RIP R Lee Ermey

Beast

I met him when he filmed an episode of Mail Call while I was stationed on Fort Knox. All of my superiors were around him acting like he was an A-list celebrity. I walked up to him and said "Hey, Emery Lee, big fan of that movie you were in, Jacket Full Of Metal!"

I got in some trouble for that....

Edited by FappyTheClown

8 hours ago, FappyTheClown said:

I met him when he filmed an episode of Mail Call while I was stationed on Fort Knox. All of my superiors were around him acting like he was an A-list celebrity. I walked up to him and said "Hey, Emery Lee, big fan of that movie you were in, Jacket Full Of Metal!"

I got in some trouble for that....

Yeah, saying dumb, non-witty things, while being in the military, will land one in hot water.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, Fadingpain said:

He was also in a lot of Discovery Channel type military documentaries in recent years, focusing on various types of military hardware and what not.

I always liked him and thought he was fantastic in FMJ.  Ironically, I think he wasn't acting in that movie; he was just doing his own thing from the Corps!  I'm sure some of those lines were not written in any script; they were too good.

Oscar worthy, IMO... There's absolutely no movie without that performance...

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Oscars are awarded for acting.

He wasn't.

Of course he was... The only difference was he performed it 20 years earlier in the real Marine corps...  But, by all means give Halle Berry an Oscar for faking an Orgasm with Billy Bob Thornton.

17 hours ago, dpberr said:

Need a military guy in your movie? 

You only needed two phone numbers for like the last 30 years of television and movie making:  Ermey or Dale Dye.  

Dale Dye has become the modern day Richard Jaeckel...

3 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Dale Dye has become the modern day Richard Jaeckel...

Yes!  Good call.

When I was typing my post yesterday, I was thinking of who is the heir apparent to the Ermey/Dye wing of actors.  Only guys that came to mind was Lance Reddick and Colin Salmon.

Fortunately those guys are already in control of the "we need a 6'+ tall *black* military guy" demand.