If Bills give up as much as 4 or 5 picks for a QB

On 4/5/2018 at 2:06 PM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Would you be upset if he didn’t start this year? The amount of picks they are talking about giving up, for a guy who may not even play this year seems crazy. If we move up does AJ still have a shot to start? And if AJ starts does he have much chance of success with the team with all the holes we will still have giving all our picks away?

If we also give next years First rounder it could be a very high pick with all the holes we will have this year imagine finally getting the #1 pick next year and we gave it away seems like a Bills thing to happen!

If he can block..line him up at guard..some people think anybody can play guard.

On 4/5/2018 at 2:10 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Had not pondered this until just now. 

If Beane is going to sell the ranch for the big splash...you start him week in and week out.No excuses..when the team is 1-8 in mid November and 45 k are at the stadium for games....no complaing.

9 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

If he can block..line him up at guard..some people think anybody can play guard.

If Beane is going to sell the ranch for the big splash...you start him week in and week out.No excuses..when the team is 1-8 in mid November and 45 k are at the stadium for games....no complaing.

I'm sure he's only thinking of the 2018 season just as you seem to be.  

Nice BBFS attitude BTW.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm sure he's only thinking of the 2018 season just as you seem to be.  

Nice BBFS attitude BTW.

Hey..I don't want the national media mocking us again...I got so bloody sick and tired  of hearing about our playoff drought.That gorilla is off our backs..I'm getting old..I want to see a competitive team now...I'm sick and tired of hoping,dreaming and being told about the future.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

Hey..I don't want the national media mocking us again...I got so bloody sick and tired  of hearing about our playoff drought.That gorilla is off our backs..I'm getting old..I want to see a competitive team now...I'm sick and tired of hoping,dreaming and being told about the future.

You are actually saying you want more of the same mediocrity by not doing what it takes to secure the most important position in major team sports. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You are actually saying you want more of the same mediocrity by not doing what it takes to secure the most important position in major team sports. 

Of course not..in my perfect world Mayfield or Allen will still be there..and we lose no picks.We need good bodies in here..

20 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Consider yoga, meditation, or perhaps massage.

There ain't a player in NFL history who came with a guarantee or a refund, and yet players like Wentz and many others weren't acquired without giving up major draft booty.

And no, I wouldn't mind a bit if they gave him a year on the bench. The higher you get a guy the more you need to develop him correctly and carefully. 

Quick question: who are the elite QBs in the league right now? Brady, surely. Brees? Rodgers? Philip Rivers? Carson Palmer last year? Can we agree on those? Wanna leave Rivers and Palmer out? What do they all have in common?

They were all drafted over a decade ago... ?

Quick question: who are all the QBs of the NFL who will dominate the league for the next decade and be thrust into that "elite QB" conversation, if they aren't already there? Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson, surely. Matt Ryan? Stafford? Carr? Newton? Wentz? Goff? Prescott? Mariota?

What do they all have in common?

All drafted within the last 10 years.  All started year 1... a few sat a handful of games, but all were under center taking fire by the end of their rookie years.

It's a new league.  What Kansas City did last year was the exception to the new norm.  And they had the luxury of doing it with a pretty good starter at QB.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 4/5/2018 at 2:06 PM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Would you be upset if he didn’t start this year? The amount of picks they are talking about giving up, for a guy who may not even play this year seems crazy. If we move up does AJ still have a shot to start? And if AJ starts does he have much chance of success with the team with all the holes we will still have giving all our picks away?

If we also give next years First rounder it could be a very high pick with all the holes we will have this year imagine finally getting the #1 pick next year and we gave it away seems like a Bills thing to happen!

If it's anyone other than Rosen, I would not be in favor of him starting this year. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

If it's anyone other than Rosen, I would not be in favor of him starting this year. 

I think Mayfield is 100% capable of starting from week 1.

