Stub Hub works with some teams to increase profits.

i hate scalpers.  and Stub Hub scalps the scalpers.  i think the leagues should only allow the ticket to be used by the purchaser and if you have to sell it for some reason then you transfer it through their own website so you cant profit on it

• Sad 1

4 hours before gametime Stubhub closes the Blue Jays ticket window, will not allow prices to drop or new tickets to go on sale

btw, this is old news for the Jays on the profit, not sure what The Star wants to act like this was a big scoop, low even by their standards...

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

i hate scalpers.  and Stub Hub scalps the scalpers.  i think the leagues should only allow the ticket to be used by the purchaser and if you have to sell it for some reason then you transfer it through their own website so you cant profit on it

I believe that was the original intent of nflticketexchange but no tickets ended up there.

I remember watching them cuff and stuff some black men for selling tickets for a profit outside the old Auditoirum

Now we have white collars setting up online shops for ticket resales and all of sudden scalping is legal, and teams are joining in to fleece their own fans

things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm

13 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I believe that was the original intent of nflticketexchange but no tickets ended up there.

My problem with Ticket Exchange is I can not set the pricing as low as I want, like you can with Stub Hub. 

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Stubhub is BIG TIME!!!!  helping the scalpers for Jays games by shutting down the auction process 4 hours before game time.

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

My problem with Ticket Exchange is I can not set the pricing as low as I want, like you can with Stub Hub. 

I know, how am i supposed to sell preseason tickets for $60. Best bet is to sell them for $6 on stub hub.

7 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Uh, you can profit form your ticket sales on stub hub.....

I love stubhub.  Gotten many Knicks tickets there.  I don't understand the problem here.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Uh, you can profit form your ticket sales on stub hub.....

I love stubhub.  Gotten many Knicks tickets there.  I don't understand the problem here.  

I don't like anyone profiting from ticket sales except for the teams

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I don't like anyone profiting from ticket sales except for the teams

Wow...

You know that the team already profited when they sold you the ticket right?  In this country, citizens are free to see their possessions for whatever the market thinks they are worth.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow...

You know that the team already profited when they sold you the ticket right?  In this country, citizens are free to see their possessions for whatever the market thinks they are worth.

The ticket itself isn't worth anything more than the paper it's printed on. It's up to the team whether or not they want to admit you.

I have a problem with people buying up the available tickets and then selling for more than they paid (scalping). There are good honest people that want to go to the games that can't afford season tickets and can barely afford the face value of the individual ticket. Then you have the people that buy the leftover tickets and sell them for double the price. It's not right and it can be easily stopped in today's digital age. I'm looking forward to when they close that loophole.

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

The ticket itself isn't worth anything more than the paper it's printed on. It's up to the team whether or not they want to admit you.

I have a problem with people buying up the available tickets and then selling for more than they paid (scalping). There are good honest people that want to go to the games that can't afford season tickets and can barely afford the face value of the individual ticket. Then you have the people that buy the leftover tickets and sell them for double the price. It's not right and it can be easily stopped in today's digital age. I'm looking forward to when they close that loophole.

There has been season after season where December tickets to Bills home games could be purchased for far less than their face value on the secondary market.  It works both ways--did you not know that?  Of course you did.

"Good honest people" can buy these tickets for a fraction of what they cost the original buyer.  I really don't know what you are railing against at this point.  If someone buys something that is "available" to anyone and later sells it for more than they paid for it to someone who didn't bother to buy it when it was "available", why on earth would you have a problem with that?

• Like (+1) 1

You need to look at the big picture. Computer bots that instantly buy up tickets so that they can be sold for large profits. Smaller venues where people are on waiting Iists to even go to a game unless they pay the high mark ups. It's illegal in many states for a reason and it's a loophole that can be easily closed if not for a big company like StubHub lining the team's pockets to not shut them out

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

You need to look at the big picture. Computer bots that instantly buy up tickets so that they can be sold for large profits. Smaller venues where people are on waiting Iists to even go to a game unless they pay the high mark ups. It's illegal in many states for a reason and it's a loophole that can be easily closed if not for a big company like StubHub lining the team's pockets to not shut them out

Wait, first you say you only want the team to profit from ticket sales, now you are railing against Stub Hub for lining the  team's pockets with profits.

Look, I'm against "bots" buying up tickets as well.  But in this country, that ticket is yours and you are allowed to sell it for a profit or  a loss--whatever you can get for it.  It really shouldn't matter to you or me what someone else gets for his or her ticket.  

I used the Knick tickets as an example.  For the first time in a few years, I was able to buy through stub hub (from an actual person) a ticket for a few dollars LESS than face value (I was prepared to pay more).  Two years we went to Cleveland for  Game 4 of the Finals with Stubhub---and paid less per ticket than they charged for a night at an absolute dump of a chain hotel room  within walking distance to the arena (a $100 dollar room charged $450 that night only).

This is how the world works.  Participate or don't, it's always up to you...

Edited by Mr. WEO

This is the problem.  And, it's being downplayed.  Teams and now concerts are starting their prices super high.  If they don't sell straight on Ticketmaster or whatever, they use the cloak of Stubhub, etc. to then sell them for whatever the market is:

StubHub’s Lehrman couldn’t confirm whether the Jays have placed their own seats directly for sale on the scalping service. But he said other MLB teams have done so.

“There have been instances in the past where some teams have used us as an alternative distribution channel. It’s something we would encourage teams to do. But it doesn’t happen very often.”

10 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Wow, really? You want to teams to make more money? Why?

By the way, this is exactly what the Pats do.