TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

Pats select Maurice hurst dt Michigan. Plugging that front seven. 

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

McCarron started in the NFL and should of won a playoff game, Jackson cannot even beat Mississippi ST. 

Not what I asked 

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

@Virgil are we doing only two rounds or you going to add a third?

Two good sir

9 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Sorry, I wanted to stay in the silent majority who voted for Jackson at #12. One too many jabs at Jackson, I will refrain.

I get it. Trust me, I have many opinions on this so far. I just don’t want the actual picks to get lost in other conversation. 

I previous thought the only thing that would make me unhappy was a trade up for Allen. I now know that I was wrong. This draft would infuriate me

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Two good sir

I get it. Trust me, I have many opinions on this so far. I just don’t want the actual picks to get lost in other conversation. 

I previous thought the only thing that would make me unhappy was a trade up for Allen. I now know that I was wrong. This draft would infuriate me

Ok Appreciate it, just checking for proper priority for the Lions

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The beauty of this draft is that you'd have a well-rounded QB group with the veteran in McCarron, the potential star in waiting in Jackson, and the developmental QB in Peterson. Then you just added a huge body in the middle of the defense, AND you still have two 2nds and two 3rds, AND all of next years high picks.

16 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

The beauty of this draft is that you'd have a well-rounded QB group with the veteran in McCarron, the potential star in waiting in Jackson, and the developmental QB in Peterson. Then you just added a huge body in the middle of the defense, AND you still have two 2nds and two 3rds, AND all of next years high picks.

If the draft fell like this it would be absolutely disastrous for the Bills.  They reached TWICE for lesser prospects.

12 Should have been NOT a QB (EDGE - Davenport and took Rudolph later)

22 with a reach at QB (Jackson) they then took a Star Clone, good against the run no pass rush and left the interior Pass Rush DT in Hurst on the board for NE.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If the draft fell like this it would be absolutely disastrous for the Bills.  They reached TWICE for lesser prospects.

12 Should have been NOT a QB (EDGE - Davenport and took Rudolph later)

22 with a reach at QB (Jackson) they then took a Star Clone, good against the run no pass rush and left the interior Pass Rush DT in Hurst on the board for NE.

I have a feeling that fans and media have a much lower opinion of Jackson than NFL teams do. I think he goes no later than 15. Also, I have a hard time seeing Rudolph as any better of a QB prospect than either McCarron or Peterman. I'm looking for a high ceiling QB prospect.

We'll eventually find out how it all goes down.

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

I have a feeling that fans and media have a much lower opinion of Jackson than NFL teams do. I think he goes no later than 15. Also, I have a hard time seeing Rudolph as any better of a QB prospect than either McCarron or Peterman. I'm looking for a high ceiling QB prospect.

I hear what you are saying, but the board here panicked twice based on losing who they wanted.  Jackson is not any type of fit for the Offense the Bills will employ.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I hear what you are saying, but the board here panicked twice based on losing who they wanted.  Jackson is not any type of fit for the Offense the Bills will employ.

Your opinion was that it was a panic move, mine was that it was a totally logical choice. Just like it should have been logical to take either Mahomes or Watson last year.

As for the offense, I think the offense will be perfect for Jackson because the new OC is coming straight from college and if he's selected, it would be a hybrid offense like Jackson played in Louisville.

6 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Your opinion was that it was a panic move, mine was that it was a totally logical choice. Just like it should have been logical to take either Mahomes or Watson last year.

As for the offense, I think the offense will be perfect for Jackson because the new OC is coming straight from college and if he's selected, it would be a hybrid offense like Jackson played in Louisville.

And yet it isn't.

the Erhardt-Perkins system is not a fit for Lamar Jackson's type of play.

http://grantland.com/features/how-terminology-erhardt-perkins-system-helped-maintain-dominance-tom-brady-patriots/

34 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I’m not going to let you suck me in, but......?

If that were the case, I don’t think so many teams would want to see him try out as a Wide Receiver 

Edited by Virgil

Obviously the most anticipated pick of the draft

With the 25th pick the Tennessee Titans select  HAROLD LANDRY, BOSTON COLLEGE

1/4th of the Titans sacks came from there OLB position last year. But our two starters, Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan, are both over 30 and are free agents at the end of the year so we are filling a much needed hole with this pick.

The Falcons and @Watkins101 are on the clock

Edited by Mr Wild

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

if we don't have an OC that can't change his offense to the qb we have the wrong OC.  Look at the eagles. changed their scheme to fit Foles instead of running the same one and they won a superbowl. Texans doing it as well.  

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m not going to let you suck me in, but......

If that were the case, I don’t think so many teams would want to see him try out as a Wide Receiver 

In fairness, which teams?

There have been reports of "multiple teams" from "sources with knowledge of the situation", but not one team I can think of has gone on the record. Matter of fact most teams say he should be a QB, at least in the media. I think it's more than fair to wonder if "Jackson should be a WR" should be filed under the same heading of "We see Cordy as a guard in the NFL.".

That said if he's the choice at 12, we may be in severe trouble imo. ??