TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

40 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You know, other fan message boards would have had the Dolphins pick someone random, then let us have Rosen at #12.  Only the Bills board could inflict enough harm on itself where we enact scenarios were two division rivals get top 4 QBs and we panic and take the 5th guy.

For everyone who complained about the trade mock being unrealistic, this one blows it out of the water in that regard.

Well , you should realize some of the properties of the (not very good record) teams picking ahead of us.  Of the 11, a few of them badly need quarterbacks.  Most of them have "franchise QB's" already but are weak everywhere else.  A good way to join those teams who pick early is to sell the entire farm for a "franchise QB" while the rest of your team is sub-par. ...........  When you don't allow trade ups, the teams in the middle and top of the league are prevented from moving up to snare their QB of the future.  They can afford it because they don't have as desperate a need to restock the rest of the roster.  (It is a team game after all)........ Now somehow we have to find a way to make it illegal for all these other teams to trade up, so we have that method all to ourselves.

7 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

With the 15th overall selection, the Arizona Cardinals select........

Connor Williams, OT, Texas

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter Apr26

And with this pick, Sam Bradford will have the opportunity to see his 31st Birthday.

Bradford - "Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus."

The Ravens @BuffaloHokie13 are on the clock

Williams is the real deal,pro bowl material for sure.I was hoping the Bills would have selected him.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You know, other fan message boards would have had the Dolphins pick someone random, then let us have Rosen at #12.  Only the Bills board could inflict enough harm on itself where we enact scenarios were two division rivals get top 4 QBs and we panic and take the 5th guy.

For everyone who complained about the trade mock being unrealistic, this one blows it out of the water in that regard.

Good Lord.  Why would the fish pass on getting somebody at #11, who people thing is one of the top 2 QB's and a surefire franchise QB?   How many people had Rosen being drafted in the top 4 ! They can let him learn the ropes and next year trade Tanneyhill  and draft a backup in the 3rd in 2019 or hire one of the many failed former 1st rounders who are looking for work.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Good Lord.  Why would the fish pass on getting somebody at #11, who people thing is one of the top 2 QB's and a surefire franchise QB?   How many people had Rosen being drafted in the top 4 ! They can let him learn the ropes and next year trade Tanneyhill  and draft a backup in the 3rd in 2019 or hire one of the many failed former 1st rounders who are looking for work.

As the Dolphins GM I would be shopping Tannehil while letting my 10 minutes almost run out.  I would then continue to shop him until I got a pick in the top 2 rounds.  With this pick Rosen becomes the immediate starter and Tanny goes trade bait route.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think it all makes this draft completely realistic, if thats what you are saying. That is a total Billsy thing to have happen.

Yes it is, to take a QB exactly like the one we just had for 3 years and traded away, very Billsy. Ill lose a bunch of respect for this staff if Jackson is who we end up with. All the talk about a pocket QB, SMH

Edited by xRUSHx

43 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Am I the only one who loves this draft?

Allen will be a bust for the Jets, Rosen is going to have an injury riddled "Sam Bradford" career with the Dolphins and the Bills just got an even better version of DeShaun Watson picking Lamar Jackson at #12.

You sir are accuse the great gm section22 of making a mistake. Josh Rosen will get banged up, play 1 or 2 phenomenal seasons with the dolphins deep into the playoffs. Fight with his coach. Become a FA , get PAID.. and loaf around Albert haynsworth style in a short career. Then the dolphins will revive a stagnant tannehill from AZ or DEN. Genius.

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Am I the only one who loves this draft?

Allen will be a bust for the Jets, Rosen is going to have an injury riddled "Sam Bradford" career with the Dolphins and the Bills just got an even better version of DeShaun Watson picking Lamar Jackson at #12.

IMO, Yep your the only one.

Jets will be a top team with the Fish for many years and our running Tyrod will be on IR every year with those toothpick legs.

58 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Calm down man..this is not the real draft day...check out NFLN...they have a old Ravens/Steelers game on...Sportscenter is on ESPN. Man...hang loose..have a couple Jack and Cokes and ride the wave....

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Calm down man..this is not the real draft day...check out NFLN...they have a old Ravens/Steelers game on...Sportscenter is on ESPN. Man...hang loose..have a couple Jack and Cokes and ride the wave....

I was joking.

With the 18th pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select Mike McGlinchey, Offensive Tackle, Notre Dame.

Seahawks GM GunnerBill made the following statement: "He was the best player on our board. We are going to rebuild this team the right way and Mike can be a starter for us for a very long time."

@EmotionallyUnstable and the Dallas Cowboys are now on the clock. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1