when it comes to passing. Second, He ran the ball over 17 times per game in college.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So in this film of Rudolph throwing at OU's pro-day, is it just me or does he throw ducks sometimes?

about :15 - starts as a nice spiral, wobbly at the end

about :45 - wobble ball

about :52 - same

about 1:32 - same

about 2:35 - not quite as bad but

I 'get it' these are short/intermediate throws and you don't want them slung out of a cannon, but if the ball has so much off it that its' wobbling through the air, will it get there fast enough in the NFL or slice through a gusty wind?  Or is this just the new fashion for short/intermediate throws?  Didn't see in other prospects' pro day film of short throws.

Other times, he throws a good-looking ball with a nice, smooth spiral.  When he throws deep, he sure does throw a rainbow, though.

OSU film shows a long cut of Mike Tomlin talking on the sideline LOL

Haven't seen anyone suggesting Rudolph as a top-3 pick except "Pistols Firing", a blog from...wait for it....

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So in this film of Rudolph throwing at OU's pro-day, is it just me or does he throw ducks sometimes?

about :15 - starts as a nice spiral, wobbly at the end

about :45 - wobble ball

about :52 - same

about 1:32 - same

about 2:35 - not quite as bad but

I 'get it' these are short/intermediate throws and you don't want them slung out of a cannon, but if the ball has so much off it that its' wobbling through the air, will it get there fast enough in the NFL or slice through a gusty wind?  Or is this just the new fashion for short/intermediate throws?  Didn't see in other prospects' pro day film of short throws.

Other times, he throws a good-looking ball with a nice, smooth spiral.  When he throws deep, he sure does throw a rainbow, though.

OSU film shows a long cut of Mike Tomlin talking on the sideline LOL

Haven't seen anyone suggesting Rudolph as a top-3 pick except "Pistols Firing", a blog from...wait for it....

His biggest question mark is without a doubt his arm strength, but I believe it is adequate. It's not in the Peterman/Lauletta/Kellen Moore range.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

First, he isn't in Rodgers', Young's, or Elway's league when it comes to passing. Second, He ran the ball over 17 times per game in college.

Rodgers was Rodgers until the NFL. Young ran ALL THE TIME at BYU and at TB. Young will even tell you he had to learn to play from the pocket once he got to the league. Jackson is taking that same progression in his game. I'm not saying he's presently any of those guys, but he has the potential to be just as good. He definitely has the drive!!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think to paint a balanced picture here, you need to look at the injury history of pocket QB as well (Bradford, Stafford, Luck) and primarily pocket passers with mobility (Roethlisberger, Rodgers).

There are few QB in the NFL who don't get significantly injured in their careers, many multiple times.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Rodgers was Rodgers until the NFL. Young ran ALL THE TIME at BYU and at TB. Young will even tell you he had to learn to play from the pocket once he got to the league. Jackson is taking that same progression in his game. I'm not saying he's presently any of those guys, but he has the potential to be just as good. He definitely has the drive!!

Young ran 7.9 times per game compared to Jackson's 17.2. Jackson is a running QB until he proves otherwise.

29 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Watson got hurt at practice, kinda like Kevin Kolb who wasn't mobile. These same "grown men" came from the collegiate ranks. Lamar played against many of them. He's a smart enough football player to avoid solid hits. 

Jackson is most definitely a running QB. He is not merely a mobile passer.

And yeah, NFL players all played in college, but only the best of the best make the NFL. It's a completely different level and you know it. Much faster and harder hitting.

Toss Mariota on my list as well. Dinged up a lot already.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think to paint a balanced picture here, you need to look at the injury history of pocket QB as well (Bradford, Stafford, Luck) and primarily pocket passers with mobility (Roethlisberger, Rodgers).

There are few QB in the NFL who don't get significantly injured in their careers, many multiple times.

Sure, it's not a perfect science, but I see a greater risk in Jackson and his build than any of the pocket guys. JMO, and my reasoning.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

His biggest question mark is without a doubt his arm strength, but I believe it is adequate. It's not in the Peterman/Lauletta/Kellen Moore range.

Lauletta >> Peterman I think.  I don't know about Kellen Moore.

The Richmond pro day with Lauletta on Youtube is edited so that it's hard to really see a lot of the throws, but from what I could see I actually thought he threw a nicer spiral on the short stuff, and a deep ball that got there faster than Rudolph.  I could 100% be wrong though.  I like Rudolph.  I was surprised.  Maybe I'm wrong.