Josh Rosen most likely to fall out of top 10 due to injuries

I wouldn't believe anything that comes out right now. I keep thinking of the 2013 draft when Ryan Nassib, Geno Smith, and Matt Barkley were all seen as potential #1 overall picks. Wouldn't surprise me to see Rosen go to the Jets and Allen to fall out of the top 10 for example.

Rumor mills and smokescreens on eve of draft. Are they going to have a bong video of Rosen too? I still think Rosen is going top 5 especially if Bills vault into the top 5. Of course a small part of me wants the Bills to draft him at 7,8 or 9 since the Cards and Fins have assets to move into the top 10 to snare him. No way he slides past 10.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I wouldn't believe anything that comes out right now. I keep thinking of the 2013 draft when Ryan Nassib, Geno Smith, and Matt Barkley were all seen as potential #1 overall picks. Wouldn't surprise me to see Rosen go to the Jets and Allen to fall out of the top 10 for example.

Would you take that guy who had 2 years at Reedly Junior College and two years in college, (with a QB rating of 30 against Iowa  and 6 against Colorado) if he fell to us at #12?

8 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Would you take that guy who had 2 years at Reedly Junior College and two years in college, (with a QB rating of 30 against Iowa  and 6 against Colorado) if he fell to us at #12?

Nope I think he is a 3rd round prospect. For the next two offseasons we'd hear a lot of Russ Brandon-esque stories about how Allen is training with a "QB guru" and how at practice he's "the first to arrive and the last to leave." None of this will end up mattering and we'd get to watch Rosen, Darnold, and/or Mayfield quickly become top tier starters while we pray that Allen even becomes decent.

38 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I just don't he him falling out of the top 10. Miami is sitting there at 11, so assuming Rosen gets past pick 5 the Bills (Or Cardinals for that matter) will be calling the Colts, Bucs, Bears, 49ers, and Raiders to move up.

I get the concussions, but I find it odd that know one seems to be saying Allen might fall because of his shoulder. Allen had reconstructive surgery on his shoulder and its the same injury that  plagued Romo.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nope I think he is a 3rd round prospect. For the next two offseasons we'd hear a lot of Russ Brandon-esque stories about how Allen is training with a "QB guru" and how at practice he's "the first to arrive and the last to leave." None of this will end up mattering and we'd get to watch Rosen, Darnold, and/or Mayfield quickly become top tier starters while we pray that Allen even becomes decent.

I have no quarrel with your stand that Allen of the top tier qbs is far from being ready. Most people would agree with you. And I have no problem with you rating him as a 3rd round prospect because it will take him more than a year or two to be prepared to be a starter, assuming he ever reaches that level of capability. But what you are stating is understood by teams that draft him, including the Bills. You are essentially gambling that his football awareness/instincts catches up with his physical talents. 

I would have no problem with the Bills drafting Allen without having to give up much to make the selection. I would be against selecting him if a lot of our assets were dealt to get him. On the other hand I would have no problem dealing off picks for Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield.  

The point I'm making is under the right circumstance he is worth taking. Is he more of a gamble that the other top tier qbs? Of course. Few would deny the increased risk. What it comes down to is it worth gambling on a major unrefined talent? I say yes if the price is right/reasonable.  

11 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Josh Allen = Paxton Lynch

That's the essence of the debate. Is Allen nothing more than a physical talent for a position that requires mental acuity that he doesn't now have? Or does he have the ability and wherewithal to improve his processing of the game to match his tools. Is he nothing more than a player with an impressive physical profile but lags in the attributes that are essential to play the position? Some people are willing to throw the dice and other people are not. 

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

That's the essence of the debate. Is Allen nothing more than a physical talent for a position that requires mental acuity that he doesn't now have? Or does he have the ability and wherewithal to improve his processing of the game to match his tools. Is he nothing more than a player with an impressive physical profile but lags in the attributes that are essential to play the position? Some people are willing to throw the dice and other people are not. 

That is basically what I was saying in allot fewer words LOL

23 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Ah, my mistake. However, you have no idea what my knowledge of Josh Allen is. You're just assuming. And as to "literally," did you not see the 2nd definition? It can also be used as hyperbole. (look it up)

Yes, I am, in fact, assuming that you aren't a diehard Wyoming football fan and haven't watched every game Josh Allen played live and attended four of them.  If I am wrong in this assumption, I apologize.  Go Pokes! 

Edited by metzelaars_lives