2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

27 minutes ago, thebug said:

Justin Timberlake concert in Nashville tonight. 

I dont care about no damn concert..wife is out of town tonight, i had plans for buddies, beers, wings and Game 7...now they done gone and ruined that! And its all about me dag gonnit!

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/7/2018 at 10:35 AM, jmc12290 said:

Well I was a little confused why you thought winning wasn't a positive as the alternative to winning is losing, and that would be a much bigger negative, IMO.

I do disagree a little bit though. When building a fan base, you have to get the kids. The 6-20s year old demographic. You get those fans by being winners, because kids love winners. Then they are fans for life. And their kids are fans.

Look at the Bills in the 90s and most of our fanbase. How many lifelong fans did that Super Bowl era beget? Versus the 2000-2010 era? 

You're right, no absolutes. But success out of the gate is a positive when it comes to growing a fan base, IMO.

Pretty interesting article here on the success of the Knights and the effect it could have on the fan base..its at the end but interesting read.Somewhat a blend of what you are saying here and what @eball and I think.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23444016/2018-stanley-cup-playoffs-championship-too-much-too-soon-vegas-golden-knights-fan-base-nhl

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Oh... Thought it was 2.

Nice.  Too clean.  Perfect.  Neurotic isn't "cool."  "Chill" with a dirty van is. 

Culture appropriation!  You should be ashamed of yourself!

:D:P

J/K w/you.

LOL. 

He has a two-story warehouse full of classic cars. All mint condition. To be honest this guy is more of an acquaintance than a "friend".  I'm appropriating his props!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

This "no hockey" for 2 straight nights is killing me.  

Should be a good game tomorrow, at least I hope so.

Would love to see Vegas keep winning.  

Jets already swept the Knights! You must have been looking on the wrong channels!

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Pretty interesting article here on the success of the Knights and the effect it could have on the fan base..its at the end but interesting read.Somewhat a blend of what you are saying here and what @eball and I think.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23444016/2018-stanley-cup-playoffs-championship-too-much-too-soon-vegas-golden-knights-fan-base-nhl

I will take: How Bush League NHL Tinkers with Game for $1000 Alex.

The NHL doling out sweetheart rules of expansion for The Golden Kinghts and they win Stanley Cup in first year as this organization & fanbase chronically gets screwed by anything but sweetheat rules.

What are the Buffalo Sabres (fans kept on crooked leash forever.) "Skate in crease rule" "Institute a draft lottery rule to stop perceived tanking", etc.. etc..

Dummy me ??

Watched the first period of the Nashville and Winnipeg tonight,then discovered it was a replay.

GEEEZ and GRRRR.

Will try it again tomorrow night.

Edited by CowgirlsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Dummy me ??

Watched the first period of the Nashville and Winnipeg tonight,then discovered it was a replay.

GEEEZ and GRRRR.

Will try it again tomorrow night.

You are the one that is usually on top of all this stuff! Surprised you got fooled!

6 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Always a first.?

I blame my out of sorts baseball team.

I knew something was amiss when the first period ended,they went to the commercial and the second period immediately began.?

Or when they say "This program has been edited due to time constraints".  Good bet it's not live.

What a lousy game last night.  After a really strong start to the playoffs, there have been quite a few lopsided games this year where you knew who was going to win pretty early on.  

I'm hoping for better tonight.

The NHL and its advertisers must LOVE this final four among mega super markets: Vegas, Winnipeg, Tampa and DC.  

I wish we could have somehow gotten a Vegas vs. Winnipeg final, as I'd like one of those teams to win it all.

Someone’s in a mood.  :D

Tampa was outscored 10-4 in total in their series openers. 

Now either they will get their crap together or Washington will win out.  

From what I heard NBCSN pushed for the Sunday 8 PM spot.  

So is it the NHL or the networks or both that want viewership?