And in much the way he won the a starting QB job at a DI school as a walk-on, I expect he'd come in and be starting by mid-season if not from week 1.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think Mayfield is 100% capable of starting from week 1.

And in much the way he won the a starting QB job at a DI school as a walk-on, I expect he'd come in and be starting by mid-season if not from week 1.

Depends how quickly he adapts to working from under center. Not an insignificant procedure.

On 4/5/2018 at 1:06 PM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

To me it’s all about getting our franchise QB if that Happens no one will care how many picks we gave up including the first overall in 2019 , 

i would rather HAVE our QB for the next decade, then the 1st overall pick in the next year draft 

42 minutes ago, Putin said:

To me it’s all about getting our franchise QB if that Happens no one will care how many picks we gave up including the first overall in 2019 , 

i would rather HAVE our QB for the next decade, then the 1st overall pick in the next year draft 

And if they move up and give away multiple 1st round picks including next year's pick and he turns out to be a David Carr?  Will you be alright with Bills being in tank for 2+ years?

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And if they move up and give away multiple 1st round picks including next year's pick and he turns out to be a David Carr?  Will you be alright with Bills being in tank for 2+ years?

it all really falls into the 'we'll see' category. unless u were the Bills and picked a sure loser like EJ

Just now, Limeaid said:

On your second Question and  I’m sure most would agree with me the answer is YES !! 

2 year tank = development , to make sure our biggest investment probably in the history of our franchise , will have an opportunity to be successful ( hopefully) for the next decade , 

So yes and again yes , and for once in the

( since late 90’s ) off-season will talk about something else besides how we can get in the playoffs without a QB ! 

Your first question is a little tricky ! David Carr ha ? I hope he will be better then David Carr , 

IMO Carr is still a question mark , just because I haven’t seen enough form him , but from what I have seen  I think he can be a great QB !! 

12 minutes ago, Putin said:

On your second Question and  I’m sure most would agree with me the answer is YES !! 

2 year tank = development , to make sure our biggest investment probably in the history of our franchise , will have an opportunity to be successful ( hopefully) for the next decade , 

So yes and again yes , and for once in the

( since late 90’s ) off-season will talk about something else besides how we can get in the playoffs without a QB ! 

Your first question is a little tricky ! David Carr ha ? I hope he will be better then David Carr , 

IMO Carr is still a question mark , just because I haven’t seen enough form him , but from what I have seen  I think he can be a great QB !! 

If you are willing to move up giving multiple picks including possibility of both 1sts, both 2nds and next year's 1st then you have to be okay with multiple years of being terrible without going on the menstrual rag.  BTW David Carr was Houston's #1 pick and everyone was saying that he was a great pick at the time; the second Carr, Derek Carr, is still a question mark.

50 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If you are willing to move up giving multiple picks including possibility of both 1sts, both 2nds and next year's 1st then you have to be okay with multiple years of being terrible without going on the menstrual rag.  BTW David Carr was Houston's #1 pick and everyone was saying that he was a great pick at the time; the second Carr, Derek Carr, is still a question mark.

I don’t understand why you keep insisting that will be terrible for multiple years like it’s a FACT ? It’s a good possibility , but that is to be expected with any rookie QB , and what is exactly terrible ( IYO ) ?  

Record wise> 3-13 ? 6-10 ? If we can win 6-7 games do you consider that terrible?

if we don’t make the playoffs what difference does it make ? If we finish 4-12 or 8-8 ? 

The only thing that matters is that we see improvement ( in our rookie QB ) from week to week , if at the end of the season we can scratch off QB position as a need in the upcoming draft what else can we for ??? 

I prey that this Christmas( for the first time in 20 years )  I won’t have to threaten Santa anymore !!! 

17 minutes ago, Putin said:

I don’t understand why you keep insisting that will be terrible for multiple years like it’s a FACT ? It’s a good possibility , but that is to be expected with any rookie QB , and what is exactly terrible ( IYO ) ?  

