Trump Pardons Another Republican Criminal

Using his pardon power in a purely political manner. Yes, I'm sure Trump understands what the issues were in the case and thinks old Scooter was wronged by the mean old justice system. 

Lewis “Scooter” Libby, a former chief of staff to Vice President Richard B. Cheney was convicted in 2007 of perjury and obstruction of justice in connection with the leak of a CIA officer’s identity. His sentence was commuted by President George W. Bush. Although Libby was spared jail time, he was not pardoned.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You do believe that, I'm sure. That POS Row probably does too 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You do believe that, I'm sure. That POS Row probably does too 

What????  WTF is Row???

Judith Miller: Scooter Libby pardon is ‘long overdue’

Former NY Times reporter Judith Miller’s testimony played a significant role in the case of Scooter Libby both when she originally made it and later when she recanted it. Now that Libby has officially been pardoned, Miller talked to Fox News to explain why she believes this was the right decision.

“I think it’s long overdue,” Miller said. She continued, “Ever since I got out of jail and began trying to look into the details of the Scooter Libby case…I became persuaded that my testimony had been in error and that he, in fact, had done nothing wrong.

But................Hey, what does she know ?

Edited by B-Man

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Using his pardon power in a purely political manner. Yes, I'm sure Trump understands what the issues were in the case and thinks old Scooter was wronged by the mean old justice system. 

Lewis “Scooter” Libby, a former chief of staff to Vice President Richard B. Cheney was convicted in 2007 of perjury and obstruction of justice in connection with the leak of a CIA officer’s identity. His sentence was commuted by President George W. Bush. Although Libby was spared jail time, he was not pardoned.

...dude, don’t ya think Libby’s done enough time? Seriously, I had an Army buddy who killed his wife after Libby was in prison and has been out for years. Now, I think my friend should still be in prison but it’s kinda like if he’s out why isn’t Libby? 

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/web/news/article_c54db7d2-442b-11e2-91ed-0019bb2963f4.html

See....he emptied an entire magazine into her in his garage. She was a sweet girl too. He’s been out of prison for years. So, compare his crime to Libby’s. Part of the reason common law sucks and code law is superior. 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

By the way, out of curiosity and due to my fascination/obsession with Rome, why the name “Tiberius?”

16 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

...dude, don’t ya think Libby’s done enough time? Seriously, I had an Army buddy who killed his wife after Libby was in prison and has been out for years. Now, I think my friend should still be in prison but it’s kinda like if he’s out why isn’t Libby? 

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/web/news/article_c54db7d2-442b-11e2-91ed-0019bb2963f4.html

See....he emptied an entire magazine into her in his garage. She was a sweet girl too. He’s been out of prison for years. So, compare his crime to Libby’s. Part of the reason common law sucks and code law is superior. 

By the way, out of curiosity and due to my fascination/obsession with Rome, why the name “Tiberius?”

Libby never went to prison because his sentence was commuted by George W. Bush. He has since gotten back his ability to practice law and today was pardoned by Trump. Part of that is what you quoted.

28 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

A sick and twisted pedophile of an Emperor

That’s who Tibs patterns after

37 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The name is a combination of love of history--Tiberious Graccus and Star Trek James Tiberius Kirk 

F

or other Romans with the same name, see Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus (disambiguation).

Tiberius Gracchus (LatinTI·SEMPRONIVS·TI·F·P·N·GRACCVS; born c. 169–164 – 133 BC)[1][2] was a Roman populist and reformist politician of the 2nd century BC. He was a son of Tiberius Gracchus the Elder and Cornelia Africana. As a plebeian tribune, Tiberius Gracchus caused political turmoil in the Republic with his reforms of agrarian legislation that sought to transfer land from wealthy, predominantly patrician landowners to poorer citizens. He was murdered, along with many of his supporters, by members of the Roman Senate and supporters of the conservative Optimate faction. A decade later, his younger brother, Gaius Gracchus, attempted similar legislation, and suffered a similar fate.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The name is a combination of love of history--Tiberious Graccus and Star Trek James Tiberius Kirk 

F

Ah! The Grachi! I always see it and think about the more famous Tiberius and his goddamn treason trials. That makes sense, especially if you’re liberal. Gotcha. ?

By the way — what happened to the Grachi? Learn the lesson!

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

A sick and twisted pedophile of an Emperor

That’s who Tibs patterns after

I’m not sure if the pedo rumors were true. Romans were never afraid to revise history to meet their political needs. 

And he did do many good things. But yeah, he went off the deep end. 

28 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Libby never went to prison because his sentence was commuted by George W. Bush. He has since gotten back his ability to practice law and today was pardoned by Trump. Part of that is what you quoted.

I didn’t google and I don’t remember it well. I remember thinking Libby did something wrong but it was a political witch hunt. I thought he went to prison though. Didn’t know that. 

Edited by The_Dude