Luke Easterling's Final 2018 Draft Board

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

My impression is that Beane wants a big pocket passer.  Some think he might be interested in Josh Allen because of arm strength and size comparison to Cam.  One of the concerns with Jackson,  merited or not, is whether he can hold up.  Is he likely to be another RG3 or not?  I don't think your surmise is completely implausible, but it is counter to most of what I have heard/read.

That's what Jackson was at Louisville under Petrino.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think the pocket passer thing they've been talking about, them not showing a lot of interest in Jackson and the Bills liking Allen rumors where smokescreens. I just get the feeling that the media and fans are getting head faked by the whole league who see Jackson as one of the top two or three QBs in this draft. Only a couple more weeks when teams have to start laying their cards on the table. Most anticipated draft ever.

Edited by 1billsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

Unless there is a whole lot of pre-draft headfaking and smokescreening going on (which is possible) I think his QB ranking is a bit of an outlier. 

I think Jackson could turn into an other wordly elite playmaker at the next level but I don't believe that his # 1 grade reflects the consensus of scout/GM opinion. I also doubt that a lot of teams have Mayfield ahead of Darnold, and that would make sense to me. If I'm guessing (can't do otherwise)  I'd say Beane grades these guys as follows:

Darnold

Rosen

Allen

Mayfield

Jackson

For what its worth my pecking order is

Rosen

Jackson

Darnold

Mayfield

Allen

Depending on where in the first you get to draft them I'd be happy to have any of them, with Rosen, Jackson, Darnold top 10 (or lets say top 12 to personalize it more) Baker mid round and Josh Allen back end (though I'd be fine with # 22).

On 4/13/2018 at 1:00 PM, 1billsfan said:

I think the pocket passer thing they've been talking about, them not showing a lot of interest in Jackson and the Bills liking Allen rumors where smokescreens. I just get the feeling that the media and fans are getting head faked by the whole league who see Jackson as one of the top two or three QBs in this draft. Only a couple more weeks when teams have to start laying their cards on the table. Most anticipated draft ever.

Can only speak for myself.

But Yes. Hang on Kids !!

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And most likely the shortest!

I'll either be celebrating by pick #6, or have the tv off, puking.

You should not expect anything. Wait and see. keep hope that Bills are much much smarter than  we are. At some points in time we Fans have been smarter. much much smarter than the FO in regard to the draft.

lets see how they do and not get sick over it. we need you healthy for OTAs !

• Like (+1) 1