I prey that this Christmas( for the first time in 20 years )  I won’t have to threaten Santa anymore !!! 

I do not think it is a FACT but it is a possibility and for pitchfork and torch bearers with Saint Sullivan medals will say they WANT to sacrifice picks but when the Bills are doing poorly the sharpen their pitchforks are refill their tiki torches anyways.

And stop preying on Santa!

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I do not think it is a FACT but it is a possibility and for pitchfork and torch bearers with Saint Sullivan medals will say they WANT to sacrifice picks but when the Bills are doing poorly the sharpen their pitchforks are refill their tiki torches anyways.

And stop preying on Santa!

Your probably right about pitchforks being sharpened and torches coming out 

( people ) 

I’ll try to keep Santa out of this mess 

On 4/10/2018 at 9:51 AM, Thurman#1 said:

And no, I wouldn't mind a bit if they gave him a year on the bench. The higher you get a guy the more you need to develop him correctly and carefully. 

Quick question: who are the elite QBs in the league right now? Brady, surely. Brees? Rodgers? Philip Rivers? Carson Palmer last year? Can we agree on those? Wanna leave Rivers and Palmer out? What do they all have in common?

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They were all drafted over a decade ago... ?

Quick question: who are all the QBs of the NFL who will dominate the league for the next decade and be thrust into that "elite QB" conversation, if they aren't already there? Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson, surely. Matt Ryan? Stafford? Carr? Newton? Wentz? Goff? Prescott? Mariota?

What do they all have in common?

All drafted within the last 10 years.  All started year 1... a few sat a handful of games, but all were under center taking fire by the end of their rookie years.

It's a new league.  What Kansas City did last year was the exception to the new norm.  And they had the luxury of doing it with a pretty good starter at QB.

Yeah, and they're all males and have ten fingers too.

The important thing they have in common, as I already filled in above, is that they all took at least a year on the bench at the start of their career, a healthy year on the bench.

And Brady, Brees and Rodgers are probably the three single best QBs in the league right now, and Rivers and Palmer two of the top six or seven last year.

And putting guys on the bench for a year has never been the norm. It's always been too easy to bend to pressure and put him out there. It's only the best teams and situations that generally manage it. 

Putting them out quickly may well be the new norm, as it's always been the norm. Which would be too bad for many QBs who might have been able to make major improvements in a lower-pressure environment without worrying more about the pressure to score points and move the offense next week rather than to do the things they need to do to become better quarterbacks. When the best three in the league have done something like that, it just might mean something.

Not every guy needs it. But many do and nearly anyone coming out of today's college game where most teams have the whole team looks to the sideline to read plays off cards could probably improve an awful lot, where many if most QBs read one side of the field most of the time and where many or most spend no time under center and don't have more than one or two reads could absolutely use the time to great advantage.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, and they're all males and have ten fingers too.

The important thing they have in common, as I already filled in above, is that they all took at least a year on the bench at the start of their career, a healthy year on the bench.

And Brady, Brees and Rodgers are probably the three single best QBs in the league right now, and Rivers and Palmer two of the top six or seven last year.

And putting guys on the bench for a year has never been the norm. It's always been too easy to bend to pressure and put him out there. It's only the best teams and situations that generally manage it. 

Putting them out quickly may well be the new norm, as it's always been the norm. Which would be too bad for many QBs who might have been able to make major improvements in a lower-pressure environment without worrying more about the pressure to score points and move the offense next week rather than to do the things they need to do to become better quarterbacks. When the best three in the league have done something like that, it just might mean something.

Not every guy needs it. But many do and nearly anyone coming out of today's college game where most teams have the whole team looks to the sideline to read plays off cards could probably improve an awful lot, where many if most QBs read one side of the field most of the time and where many or most spend no time under center and don't have more than one or two reads could absolutely use the time to great advantage.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

"The more important thing they have in common is the arbitrary thing I brought up, not the arbitrary thing you brought up!!!" :lol: